ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

To Roan

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by dr3k, Feb 11, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. dr3k

dr3k Patron with Honors

I don't have a webcam - but you're welcome. See you on the L Ron Hubbard's birthday /b/rother :)

EDIT:

Due to his birthday this year falling on a weekday, it'll be on the 15th (Caturday). See you then!

2. Roan

Roan Patron with Honors

yep, dr3k... hope to see you down the road

If the kind of people, mostly younger than myself, that I met today and picketed with today are at all a cross-section of American youth, than America's future is in good hands.

This whole day of picketing was so well conceived, organized and carried out. It could not have gone better. I could feel a palpable sense of safety, concern, gratitude and joy for all us "old school" critics there. Meanwhile there was a very mature sense of ownership, responsibility, positive virtue and just plain fun about their own protest. And the day was their own. I felt like an appreciated guest with about 500 gracious hosts. When it came time to move or march they were all business, but not in an intimidating or creepy way. The masks were more playful and whimsical rather than scary.

Their were many "trusted servants" handing out water, food, picking up trash; keeping us moving on the sidewalk, not letting old farts like me do too much jay-walking.

Many of the picket signs were very well done, layed out and graphically attractive. The slogans of the signs were well thought out, pithy and I could tell that their homework had been done. I was especially impressed with all the hand-outs that Anon had there. They were easy to read, thoughtful and varied greatly over all the topics that Scientology criticism entails.

Kudos to Anonymous... what nice people they were!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. dr3k

dr3k Patron with Honors

Yes. I saw the video on Tory's channel but I don't have a webcam so I thought I'd say something here since I often see him reading/posting here. You're correct it was ridiculously well organized in every city just the same way. I have no idea how it all pulled together but it did and if we continue, only Xenu himself can stop us.

4. Emma

Emma Con te partirĂ² Administrator

You mean this one?

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=N2HsOXM55GI

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  5. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

Where is this photo taken? Corner of Sunset and Berendo (or "L Ron Hubbard Way" as it is now called :eyeroll:)? Front of LA Org parking lot?

6. Little Bear Victor

Little Bear Victor Silver Meritorious Patron

Looks like Sunset/Catalina to me.

7. lionheart

lionheart Gold Meritorious Patron

I can confirm the anon guys I met at the UK picket that I attended were the same. Well-informed, responsible and very interested and respectful to me as the only ex-scn there.

Well done them! Speaking out to get ethics in on the CofS on behalf of all us abused ex-members! :happydance:

8. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Must be Sunset and ex-Berendo. The road surface is the fancy brickwork, not the usual tarmac that Catalina has.

Paul

9. Roan

Roan Patron with Honors

Uhhh, you're close. The crowd there is on the south-west corner of Sunset and L. Ron Hubbard way. LA Org parking lot is across the street, basically at the spot where I am shooting the photo.

Your old stomping grounds, eh LuluBelle? I know how much you miss L.A.! :coolwink:

:)

10. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

I betcha most of the Anons didn't know about the tunnels they were walking over :)

Zinj

11. Dulloldfart

Or the thetans they were walking through. :)

Paul

12. Zinjifar

It's LA. Even the atmosphere is visible. You get used to walking through the intangible and just ignore it.

Some people go so far as to think that actual vehicles are mere phantasms and attempt to double park in the same Time/Space.

Zinj

13. Dulloldfart

What always used to get me was coming in by air and you see this very visible brown sludge a few thousand feet up, and then it disappears when you are in it and you try not to think about it too much!

Paul

14. Zinjifar

It's actually hugely improved. Back in the late 60s it was so thick that, on a 'clear' day, visibility could be a couple of hundred feet.

Nowdays it's like actually breathing air :)

Zinj

15. TheSneakster

TheSneakster Guest

not important

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2012
  16. TheSneakster

TheSneakster Guest

not important

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2012