What's new

Today Tonight Exposes Scamming Scientologist

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi everyone,

thank you for your interest. I can't really say publicly at this stage but promise you'll be the first to know when it happens...it's basically about accountability...
I have just finished reading Amy Scobee's book and it was a real eye opener for me.

It's so hard to believe such barbaric inhumane behaviour still exists and is tolerated by not only the victims but our society. I hope none of you went through that much heartache??? Is what Amy went through normal in the sea org???

May I ask...now that you're out, and after going through a period of major adjustment are you enjoying life...or still badly traumatised???

For me personally I'm still trying to sort out what happened in the time I spent under the spell.

I'm certainly a lot happier and healthier now than then, and I feel like I'm getting back my basic personality again but there's still some scars.

I presume most of the exes who post here (and the many who just lurk :coolwink:) would agree that "we" use this Board as therapy to heal the scars of what happened - it's incredibly effective therapy. :D

Thank you! It was hard to go, knowing lots of people will make judgements about us. I didn't go on for revenge but to hold her accountable for what she has done to us and hundreds of others. It was about 3hrs of interviewing and is so much worse for us than it appeared on TV.

What really outrages me is her expectation that we would just hang our heads in shame because she deceived us. The problem is hundreds of others have and so many of her victims told me they were either "too scared" or "too embarrassed" to speak out.

She was supposed to settle today and instead she resigned from her $2 company and we received the liquidation documents today!

Thanks everyone for your empathy...it does help.

Hi Protest, I admire you for what you are doing. Every single scientology should make those who perpetrated crimes, accountable. It is the only way to stop the atrocities committed in the scientological Holocaust.

One should never be embarrassed or scared.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
For me personally I'm still trying to sort out what happened in the time I spent under the spell.

I'm certainly a lot happier and healthier now than then, and I feel like I'm getting back my basic personality again but there's still some scars.

I presume most of the exes who post here (and the many who just lurk :coolwink:) would agree that "we" use this Board as therapy to heal the scars of what happened - it's incredibly effective therapy. :D

That's awesome Scooter! :dance: I think so too!

:cheers: to recovery! (and all the very very best in the years to come man!)

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.

Scooter, I think you have stated a truth that keeps popping up on this board. All of us need to admit damage and healing in order to move on.

Cherub

Back from the Dead
The good news, boys and girls, is that the Healing does occur and, the more it does over the years, one discovers how fantastically beautiful a being one is; no fear, just loving Life. It is glorious and I wish it to all!

The Cherub

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is finding the crimes and exposing them. :thumbsup:

See - Scientology, exactly applied, is helping to stop criminal activity. :yes:

I will be keeping an eye on this site - nice find, James. :thumbsup:

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
Wow indeed, thats a serious project there!

I hope to see this site continually updated and reviewed, as it was mentioned Carly does have a big legal team and I would hate to see the site disapear due to legal pressure (libel, slander etc).

I might post this on WWP later if no one else wants to, the site certainly needs to be spread around to build up search engine optimisation (SEO). Will be great to see this on the first page of Google right next to Carly's own site.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Oh, yeah . . . .

popcorn_2.gif

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
Wow indeed, thats a serious project there!

I hope to see this site continually updated and reviewed, as it was mentioned Carly does have a big legal team and I would hate to see the site disapear due to legal pressure (libel, slander etc).

I might post this on WWP later if no one else wants to, the site certainly needs to be spread around to build up search engine optimisation (SEO). Will be great to see this on the first page of Google right next to Carly's own site.

What would be the down-side for people who have had nearly everything taken from them in speaking of their experiences, the last person I would have a brawl with is the one who has nothing to loose. Getting the data out far and wide is the best thing that could happen.

I don't think this thing is going to go away easily for CCorp.

James

Spirited

Patron with Honors

Hmmm I understand that Ccorp have made promises they havent kept and thats not ok. I get that!!
I get that the person took out a loan in good faith that the people she was dealing with would deliver. I understand that also, but we are talking about $mill plus deals here and people pull out of business deals all the time for a lot of reasons. You simply cant do business deals like that in the real world now days. Due diligence is required.
borrowing $280,000 from a bank @12% interest per month when you already have a $500,000 mortgage and not securing your sale with a deposit or something rock solid before taking out that loan is pure nuts.
And Doesnt the bank have some responsibility in preying on the vulnerable??. after all it is very common for a council to take longer than expected to approve things. the bank would have known this.

In business, there is a saying that you cant eat promises and/ or potential. someone promises to buy a property when a rezoning gets approved??
isnt that a red flag?? It would be for me and it would be a case of "show me the money"!!!

one thing i have noticed in these stories is that Ccorp offered them beyond what they would have gotten via normal sale of property "as is". Did these people get swept up in a bit of greed themselves???
I think both sides are wrong and both responsible for their end of it.
I dont see that the blame goes one way. as sad as that is to say.

I wouldnt do business with Ccorp personally because there isnt enough transperancy within the company but then again I wouldnt do these kind of property business "deals" with anyone else either....just sayin

and yes i agree that charging $6000 for a bunch of DVDs/cd's is a ripoff!! even the tony robbins of the world dont do that. but again, before spending that money wouldnt you be looking for the real life stat results first???
I have one question regarding the lady that had a very poor horrible background and came to australia and worked multiple jobs all her life to get ahead. she was very diligent with her money as a result of her background.
BUt she Apparently she had to borrow money for her involvement with Ccorp because she was busted ass broke, which then put her into horrible debt. I dont get it...???

Spirited

Patron with Honors
having said all that. I do believe that there is some bullshit in the Ccorp stats as I dont know anyone that has built a $200 mill empire in 4 or so years. I dont even think Donald Trump did that so hmmmm

protest

Patron
I think the http://www.carlycrutchfieldexposed.com/ site is really good, but I think we can help them promote it better.

I would like to see this site come up at the top of the results every time someone does a search for "Carly Crutchfield", so they can make their own informed decision about whether she can be trusted.

To do this, I'm suggesting that every time we mention her name that we hyperlink that name to the site address. This will accumulate "votes" that will cause Google to rank that site as being the most relevant result.

To do this simply press the above link button (the symbol with the blue globe and chain above). The resulting link is like this .... Carly Crutchfield

Even though she may read this, she won't be any match for all of us doing this on this forum as well as other sites. This will really make a difference.

protest

Patron
Looks like Carly has wasted no time reflecting on resolving people's issues with her dodgy business practices but is trying to shut them up instead.

"Carly Crutchfield censorship Fail

On the 4th of January 2011 the data centre where this site lived received a letter from lawyers representing Carly Crutchfield demanding that this website be shut down under threat of legal action. The data centre then notified our hosting provider of their intention to comply with Crutchfield’s demand by switching off the entire server thus ensuring the effective removal of this website. At no point did Carly or her lawyers attempt to contact us directly through the site.

Always attacking, never defending is a hallmark strategy of Scientology’s standard operating procedure (SOP). And true to form Carly followed Scientology methods, with the treatment of this web site echoing her victims' claims of legal intimidation harassment.

However as you can see our website is still up and running and is a testimony to the commitment and expertise of our international, seasoned IT professionals who worked around the clock to ensure there was no disruption.

This website never blinked.

We are prepared. We are here to stay."

protest

Patron
Hmmm I understand that Ccorp have made promises they havent kept and thats not ok. I get that!!
I get that the person took out a loan in good faith that the people she was dealing with would deliver. I understand that also, but we are talking about $mill plus deals here and people pull out of business deals all the time for a lot of reasons. You simply cant do business deals like that in the real world now days. Due diligence is required.
borrowing $280,000 from a bank @12% interest per month when you already have a $500,000 mortgage and not securing your sale with a deposit or something rock solid before taking out that loan is pure nuts.
And Doesnt the bank have some responsibility in preying on the vulnerable??. after all it is very common for a council to take longer than expected to approve things. the bank would have known this.

In business, there is a saying that you cant eat promises and/ or potential. someone promises to buy a property when a rezoning gets approved??
isnt that a red flag?? It would be for me and it would be a case of "show me the money"!!!

one thing i have noticed in these stories is that Ccorp offered them beyond what they would have gotten via normal sale of property "as is". Did these people get swept up in a bit of greed themselves???
I think both sides are wrong and both responsible for their end of it.
I dont see that the blame goes one way. as sad as that is to say.

I wouldnt do business with Ccorp personally because there isnt enough transperancy within the company but then again I wouldnt do these kind of property business "deals" with anyone else either....just sayin

and yes i agree that charging $6000 for a bunch of DVDs/cd's is a ripoff!! even the tony robbins of the world dont do that. but again, before spending that money wouldnt you be looking for the real life stat results first???
I have one question regarding the lady that had a very poor horrible background and came to australia and worked multiple jobs all her life to get ahead. she was very diligent with her money as a result of her background.
BUt she Apparently she had to borrow money for her involvement with Ccorp because she was busted ass broke, which then put her into horrible debt. I dont get it...???

You've made some good points, but these were not arms length transactions. These people were groomed, trusting, honest and hardworking. None of them were a match for Carly. I don't think it occurred to them that this level of deceit and corruption existed in such an innocent looking package.

Are you suggesting they are partly to blame??? For Trusting? She is a convincing woman who has deceived thousands of people, and deceived people do not deserve to be ripped off. Greedy? The only greedy one was Carly. These people dared to believe that her offer was genuine and like most people took her up on it. I think when someone has a high profile as she does people tend to assume that person must be legitimate. Obviously Carly isn't.

Carly is a slick operator and knows how to befriend someone, win their trust and disarm them. Her offers are not too high, just high enough to suck people in. And none of these people are pretending to be sophisticated investors. She was the expert and they trusted her like you trust your teacher, doctor etc. She had a duty of care to them and instead exploited them, that's as low as they come!

I think it's easy to sit in judgement on others and that's what keeps the victims silent. Their fear of being judged as stupid. It's like the old days when girls got blamed for getting raped.

We need to encourage people to speak out, not judge them when they do.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
You've made some good points, but these were not arms length transactions. These people were groomed, trusting, honest and hardworking. None of them were a match for Carly. I don't think it occurred to them that this level of deceit and corruption existed in such an innocent looking package.

Are you suggesting they are partly to blame??? For Trusting? She is a convincing woman who has deceived thousands of people, and deceived people do not deserve to be ripped off. Greedy? The only greedy one was Carly. These people dared to believe that her offer was genuine and like most people took her up on it. I think when someone has a high profile as she does people tend to assume that person must be legitimate. Obviously Carly isn't.

Carly is a slick operator and knows how to befriend someone, win their trust and disarm them. Her offers are not too high, just high enough to suck people in. And none of these people are pretending to be sophisticated investors. She was the expert and they trusted her like you trust your teacher, doctor etc. She had a duty of care to them and instead exploited them, that's as low as they come!

I think it's easy to sit in judgement on others and that's what keeps the victims silent. Their fear of being judged as stupid. It's like the old days when girls got blamed for getting raped.

We need to encourage people to speak out, not judge them when they do.

Excellent post.