What's new

Today Tonight : Scientology Under World wide damage control

It would be nice to see the U.S. Senate begin investigations into the cult's criminal activities and why the IRS gave it tax exempt status.

I disagree. There is MUCH MORE IMPORTANT business that the U.S. Senate needs to be getting on with. The Co$ is a circus sideshow in comparison. Better to seek to make the Co$ a focus of Department of Justice actions here in the u.s.. To that end, contacting congressional representatives might be helpful.

Mark A. Baker

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
:welcome:to ESMB Jack-a-Lope! :goodposting: ~ Mary

Hi. I had to finally register just to say this..

You Aussie exes rule. You guys going out there, speaking the thruth without fear and standing your ground in this is powerful. The only thing the CoS had to protect them - shuddering people into silence - has effectively been taken away from them.

I hope your example opens the hearts and minds of more and more people.

Jack-a-Lope

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I know this shows I don't know much about Scientology, but why would ANY religion want to train its believers how to lie so well if it (the religion) is supposed to be the truth?

To teach staff how to deceive people. The first lie in Scientology was probably Hubbard himself convincing others to believe Scientology is something that it's really not. In order to keep the lie going, it required more lies, and so on.

Hatshepsut

Crusader
She's so blind its scarey. Naw, scratch that....she outright KNOWS she's lying!! The C of S tax issue and the 1983 ruling of 'tax exempt' must be protected at all costs.

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
Faces and Intention

It is nice to see the faces of Carmel and Kevin and the others.

All I can say is that I'm glad to be on their side ! :thumbsup:

I certainly would not want to oppose people with that much intensity

and clear-cut rightness of purpose as is most obvious on those faces. :omg:

These videos make the words come alive and the senator does not seem to be

doing this for political ends, although I hardly ever trust politicians anymore.

So, well done you mates. I'm not surprised it is Australia that is taking the lead.

I am looking for another country since the US is lead by Nazi types, so OZ might be on that list.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
I disagree. There is MUCH MORE IMPORTANT business that the U.S. Senate needs to be getting on with. The Co$ is a circus sideshow in comparison. Better to seek to make the Co$ a focus of Department of Justice actions here in the u.s.. To that end, contacting congressional representatives might be helpful.

Mark A. Baker

Mark, I could flood you with so much data on u.s. government corruption that your head wouldn't just spin it would probably lift-off.

Firstly, the IRS itself is a body of corruption. It has no legal nor Constitutional standing and has the same legislative backing as the "Federal Reserve" i.e., none at all. The Federal Reserve is a private banking institution. The IRS is a private organization that only manages to collect taxes because it has intimidated people into believing it has governmental authority, in the same way as the CoS intimidates people into believing that this is the only salvation for mankind.

If the u.s. government actually dares to investigate whatever corruption occurred between the "Church" and the "IRS" then one of the larger dominoes is set to fall--which may then set the u.s. back onto a path as envisioned by the Founding Fathers.

Sleepyhead

Patron
Mark, I could flood you with so much data on u.s. government corruption that your head wouldn't just spin it would probably lift-off.

Firstly, the IRS itself is a body of corruption. It has no legal nor Constitutional standing and has the same legislative backing as the "Federal Reserve" i.e., none at all. The Federal Reserve is a private banking institution. The IRS is a private organization that only manages to collect taxes because it has intimidated people into believing it has governmental authority, in the same way as the CoS intimidates people into believing that this is the only salvation for mankind.

If the u.s. government actually dares to investigate whatever corruption occurred between the "Church" and the "IRS" then one of the larger dominoes is set to fall--which may then set the u.s. back onto a path as envisioned by the Founding Fathers.

Hi RPX and co. Not to get too far off topic, but I see no lack of evidence to support these views, including from SUCCESSFUL INVESTORS, without necessarily having to be a "conspiracy nut." On the other hand, I think Hubbard actually USED some of this sort of stuff to help create his own "spin, scenario" etc. particularly in connection with creating the Sea Org.....:study: :study: :study: :study: :study:

BTW RPX: Your siggie should probably be "SIC GORGIAMUS ALLOS SUBJECTATOS NUNC" :D
E.g. http://www.special-dictionary.com/latin/s/sic_gorgiamus_allos_subjectatos_nunc.htm

Last edited:

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Hi RPX and co. Not to get to far off topic, but I see no lack of evidence to support these views, including from SUCCESSFUL INVESTORS, without necessarily having to be a "conspiracy nut." On the other hand, I think Hubbard actually USED some of this sort of stuff to help create his own "spin, scenario" etc. particularly in connection with creating the Sea Org.....:study: :study: :study: :study: :study:

Neither was I a "conspiracy nut" until I saw the movie The Falcon and the Snowman which gave insider details of the cia interfering with the Australian Flight Controllers' Union and manipulating the events which led to the 1975 "Dismissal". This was REAL DATA exposed in the trials of Christopher Boyce and Daulton Lee.

BTW RPX: Your siggie should probably be "SIC GORGIAMUS ALLOS SUBJECTATOS NUNC" :D
E.g. http://www.special-dictionary.com/latin/s/sic_gorgiamus_allos_subjectatos_nunc.htm

Unsure. Latin was "suspended" while I was in High School. The phrase appears in both forms in the movie.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Hi RPX and co.

1. I did some further research which backs my contention that it appears both ways in the movie. Morticia says "subjectatos"; "subjectos"
is carved on the "headstone" from which she is reading. So which was intended by the scriptwriters would require even more research.
2. It is not genuine Latin.
3. Under the language rules that I use, "subjectos" is a verb, "subjectatos" is describing an action that took place in the past tense, thereby conflicting with "would subdue".

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron

RPXenu:

Someone has to give you the game here.

I used to be a hater of the income tax/IRS until I gained some understanding. The income tax IS legitimate ... it is a special excise tax on government granted privilege, and, it is only MEASURED by the "income", defined by the US Supreme Court as net gain or profit, from the use of the government granted privilege. An analogy would be, say, you own a property. You have a private road thru your property. There are some people who would like to use that road for their business, because it would save them time and money, but, it is your road. Wouldn't you have a right to charge them for the privilege of using your road?

People who were born or naturalized in the US or have achieved resident alien status have a RIGHT to make a living here, trading their labor for remuneration in any of the several states at occupations of common right in the private sector, and this right is NOT TAXED. However ... most people voluntarily choose to participate in Social Security, which makes them "taxpayers". If they don't realize that they are participating voluntarily, shame on them. If they are being forced into participation by some corporation that hires them, then that is being done by CORPORATE POLICY, and not any law. That the IRS is actually some sort of trust out of Puerto Rico and that the Fed is a private, run for profit corporation that the US govt. is bankrupt and in receivership to is not material ... a contract is a contract, and the participant is considered to have volunteered.

It may seem to you that the fair thing to do would be to make sure that everyone is given a full and complete disclosure as to how they create tax liability for themselves, which would allow them to make an informed decision as to weather or not they would like to participate in this 100% voluntary program. I would happen to agree with this, but, unfortunately, this is not how the system works. Since the entire system right now is essentially private commercial law based upon the Uniform Commercial Code, the principle involved is that if you exercise any benefit of an agreement whatsoever, you become liable for all terms and conditions. That sucks, but, that is the way it is. If you would like to stop creating a tax liability for yourself and/or stop creating the presumption of a liability, stop using a taxpayer ID number where none is required by law, plain and simple. You may find yourself fighting against a wall of ignorance and fear, but not law.

Regarding Cof$ and tax agreements ... Cof$ is a complex corporate structure, a mix of for profit and not for profit corporate entities, all operating under a grant of privilege as opposed to an assertion of rights. There are no constitutional issues involved, only contractual agreements between parties and weather or not there has been a breach of the agreement. Attacking Cof$ and/or exposing them will in no way shape or form expose the IRS to the full disclosure that it dreads.

Pete