ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Tony O exposes Virginia Stewart's lies regarding disconnection (ESMB gets a mention)

Discussion in 'Tony Ortega' started by Emma, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Emma

Emma Con te partirò Administrator

You gotta read this!

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/01/scientology_virginia_stewart_allen_wright.php

In this article Tony carefully pulls apart Virginia's lies about disconnection. She disconnected from her own father for 23 years because he left Scn and went to study under Bill Robertson.

Read more at the Voice.... :biggrin:

2. Freeminds

Freeminds Bitter defrocked apostate

Re: Tony O exposes Virginia Stewart's lies regarding disconnection (ESMB gets a menti

Tony O is as awesome as ever... but I worry about him.

His output has been so prolific recently that I fear he might attract direct action, either at the orders of management or from some misguided Hubbard apologist acting on his or her own initiative. I know that OSA is much diminished from what it formerly was, and that the public (and law enforcement, and legislators) are wise to a lot of Scientology trickery now... Still, Tony's landing some pretty heavy blows against the abuses and idiocy of Scientology, and he seems to have stepped up the pace to be just about daily.

Is it really safe to be so vocal a critic of Hubbard and his lunatics, now? Maybe I missed the memo.

But good on yer, Tony. Balls of steel, and all that. And please be careful, all who spread stories of Scientology's weirdness. The remaining members of the cult are more likely to be the particularly disturbed ones, and the ones with reason to feel desperate. It worries me.

3. NCSP

NCSP Patron Meritorious

Re: Tony O exposes Virginia Stewart's lies regarding disconnection (ESMB gets a menti

I'm sure that if anyone knows the risks of speaking out, it's Tony. If I were him, I'd be more worried about being fed disinformation that could then be used to discredit me professionally. But he's a good enough reporter that I don't think we need to fear that too much.

4. Good twin

Good twin Floater

I agree Freeminds. I find it really exciting but a bit frightening at the same time. There have been some body parts found in Hollywood recently. Every time I hear about it on the news I wait to see if there might be a Scientology connection.

There really are no limits to what Scientologists might do.

5. Reasonable

Reasonable Silver Meritorious Patron

I thought a great quote from this video was "The mind control is so insidious that the people who are perpetrating it don't know they are doing it"

Similar to this well known quote "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing you he didn't exist"

6. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

Yes, I also see what Freeminds is saying but, since Tony has decided to take them on (with all of us) then the more visibility the better. He needs to keep plugging now until the entire world sees him as the expert journalist on the cult's ass. He needs to be visible. They can play their cloak and dagger bullshit games but out in the open, where all the world can see, is probably the best place he can be.

He is not alone. :)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  7. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Yes. Lovely mentions of ESMB (and a link!) and Ems. :)

One huge advantage Tony Ortega has is that by both publishing lots of fairly accurate articles and by being a real journalist and doing due diligence and his own research and so forth is that he has built up a large following of knowledgeable exes and critics. And these people feed him lots of fast leads to stories so he gets scoops. As well as comment voluminously on his pieces giving him even more data in the feedback.

Paul

8. Axiom142

Axiom142 Gold Meritorious Patron

Well done Tony. Cult spokeshole being exposed as a liar and a hypocrite. Yet again.

And, I noted the contribution of a certain Michelle Sterling. :) Anyone would think that the cult had done something to royally piss off this formidable woman and make her determined to even the score.

But of course the cultists in the Cult of Scientology can’t see that. They just blindly attack, attack, attack, never realising that they create more and more enemies for themselves.

I’m feeling generous, so here’s a bit of free advice for OSA – there are plenty more ‘enemies’ waiting to put the boot into your silly little cult. There is only one way to stop that from happening and that isn’t by telling more lies and trying to stamp on the Critics In Present Time.

Hmmm, maybe I’m being a little too oblique here – we’re dealing with cultists who can’t think logically and spot the source of the problem after all – so I’ll explain it in simple terms.

OSA – you attacked Michelle and tried to get her sent to prison. This made her a bit angry (not to mention a whole load of other people, including me). She didn’t forget this, and when the opportunity arose, she said something to the right person. This has resulted in even more bad PR for your ‘church’. You have also made a lot of other people angry. They are waiting to put the boot in as well.

Every time you try to attack a ‘critic’ it rebounds and hits you in the ‘nads. And more importantly, creates more enemies lining up to put the boot in. Your current policy is creating more enemies than you can possible stop, no matter how many PIs or law firms you hire, or police forces you try to buy.

You are right in the path of a Tsunami and the only way you can stop it is to tell the truth, admit what you have done and get rid of the problem (hint – Slappy is his nickname, and for good reason).

Remember, you reap what you sow.

Axiom142

9. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

I just totally Love and admire everyone involved in bringing this to light.

10. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

:omg: Body Parts???? :omg:

Where did you hear about that? :nervous:

When I lived near Big Blue for about 7 years. During that time there were two naked dead bodies that were found when the sun came up in the morning. One was a lady who was prostituting in the neighborhood to pay for her drug habit. A Scientologist tried to help her to get off drugs.....took her to Narconon......she left after a couple of days, then called him to help her go back.....he did. A couple of days later she was stripped naked, murdered and left on the sidewalk......she was an example to the others in the area who might want to back out of the prostitution/drug connection. People in the neighborhood heard her being murdered.....she was screaming. The people who lived there and saw what was going on did nothing....said nothing....didn't report it.....they were too scared. She was married with several children....I think she was 25. Hollywood is a crazy town where crazy things happen. There are many gangs and lots of drug trade. I doubt that Scientologists would go so far as to chop up someone's body and leave parts here and there.......but.....I could be wrong.....I just can't see that happening.....unless one of them is just psycho to begin with and would have done it anyway, whether they were involved in Scientology or not. But....then again....there are people like Rex Fowler, so what do I know? :confused2:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  11. Dulloldfart

Excerpted from Jan 19 article at http://newsone.com/nation/associatedpress3/human-head-found-near-hollywood-sign/:
    LOS ANGELES — An investigation unfolding near the iconic Hollywood sign in Los Angeles is playing out like a gory movie script, as police worked to identity a man whose body was found in parts over the past two days – first a head on Tuesday, then two hands and two feet on Wednesday. <snip>​

Paul

12. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

Cudos to Tony and thank you Emma for helping him out, and for posting this here for all to see. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

13. Good twin

Good twin Floater

Thank you Paul. Yes, this is what I've been seeing in HLN on TV. I guess the downside to being off work for so long is I can fixate on all of my own paranoia even more than usual. Tomorrow when I see my doctor we are going to have a talk about sending me back to work.

Well done to Tony Ortega and of course Michelle Sterling and all the exes and critics who never give up or shut up. I may still be a fanatic in some ways. I still hope to see as much disclosure of as much truth as possible about what we all happened upon and bought into. Somehow I still think it's important for my sanity that some of the truth be told and the more the better.

:yes:

14. elwood

elwood Patron with Honors

There was a similar case in LA about 60 years ago. Same perp?

15. Dulloldfart

Dunno. Ask the scriptwriter.

Paul

16. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Some of the comments from the article.

And many more... http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/01/scientology_virginia_stewart_allen_wright.php

17. Zhent

Zhent Leakus Maximus

Sounds like a great excuse for another ACA follow-up! Although who wants to bet Virginia would not be making an on video appearance for this one? :wink2:

18. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Caught between Scylla and Charybdis.

On one hand the "footbullet", on the other the "boot in".

Such is the delightful symetry one may find in life. :)

19. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Another

20. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Thanks for posting these.

The fourth letter down by Xenu in reply to Sketto hits the nail on the head.

Here's a little more background: From Volume One of the OEC Course, HCO Division, a.k.a. a Green Volume, from 1974, HCOPL dated 23 December 1965, 'Suppressive Acts, Suppression of Scientology and Scientologists', and on page two of that HCOPL there is a list of suppressive acts over forty lines long - most of the page.

"Suppressive acts are defined as actions or omissions undertaken to knowingly suppress, reduce, or impede Scientology or Scientologists...

"[Such suppressive acts include] public disavowal of Scientology... public statements against Scientology.

"[Suppressive acts also include] continued membership in a divergent group; continued adherence to a Suppressive Person or group pronounced a Suppressive Person or group by HCO; failure to handle or disavow or disconnect from a person demonstrably guilty of suppressive acts; being at the hire of anti-Scientology groups or persons..."

Disconnection was standard Scientology policy and practice in the 1970s.

When Hubbard's 1968 sham cancellation of Disconnection (and Fair Game) was seen to have created some amount of confusion, during a period of schism in the early 1980s, a decision was made to issue a reinstatement of Disconnection, but anyone seriously involved with Scientology in the 1970s knows that disconnection was never discontinued. Handle or disconnect was always standard practice, no matter how it was disguised or named.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012