What's new

Tony Ortega book drops in May

Veda

Sponsor
I say if they want to be called a "church", let's give that to them, haha. This book, simply by being truthful, is going to knock the socks off anyone who isn't familiar with Paulette's story. I would bet that anyone who has read ANYTHING about the cult and/or about this book will take that label with a HUGE grain of salt. I think they're probably the only ones (the "parishoners") who would classify them as a "church". Tony seems to have been respectful and quite generous with his use of that word :biggrin::biggrin: I myself wouldn't have been so PC or nice :angry::coolwink:

I'm perfectly happy with the cover:

60B2B021-B38F-2584-6ED4ECD8075E131C.jpg

What concerned me was the possibility of the repetitive use of the words, "the Church" (rather than just "Scientology") to describe Scientology - in the book, and during interviews.

IMO, it's counter productive, and does what Scientology has been attempting to do for decades: to convince people to call it a Church and a religion. Calling it "the Church" is even worse. Like it or not it gives it legitimacy no matter how despised it may be.

And, IMO, it's silly to say that this relentless effort by Scientology hasn't had an effect that has benefited Scientology.

But it's an irrelevant issue. The book is going to the printer, and Tony has assured that there's no excessive use of the mentioned terms.

What matters now is that the book is a success, and that Paulette get the recognition she is due.

It's my new mantra:

"It's a Cult, It's a Cult, It's a Cult!!!" :thumbsup:

The CULT of COS! :omg:

(I'm sure Tony's book will be a big success and I thank him for writing it! :flowers2:)

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. .
Tony Ortega Mod • 37 minutes ago

We had hoped to save this news for Monday, but our webmaster, preparing for the announcement, accidentally posted the image of the cover for a few seconds. That was enough to let the cat out of the bag. So those of you folks who jumped all over it, forcing our hand, . . .
Here's a screen grab of said "accidental posting" by The Underground Bunker webmaster early yesterday morning that started all the trouble. :whistling:

And this thread. :whistling:

The whisper is he's gone "to the decks." :biggrin: :coolwink:

You either know what that means . . . or just don't worry about it. :)

View attachment 9080

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Re: Tony Ortega's Paulette Cooper book

AnonyMary, thanks for the vote of confidence, but quite frankly I don't see any of the above as a personal attack. Certainly I don't see my missive on Alan Walter as a personal attack, and I find it amusing that I presented the evidence as to why I might have some reservations about Alan - many of which are the same reservations expressed by the same people about the same kind of behavior from Marty - and I get no substantive refutation of my opinion, only ad hominems and vague character witnessing.

This is a hot button for some people, and you know what? Loyalty to a friend is something the Co$ discourages, and it shows nobility on the part of people who rush to do so. That they may be doing so in defense of someone who may not totally deserve that loyalty is something for outsiders to legitimately point out, but those outsiders should not expect tea and crumpets for their trouble. I developed a thick skin in my short academic and long business career, and I don't mind taking a shot from people who disagree with me, even if I think their reasoning is unfounded. It's why this is a message board and not an echo chamber.

I think it's a good thing for lurkers who are toying with the one foot out one foot in approach of Feezoning or Knowledgism or whatever other Laffy Lite bullshit programs are out there, to see how the adherents of those disciplines react when challenged.

With that, I'll start a thread later today to deal with these issues, so we don't derail this thread.

You had me at Laffy Lite. Good one!
LOLOLOL

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

Sorry. I shall go write up my sins. :bigcry:

Oh, oh, oh, just before I go write up my sins, in duplicate (carbon paper on a clipboard, no friggin' squirrel tek here), I actually had a milk shake today. Just thought everyone might be interested in this. I made it myself with some excellent pure vanilla ice cream...sorry, sorry, my focus has taken a hammering today and I seem to have the attention span of a gnat. Nothing that a sin-write-up won't fix. :ohmy:

Time: this evening
Place: sofa in my home
Form: I lost my focus on all that Dr Hubbard gave to the planet and made a degrading type joke which involved a super-sized milk-shake...

Woo hoo, I have forgotten how to do O/W write-ups! I am so so happy!

Dear sister in the Church of [STRIKE]God[/STRIKE] Hub

I have been assigned ''your case'' as a volunteer minister, for providing you with chaplain counselling.
Please write up, all your sins, time, place, form and event, so I can pick up the originals, and file them, for the sole purpose of Chaplain forgiving, in the name of [STRIKE]God[/STRIKE] Hub.

I am addressing the hungry & thirsty BT's:

Leave this thetan alone right now - Get out of this meat body!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Tony posted an interview he did with Allison Hope Weiner:

[video=youtube;d0XxhF_TVcg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0XxhF_TVcg#t=112[/video]

Published on Jan 15, 2015
The Church of Scientology is known for attacking and intimidating it’s critics, and one of the most notable victims of their harassment was Paulette Cooper. Cooper’s story of being followed, sued, and even captured by the Church after she exposed them in 1971 is told by journalist Tony Ortega. The dark secrets and real human cost of going to battle with Scientology is laid bare in this uncensored interview on Media Mayhem, hosted by Allison Hope Weiner.

GUEST BIO:
Tony Ortega is executive editor of The Raw Story and is formerly the editor of The Village Voice. He's written about Scientology since 1995, and has a forthcoming book about the subject.

<snip>

EPISODE BREAKDOWN:
00:01 Welcome to Media Mayhem.
00:20 Introducing Tony Ortega.
00:30 Paulette Cooper exposes Scientology in 1971.
10:00 Cooper harassed and sued by Scientologists.
14:00 Cooper trapped by Scientologists again in 1980.
15:10 Scientology surveillance and intelligence gathering methods.
18:00 Scientologists using the legal system against Cooper and interfering with her work.
25:30 Did Cooper ever think about backing out due to threats on her and her family?
34:00 Thanks and goodbye.

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron

Dear sister in the Church of [STRIKE]God[/STRIKE] Hub

I have been assigned ''your case'' as a volunteer minister, for providing you with chaplain counselling.
Please write up, all your sins, time, place, form and event, so I can pick up the originals, and file them, for the sole purpose of Chaplain forgiving, in the name of [STRIKE]God[/STRIKE] Hub.

I am addressing the hungry & thirsty BT's:

Leave this thetan alone right now - Get out of this meat body!

Dear Chaplean,

Too cool. My very own personally assigned sin-gathering volunteer minister. Just what I needed. :whistling:

Please telex me any and all relevant data on this forgiveness process, in the name of [STRIKE]God[/STRIKE] Hub. Should I bring my own clipboard or will one be provided? Same re: carbon paper?

My knees aren’t what they used to be so if it’s okay with you could we please skip the “begging for forgiveness on knees” thing? Perhaps I could do a little song and dance for you instead?

I’m really keyed out about getting my case handled. The room is brighter already.

ML & ARC
Sally

p.s. Today I found a car-park in the exact spot I needed one. I know this is because of this cycle.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Tony posted an interview he did with Allison Hope Weiner:

[video=youtube;d0XxhF_TVcg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0XxhF_TVcg#t=112[/video]

Wonderful and fascinating interview!

If Scientologists actually had the tech of "word clearing" they boasted about so often--and they had any idea of what the word humanitarian actually meant--they would promptly give that award to both PAULETTE COOPER and TONY ORTEGA instead of the fanatic criminals in the cult that terrorize innocent people.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

just a reminder.

Here is the imperious sociopath
L. RON HUBBARD
who tried to criminally frame, imprison and
viciously drive Paulette Cooper to insanity or suicide

lronhubbard_globe.jpg

Every day Scientologists stand
and applaud the photograph of L. Ron Hubbard.

Hoc autem bene...
(Remember this well)

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow. Great interview. Seriously this story needs to be made into a movie, but only if Paulette is totally cool on that idea. :yes:

Does anyone have any info, yet, on how we might pre-order a copy of the book?

I've had a small look on net but not found anything.

Thanks in advance. :)

Wow. Great interview. Seriously this story needs to be made into a movie, but only if Paulette is totally cool on that idea. :yes:

I've had a small look on net but not found anything.

Thanks in advance. :)

I don't know how you can preorder, but I think someone on T.Otega's site suggested somehow ordering through Tony's site because there was some extra benefit he would get from that. Sorry for the vagueness and I hope someone can verify/clarify. I am very low on energy now, don't feel like searching around.

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian

Dunno. The most likely scenarios are probably:

1) Intense, daily love bombing and regging in the Underground Bunker to enable advance orders and anything else that reduces the time we have to wait, pronto. :flowers2: :grouch:
2) Some vicious hack. :guyfawkes: :spitcoffee:
3) Scientology prohibids the book, with the result that Tony dumps it immediately into the net for free. :read: :study: Just kidding. :biggrin:
4) Oatee telepathic channeling, soul cracking,... etc. :rubeyes: :evillaugh:

:waiting: :nailbiting: :redface: :conspiracy: ... :booze: