Top 100 Stupid Moments in Scientology PART 4

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by HelluvaHoax!, Apr 25, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

Incidentally, I was there when the bookstocks in Class V orgs were ordered to be gutted and tossed because of BTBs in the Tech Vols.

BTBs were deemed "not Source" and were, therefore, inauthentic and needed some door slamming.

This also generated substantial GI for uplines because Class V orgs need to buy all the bookstocks upfront and then sell it off to recoup their costs.

The old stuff had to be dumped with zero refund or credit to the Class V orgs. This meant those long construction dumpsters full to the brim of tech Vols, Dianetics Today, old Volunteer Minister's Handbooks, etc. All the mini basic books. So many books that my arms burnt from carrying so much to the dumpsters.

This all had to be repurchased and replaced.

This is also how Hu666ard's "number of books sold" stat is inflated for N.Y. Bestseller lists. The bookstocks are purchased by Class V orgs and others and then warehoused to be sold to the public...possibly these resales are tallied for Hu666ard's "number of books sold" stat, too. IDK, but that is about their speed. It certainly would assist putting Ron on the bestseller list.

This scam worked so well that Miscavige later pulled the same scam on the public as well as the Class V orgs with the Basics and lectures.

Now I've read here, somewhere, that he's discovered "lost tech" in the BTBs and that the BTBs were never supposed to be dumped in the first place and that some SP ordered their destruction.

My guess is that a reversed cycle happens all over again. Deja vu.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • LOL LOL x 2
    • List
  2. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

I always thought corsets were sexy.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  3. Enthetan

BTB stuff or not, if it got published under his name, the assumption is that he read it before OKing it.

4. Bill

Bill Gold Meritorious Patron

If you look at any of the re-re-released books you will find the author listed as "L.Ron Hubbard Library" or something similar. You will also find the title of all the books have been changed. For instance, "Self Analysis" is now "L. Ron Hubbard Self Analysis" so his name still appears on the cover, as always, but not as author.

So, today, none of the books were "written by Hubbard".

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  5. screamer2

screamer2 Idiot Bastardson

It's like an automatic washing machine.
    I wonder what will happen when the rinse cycle begins?

6. Enthetan

I firmly believe the real purpose of the "Basics reissue" was so that "Church of Spiritual Technology" would now be the owner of all copyrights, with DM in control of CST.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. JackStraw

JackStraw Silver Meritorious Patron

Does this have something to do with protecting/prolonging the copyrights?

Jack

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Bill

Bill Gold Meritorious Patron

I'd imagine that's a major part of it.

9. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

Protecting copyrights? What a silly MEST consideration!!

This has nothing to do with that and everything to do with transcription errors.

And here's what you do with incorrect technology, pal!!

giphy.gif

• LOL LOL x 5
    • For you For you x 1
    • List
  10. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Squirreling Dervish

Notice that Hubbard had to coin a word for the physical universe that had a negative ring to it like "messed" and MEST? All part of negating the importance of EVERYTHING but Scientology so as to make it all the more likely that we'd just fork it over come reg time!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  11. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

There is ZERO possibility that Hubbard did not know about that book and collect royalties.

ZERO.

That was always one of Mankind's Greatest Charlatan's greatest gimmicks---to do something dastardly or and later claim that he "had no idea" others were doing such awful things in his name.

It's never good when the planet's messiah & savior is super sleazy, lol.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  12. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

https://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-duration.html

13. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

Ron was All Knowing and Knowing How to Know because Not Know was low on the scale...that is until he did Not Know about the criminal stuff his 2D was doing while he was Pervading All with his Knowingness and Being the Second Dynamic all Pan Determined with Full Responsibility and All Exterior with Full Perception like a sliver in the thumb where the body is the sliver and the thetan exteriorized is the thumb but yet Ron did Not Know even though his anchor points were waasy out there in Space and Time and his confront was through the roof due to clean hands and exchange in Abundance having forgiven millions owed to him by the church and humbly gifted gifts to mankind and the Tech was free let's keep it so.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    • LOL LOL x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  14. screamer2

This pretty much sums up what hubberd and $cientology are all about:

:footbullet:

15. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

Comma Khazies will fix their MU's. This was last resort tech before being booted out the door that was always left open a crack to keep an eye on you. Can't have nattery SOB's runnin round loose

16. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

What about the women in them?:cool:

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. Enthetan

The kind of women who are into wearing corsets are inherently sexy. And that's the last I'm going to say on the subject.

18. screamer2

"So many books that my arms burnt from carrying so much to the dumpsters."*

WELL, ISN'T THAT WHERE THEY SHI\OULD HAVE BEEN ALL ALONG?

Maybe this is a foreshock or pre-harmonic of what is to come. Dumpsters is where all the hubburd books belong.

But I actually burned mine since I didn't want to risk the chance that some clueless rube might lay hands on them intact and start the dupe cycle all over again.

*This is sort of like the post-wash, pre-rinse soak cycle in the high-end washing machine I made reference to earlier.

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  19. Leland

Leland Crusader

Just wanted to point out that BTB refers to Board Technical Bulletin.....and not "a book."

Scientology use to have lots of Board Technical Bulletins.....just like HCOBs and such...in their course packs and OECs and Tech Vols...

Edited:

I sure you knew that... :)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  20. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

I think HH's post is in reference to Dianetics Today which was a compendium volume of "based on the works of" and, possibly, had BTB data, etc.

Same reason that "How to Live Though an Executive" is gone. Even though Hu666ard copyrighted it and collected his fat oaf royalties from it the actual author was C. C. de Mille's kid - the same guy who discovered the Carlos Castinada book hoax.

Richard de Mille, I think... He was the guy who accompanied Alexis and El Ronio to Cuba and transcribed SOS. He also was involved in the Black Dianetics attempt on Sara Northrup.