ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Tory Magoo - "Another Sea Org Member Out"

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by Knows, Jun 24, 2014.

View Users: View Users
  1. George Layton

George Layton Silver Meritorious Patron

Let me go back to your last "what the fuck" Claire. One of Aleister Crowley's books was "The book of lies" Which Tom wrote in the life time he was Aleister. The book begins with "Every thing in this book is a lie." to insinuate that, if it is a book of lies then the first lie in the book "Everything in this book is a lie" makes everything else in the book true. You having been through scientology, does that not ring any bells? Just saying something, or anything, does not make it or the rest said following that valid. Every time you start a new sentence or even change up inside a sentence does not validate what is said. You can go from apples to oranges in the same sentence or the next sentence. Because someone says or believes something they say, will not make it so. What's true for you might very well be delusion. It might be a good idea to consider what Tom says with a grain of salt for good measure.

2. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

You know staring at Kirstie's sagging tits at the tabloid racks will give you pneumonia, right?:biggrin:

article-1023635-0174640E00000578-700_224x544.jpg

3. Smurf

Bullshit. Did you not see the link I posted? The arrears has zero to do with his property. It's for unpaid child support. I've worked on family law/custody cases.

It's a common misconception of deadbeat dads that once a child (they owe child support for) turns 18 & become legal adults, the dads are no longer on the hook for missed child support payments. :)

4. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

I have to admit that I didn't go to that link. I just knew it would have too many words, and I am such a lazy ass these days. :melodramatic:

So my bad.

5. Smurf

Bend over.

nun.jpg

6. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

7. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

One down, how many to go? Who has the list of Org staff and hours that they work?

8. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Just don't say it would be a groovey thing to drop Ron (the dead one) off the Empire State Building.

9. Claire Swazey

Claire Swazey Spokeshole, fence sitter

Well, I'm going to answer this anyway, as it's relevant. Or maybe I posted this to the wrong post. You wrote so many...anyway...it's about talking to a Scientologist and if that's ok. You seem to think it's not. Did you know that when Tory was on alt.religion.scientology, as having worked with Bill Yaude to disrupt the forum, what got her to think twice about this silly goddamn cult was that a well known critic, Andreas Heldal-Lund reached out to her and they had many conversations. As you know, she went on to leave the building, then she went on to accomplish a great deal. When this all got discussed there, I didn't see anyone say that Andreas shouldn't have done so.

I had a similar experience on a.r.s. with some people reaching out to me back channel. It led to my leaving, too. Not that all contacts between culties and critics have to be about unindoctrination, but it can and does happen.

I will confide in you. I don't know if you've seen me mention these facts here; though I have done so in the past. My dad was an ex churchie who got his a/p money back. My mom hated Scientology. She thought only accredited mental health professionals should deliver anything akin to mental health methods or therapies or treatments. She was a true Virgo (I mean this lovingly but those of you who have a Virgo in your life- you know how they can be) who admired authority and accreditation and doing things a certain way and she was a Thomas Aquinas loving Catholic.

I stayed in contact with them. They went to my (Scn) wedding at the ED's house. My dad who had butted heads with the ED and my Mom who hated Scn were there. And it was fine. They really liked John, though he was a true believer then. He and I were staff together when we got married.

We visited them a lot. Never were we slammed or sneered at or told what to do and never did I give my Mom a hard time for consulting her doctors and taking psychiatric meds. Ever. There was no disconnection and when we were with them there was laughter and love, even with J and I, devout and devoted staffers and one parent an ex churchie and the other in league with the eeeevil psychs.

You know who told me I couldn't talk to people on the other side of the fence (and who had a completely different opinion AND status) re Scn? CofS. No "antago" people, no SPs, no media, no psychs, no this, no that. I came to see how stupid it was when I was transitioning out of the cult. Many people have talked about how stupid that is. If people can't talk to whomever they want to, they aren't living in good circumstances and/or there's a problem with either their maturity level or that of some people around them.

So Tom's considered a cultie- which he is. And a liar- which I have no idea if he is or not. But so what? What's it to you whether an ex member talks to him? I'm free, pasty beige and way over 21. And so what if he wasn't telling someone or telling me the truth. I think that would be up to me to deal with if that were to be the case, right?

If this were with anyone other than yrs truly, I'd wonder if this fuss you and Smurf are making is out of some worry that something could go wrong. But nothing you guys have posted about my talking to Tom has indicated any shred of concern, like, whoa, what has she been getting into? It's more accusatory than anything else. Anyway, I'm an adult and I can take care of myself. And I have a husband. So yay, instant guardian to pacify the male chauvinists on the board.

Am I really supposed to dispose of Tom or people like him quietly and without sorrow? Isn't that more something Hubbard or the present day cult would want to do? I don't want to be like them. I didn't let them tell me who to talk to - I left the cult over it in fact- and the same principal applies anywhere else, to anyone else. This is exactly the same situation, only with the roles/memes reversed. Scn'ist talking to ex member. Shouldn't be happening. That's awfully controlling, don't you think?

10. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

If you do go in, snap a pic of the staff list so we can all start posting as them. Could you do that please/

11. Claire Swazey

12. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

I see where you are coming from, but I do think Tom Booth is a bit different cat than the examples you gave. He reeked of a troll from the start. Saying that he joined an org after telling the ED, or whoever recruited him, that he's not a Scientologist, but he was past life Aleistar Crowley and LRH promised him the church in a future life, and that his goal was to indeed take over from DM. Then he talks about his wanting to "experiment" with mind over matter, or whatever, with someone here. He claimed that the CoS has no problem with him posting on SP forums. It was obvious a few times that he was posting from the org while on post. There were even more wild claims and inconsistencies.

Come on Claire. Really? You can't compare this with Tory, or even yourself. This was batshit crazy stuff. Very bizarre. So naturally we suspected that he could be OSA. Or that he was just nuts. Or both. Jury is still out.

But it's all tiresome to me now. We're not changing each other's minds on this. So, as I did with Bird earlier today, I hereby grant you your Beingness.

P.S. No, I wasn't concerned about trying to protect you. It was my intent to call you out. I know you are a big girl. If I thought otherwise I would've taken a different tack. But there's no desire on my part to call you out anymore. But I'll probably still J&D you from time to time. I cain't 'hep it!

13. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Well, there are many many many pages of "non starters". That's the whole point.
    We are in the alternative troll universe. The troll universe even penetrated the theta
    sheild of Harlem Org apparently :confused2:. I don't know what's going on anymore. Heelllll-lip.

14. Claire Swazey

But so what if it's a crazy situation or person? Who on ESMB is going to be hurt if I talk to someone on FACEBOOK?

Seriously???????? REALLY???? On fucking BOOKFACE? REALLY????????????

So if I want to go out and talk to a guy in a tinfoil hat wandering the streets of downtown Seattle where I work, is it really going to present a problem for YOU? If I want to go to a psychiatric hospital and talk to the patients, if I want to be penpals with some prison inmate, what's it to you?

REALLY?

No offense, and thank you for the polite reply, but honestly, you and Smurf are dead wrong on this. And you're trying to stop someone from talking to someone else. Yes, you have reasons behind it, but so did the cult.

So, no.

I'm amazed. And not in a good way.

15. Claire Swazey

And before he deleted it, I saw Smurf's suggestion...

Smurf, you must have been rather angry when you posted it. It did not make sense and John and me- well, we're staying put.

16. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

I don't recall trying to stop you from talking to him. I have no power to stop anyone from talking to anyone. This is a message board, not a cult. I'm not a ranking officer over you. So rest easy Hon. It's all good. Talk to Tom all you want. Go out to New York state and help him grow garlic if you'd like. Who knows, it might be a nice change of pace fer ya.

17. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

The Troll Council has decided to confer the title of Deaconess upon you for your recent work.

18. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

I wonder what the ED, the EO, and the DSA of the Harlem Org are thinking about Tom Booth? I wonder if someone from OSA Int called them up and reamed them out? I wonder if conditions have been applied to them over this? Gang-bang sec checks perhaps? Twelve year old CMOs on their way to "put ethics in"?

I mean, come on, someone really dropped the ball over there. LOL....

Oh Tom Booth, part of me wants to thank you actually. This has been a very bizarre, almost enlightening experience. LOL...

OSA may even start working ESMB more fervently again over this. We may get moar Trolls!! But more of the type we expect. Or not. Hubbard didn't leave any instructions on handling internet forums. I think they're at a total loss. They were for a time at the effect of a guy who claims to be ol' Aleister Crowley!! It's magickal!!

:hysterical:

19. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Good points about yourself!

With your permission, I'd like to reprint your post on the thread entitled:

WHY I AM VERY CERTAIN
    IN MY OWN MIND
    THAT I, MYSELF, FEEL
    THAT EVERY THREAD I READ
    IS REALLY ABOUT ME, CLAIRE

:giggle:

20. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

I don't know what to make of it, but from the Tom series, it sounds like it would be easy for someone to go into Harlem org and find out a bit just by chit chatting - without having to sign up for staff. But they might be just like what we would usually expect at any org.
    It is strange. Trolling, and trolling which is suspected of being OSA, seems totally different to what it used to be. It now seems like trolling lite, or actually, very lite.

Do you think it's changed like that? I think OSA is very low on resources, and I think DM must now be very very "iffy" about having people on the net to see all the legal shit he's in. All those ex OSA people now on the other side?? Anyone in OSA now is a threat to DM, no matter how dedicated they are. Anyone trolling for OSA could turn against DM and COS and might have information of LEGAL interest.