ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Tory Magoo - "Another Sea Org Member Out"

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by Knows, Jun 24, 2014.

View Users: View Users
  1. Claire Swazey

Claire Swazey Spokeshole, fence sitter

Well, Smurf, Deacon and Anonycat brought it up. Repeatedly. So you should be thanking them. And, of course, yourself.

2. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

I think you may be spot on. I think DM has given up on handling the internet. Which is actually a smart move. They can't handle it. Not at all.

He certainly doesn't want members, even OSA, to see what's really going on. Too risky. He'd lose more of them.

3. Claire Swazey

The books about Scn are coming out in floods, really. Remember how, in the past, the cult was able to block the sale of emeters, they stopped the continued release of The Bridge, they had people totally scared to publish anything? I'm sure you're familiar with them. Well, you're right. It's too much for them to stop.

I wondet if this is indicative of a major weakness in the cult.

4. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

You've either become batshit crazy or you're drunk, Claire. I deleted a post that was confusing to critics. Get over yourself. :duh:

5. Smurf

Dont-Cry-Baby-12.jpg

6. Actually, chances are more likely that they are applying the "Recruit in Excess" policy. They are generally not supposed to give much of a rat's ass in who they hire, as long as they are not flagrant criminals, whatever they consider "perverts" are these days, and such. Then they give them a hat (post/job) and have them get on with it. If they are productive, they don't usually get too involved in their business until there is some PR flap.

He was likely also not that important or valuable as a statistic to someone (why should he be if there are RPFers locally who can easily do the same for nothing). Simply, he was more a statistic being hired than staying hired.

I would also give credence to the fact that OSA is very likely very low on resources. They actually aren't allowed to fund raise for themselves, at least as of a few years ago, so they have to live primarily on the org allocation which isn't that much.

But also, the 'net info has gotten to the point that for those who have to research this stuff, it would very likely cause them to leave as well. What one reads in the blogs and forums like this is simply too real to ignore. So that is a big credit to any of us who support the truth being put out there in forums like this.

However, it doesn't sound like he completed any services at the org anyway. They aren't supposed to bill what they didn't finish delivering. So maybe more the point, there was really simply nothing to hook him for.

On another note, still good news people are rolling. There's another great post of someone walking up recently.

7. George Layton

George Layton Silver Meritorious Patron

Who on here is? seriously! There are second and third generation people in this cult and every time I see any pro-scientology or pro-hubbard posts on here what goes through my mind is how difficult it is to get out with all that is thrown at someone trying to leave. This might be where someone is lurking to make decisions about getting away. Look at what Tom's post here on this thread are saying. You can go on staff and still have all the free will you want. You can get onto the internet, even while working on staff and visit anywhere you like. You can discuss anything you like with others on staff with no repercussions. It's great the freedom you have while working at the org. To hell with your face book and who your friends are and whether we know who they are or not, this person is painting a false picture and god only knows who might be falling for it. Your patting this guy on the back after you have gone through the cult is either naïve ignorance on your part or your vanity has got such a hold on you that you can't see past yourself.

8. Smurf

Not true. OSA has many volunteers scanning the Internet & taking countermeasures against cult critics, especially on Facebook & Twitter.

9. Claire Swazey

I did see a post you wrote with such a suggestion, earlier today. And it's since been deleted, whichever one it was, unless it was authored by another? Anyway, that's the end of that one, whatever thread it was on.

In any event, the thing about you , Deac, HH, all of us here is that we're alive. Today has been a day of loss of good people. Denise Brennan, Lauren Bacall, Robin Williams. Such a goddamn shame and so much more important than this other stuff. All this passion here is part of life. Perhaps it can be directed differently. There's so much for which to be grateful.

Life and love ard what's really important. And if it cones with a dollop of argy bargying, well, shows people are vigorous and lively anyway.

Good night everyone. Let's dream of what chimes with our hearts. Thanks for being here. :rose:

10. DoneDeal

DoneDeal Patron Meritorious

Hear Hear.

Goodbye Ms Bacall. I loved your work,

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  11. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

The problem with that is that volunteers have to be Scientologists (Non-Scns expect to get paid, and leave if they're not paid). A Scn who sees too much Internet data will eventually say "WTF?" and blow.

12. phenomanon

phenomanon Canyon

We can see, on this very thread, that you can take a guy outta COS, but you can't take Scn outta him.
    They got it all figgered out that Scn and COS are different. LMAO.

13. Tom_Booth

Tom_Booth Patron with Honors

My mistake I guess, make that "As far as I knew..."

Point being, I initiated contact after being banned to ask specific advice related to contacting the moderators. You shouldn't take that out on Clair IMO accusing her of "befriending a lying troll". She's innocent.

14. Tom_Booth

That post was intended as a joke. Guess you don't get my sense of humor.

From my experience at the Church, MU's are considered the root of all evil and finding and getting it defined is a kind of universal solution to nearly every problem. Including having to use the bathroom during course time.

ex: I went to the can while on the BSM course and was accosted for "blowing". There was such an insistence that I had an MU I was like: "What, do I have to go in a pot and bring it back to prove I wasn't "blowing" and just had to take a dump".

15. TrevAnon

TrevAnon Big List researcher

Emoticons work and they help people.

:p

16. Tom_Booth

Not that it's any of your business but as I said my kids are grown now in their 30's. I no longer am required to pay any active child support.

What they are trying to collect is money they say I owe to the welfare department. When and if they ever do collect on it, my kids won't get it. It will go towards reimbursing Social Services for when my x-wife was on welfare.

17. Tom_Booth

Hint. during the sec check on the cans, just visualize a pretty girl holding a flower and smiling.

18. Smurf

19. Tom_Booth

A joke isn't much of a joke if it has to be explained.

20. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

But emoticons replace things like facial expression and vocal tones. On an internet post dry humor, or sarcasm, can be easily misunderstood. I had to learn this when I was new. Now of course most know my sense of humor,but I still use emoticons a lot.