United Nations grants Special Consultative Status to Scientology front group

Discussion in 'Breaking and Major News about Scientology' started by COS and NOI News, Aug 15, 2019 at 7:06 PM.

View Users: View Users
  1. COS and NOI News

COS and NOI News @ISNOINews on Twitter

United Nations grants Special Consultative Status to Scientology front group Fundación para la Mejora de la Vida la Cultura y la Sociedad (Foundation for the Improvement of Life, Culture and Society) .

Rod Keller broke the story on Tony Ortega's website:

https://tonyortega.org/2019/08/11/scientologys-efforts-to-suck-up-to-power-is-appearing-to-pay-off/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

This week Scientology is celebrating a decision at the United Nations. Front group Fundación para la Mejora de la Vida, la Cultura y la Sociedad received Special Consultative Status from the United Nations. It’s led by Ivan Arjona Pelado (speaking in the above photo), a senior member of the Office of Special Affairs, or OSA. He and Eric Roux are main actors to attract allies to Scientology in Europe.

We previously reported on a religious freedom summit involving Pelado, Roux, Mitchell, and Ambassador Brownback. That effort appears to have borne fruit as this status will improve Scientology’s ability to address the UN through reports and presentations. They will also be allowed to organize conferences within the United Nations and attract allies from around the world.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

I did some additional research, and I was able to locate the first page of the UN letter granting Special Consultative Status:

[​IMG]

I was also able to locate the 54-page booklet "Working with ECOSOC: an NGOs Guide to Consultative Status."

http://csonet.org/content/documents/ECOSOC Brochure_2018_Web.pdf

Some relevant pages from the booklet are set forth below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. COS and NOI News

3. Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie Miss Ellie

You try to warn people and they just do not listen.

4. lotus

lotus autonomous rebellous

Jesus...

The problem with all those front groups is that there are not real obvious evidence they belong to Scientology mafia and their intention in covertly infiltrate all local and global governing organizations.

Also since Scientology has been granted a religious status in some countries..they can't discard them...
    When they are revoked their religious status it will change how they are regarded.
    :oops:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019 at 2:49 AM
  5. COS and NOI News

That is why I post stories like this to ESMB, tweet, and tag relevant individuals and entities (in this case, @UN, @UNDGACM_EN, @UNECOSOC) in my tweets.

I know it is not much, but it is what I can do, it is not nothing, and I figure something is better than nothing.

I'll admit, I sometimes feel I could use some help, even if it was just people retweeting my tweets, quoting them, or replying to them, or doing their own thing in this area.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019 at 8:48 PM
    • For you For you x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  6. lotus

lotus autonomous rebellous

We do appreciate!

I told you years ago, that YOU were my relying source regarding Scientology news. I do read all your posts.

You take time to make an appropriate screening and report what is of interest and all this, while remaining out of gossips..which I so appreciate regarding your content. This is what a public service is.

Much thanks for your dedication, even if you are given some though time for doing what you do.

:cool:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019 at 10:00 PM
    • Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  7. COS and NOI News

Thank you for the kind words. I really appreciate them. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List