What's new

"Vengeance and Control": New LRH Documents online

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Until the site can be redesigned, best option is to download an updated browser for viewing content, consider firefox.com or others which are free and linked above in this thread.

Sigh... Seems as if your site has brought an unknown bug in SeaMonkey to light. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=Seamonkey+zoom doesn't know anything about this problem.

So, I checked your site again with the latest version of FireFox Portable and it was almost bearable to read. "Almost", because now, at my preferred zoom level, I had vertical AND horizontal scroll bars to deal with, which was a little unpleasant.

When I find the time to nail the problem down a little further, I'll send a bug report to Mozilla/Seamonkey, when nobody else has done it till then.

Anyway, when one is willing to jump through enough hoops, your site IS readable. :)

OSAOPS

Patron with Honors
Oh, we almost forgot....

Fuck you OSA! :biggrin:

Internal website visitor analysis indicates large number of visitors from Nation of Islam/Farrakhan servers.

"The TRUTH" as they call it, this time about LRH, is getting through.

Jump

Operating teatime
Internal website visitor analysis indicates large number of visitors from Nation of Islam/Farrakhan servers.

"The TRUTH" as they call it, this time about LRH, is getting through.

Thanks for putting this stuff out there. :thumbsup:

I agree that the colour scheme is almost traumatic. It makes the text look 3d and difficult to concentrate on. How about simple black on white

Oh, and fuck you OSA. :biggrin:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
150 % Zoom, which is as low as I can go, even when it's black text on an almost white background:

As you can see: It's still the same problem, text elements overlaying each other. This doesn't happen on ESMB, because ESMB (mostly) uses relative text elements, which automatically self-adjust to my zoom levels.

Windows has a "magnifier" utility program, which you can use to zoom the screen. On Windows 7, you get to it by clicking All Programs -> Accessories -> Ease of Access -> Magnifier

You use the mouse to move the magnified portion of the screen around.

To exit the magnifier, move the mouse to the magnifying glass icon and click it, the magnifier control window will appear, click the red x. In the "ease of access" group, there's also an "ease of access control center" which you can use to adjust your screen.

[video=youtube;47Nh33hBrhQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Nh33hBrhQ[/video]

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Windows has a "magnifier" utility program, which you can use to zoom the screen. On Windows 7, you get to it by clicking All Programs -> Accessories -> Ease of Access -> Magnifier

You use the mouse to move the magnified portion of the screen around.

To exit the magnifier, move the mouse to the magnifying glass icon and click it, the magnifier control window will appear, click the red x. In the "ease of access" group, there's also an "ease of access control center" which you can use to adjust your screen.

[video=youtube;47Nh33hBrhQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Nh33hBrhQ[/video]

Thank you. :wink2: I know the Windows Screen Magnifier since Windows 98 (or was it a decade earlier? I can't remember). :)

Thing is: That thing is an absolute PITA and totally useless, for people who really want to get stuff done - especially when they're handicapped. Have you ever tried to "read" more than one page of Fließtext (sorry, no English Wiki available for that word)? With eyes as bad as mine, you'd probably give up before you've reached line 3 of page 1.

For people who are suffering from a black eye for a week or so, that program might be temporarily useful, but people with real bad eye sight would give up reading alltogether, before they had finished day 1. I can say that because I've really tried, back in the days when my eyes were still kinda useful.

Nowadays, I'm asking myself whether a screen reader or a braille keyboard would be better, but deep in my heart, I already know the answer. I'm just too lazy to learn braille, ATM. :coolwink:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Thank you. :wink2: I know the Windows Screen Magnifier since Windows 98 (or was it a decade earlier? I can't remember). :)

Thing is: That thing is an absolute PITA and totally useless, for people who really want to get stuff done - especially when they're handicapped. Have you ever tried to "read" more than one page of Fließtext (sorry, no English Wiki available for that word)? With eyes as bad as mine, you'd probably give up before you've reached line 3 of page 1.

For people who are suffering from a black eye for a week or so, that program might be temporarily useful, but people with real bad eye sight would give up reading alltogether, before they had finished day 1. I can say that because I've really tried, back in the days when my eyes were still kinda useful.

Nowadays, I'm asking myself whether a screen reader or a braille keyboard would be better, but deep in my heart, I already know the answer. I'm just too lazy to learn braille, ATM. :coolwink:

You could also try getting a bigger monitor. You can also hook up your laptop to a big-screen TV.