What's new

Watch Today Tonight tomorrow - Monday 21st June 2010

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
I do believe things will get interesting in the U.K., what with COSRECI submitting paperwork to HMRC, and various municipalities, claiming COSRECI is recognized as a "charity" in Oz. And now the authorities in Oz are say COSRECI is definately NOT a charity.

Can you say "FRAUD"??

BigBeard

I guess you could say it was a fraudulent statement on their unaudited accounts but was maybe an honest mistake. Unlike the question of where the $87,160,000 went to.

http://www.xenu-directory.net/opinions/rashleighberry19971213.html

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
tommymouth01.jpg

sad-clown.jpg

Last edited:

BigBeard

Patron
I guess you could say it was a fraudulent statement on their unaudited accounts but was maybe an honest mistake. Unlike the question of where the $87,160,000 went to.
http://www.xenu-directory.net/opinions/rashleighberry19971213.html

I have my doubts about the "honest mistake." I recall the claim of being a "charity in Australia" showing up in too many of the docs posted to WWP regarding Cof$ tax exptions in the UK to be a simple mistake.

In fact I seem to recall the claim being mentioned on a.r.s. way back when, before Chanology took off.

BigBeard

MostlyLurker

Patron Meritorious
At 8:58 ...about the "millions" of Ron Hubbard. Tommy says "He was a successful author, and then he donated that back to the church".
Isn't that an acknowledgement by Tommy that Hubbard got the millions from the church?

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
I have my doubts about the "honest mistake." I recall the claim of being a "charity in Australia" showing up in too many of the docs posted to WWP regarding Cof$ tax exptions in the UK to be a simple mistake.

In fact I seem to recall the claim being mentioned on a.r.s. way back when, before Chanology took off.

BigBeard

What docs ever showed that COSRECI was a registered charity anywhere?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Please Lord, I pray that someone teaches me how to do a screen capture of that image.

Get the image you want on your screen, at the best resolution you can find. If it's a video, it's easiest to pause the video. Then

1. Hit the Print Screen key (it's usually somewhere in the top right of the keyboard). This will put an image of your entire screen onto your clipboard.

2. Open an image editing application like Paint (comes free with Windows, Programs > Accessories > Paint), and hit Paste.

3. Save the image as a file somewhere, maybe a jpg, and edit (crop, resize etc.) as needed.

Paul

hartley

Patron with Honors
I do believe things will get interesting in the U.K., what with COSRECI submitting paperwork to HMRC, and various municipalities, claiming COSRECI is recognized as a "charity" in Oz. And now the authorities in Oz are say COSRECI is definately NOT a charity
Ah - that would seem to be the bombshell, the CoS saying in its letter that COSRECI is not a charity. If that is indeed the case then the whole house of cards collapses.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
However, thanks to the 'Acceptable Truth' doctrine, lying is a religiously protected practice in Scientology.

As are Fair Game, Disconnection, bribery, extortion, blackmail, genocide and Planet Clearing.

Zinj

Osiris

Patron with Honors
However, thanks to the 'Acceptable Truth' doctrine, lying is a religiously protected practice in Scientology.

As are Fair Game, Disconnection, bribery, extortion, blackmail, genocide and Planet Clearing.

Zinj

Very true Zinj,

Not to mention the Tech to keep a straight face, as they do it,

while implying/saying, The COS is a respectable organization :lol:

Last edited:

BigBeard

Patron
What docs ever showed that COSRECI was a registered charity anywhere?

I didn't say there were docs showing COSRECI was a registered charity anywhere.

I said COSRECI claimed to be a charity in Oz in docs I recall being posted in the past, and talked about on a.r.s. some time back, trying to get tax breaks from various municipalities in the UK.

BigBeard

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
At 8:58 ...about the "millions" of Ron Hubbard. Tommy says "He was a successful author, and then he donated that back to the church".
Isn't that an acknowledgement by Tommy that Hubbard got the millions from the church?

LRH's claim was that all the money he got from the church was book royalties. But the church was his source of income. And most of it wasn't book royalties. I remember a lot more than that amount being left in his will. More like 4 billion.

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
And not entirely coincidence. :)

Yea!! And thank you!:coolwink:

When I listened to this I felt numb....maybe heard so much of this type of thing before and the church always has well paid lawyers in their deep pockets to bail them out. I am used to them and their dirty tricks and manipulation and disabling of critics, etc. I have to refresh my mind and listen as if I don't know anything about scn. Then it is so much worse. That they registered as purely a charity in the UK has got to be a huge foot bullet! It's easily proved a lie I would think. But their manipulation of the loopholes in tax laws is not unlike many other corporations. But probably not many other "charities" or "religions" that are not charities get away with it and this one has definitely the potential to sway public opinion to a huge degree, both in Australia and the U.K. I certainly hope so.

Mockingbird6

Patron with Honors
Good points

Good point.

And Zinj, the upside down smile is hilarious.

And EVERYONE, GOOD JOB!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Carmel

Crusader
<snip>

When I listened to this I felt numb....maybe heard so much of this type of thing before and the church always has well paid lawyers in their deep pockets to bail them out. I am used to them and their dirty tricks and manipulation and disabling of critics, etc. I have to refresh my mind and listen as if I don't know anything about scn. Then it is so much worse. That they registered as purely a charity in the UK has got to be a huge foot bullet! It's easily proved a lie I would think. But their manipulation of the loopholes in tax laws is not unlike many other corporations. But probably not many other "charities" or "religions" that are not charities get away with it and this one has definitely the potential to sway public opinion to a huge degree, both in Australia and the U.K. I certainly hope so.
To what I've bolded, yeah, that's what I thought. Some months ago, I couldn't understand why the media and authorities weren't running with it, but there's a difference between circumstantial evidence and proof, and apparently that "proof" wasn't so easy to chase down. There were a few working on it and it took some time, effort and smarts to get it.

Anyways, the program made it all look simple, but also only addressed *one* of the issues concerning COSRECI. There's more to the story I think.

All good now coz the media and authorities *are* now running with it. Exciting stuff.

Div6

Crusader
To what I've bolded, yeah, that's what I thought. Some months ago, I couldn't understand why the media and authorities weren't running with it, but there's a difference between circumstantial evidence and proof, and apparently that "proof" wasn't so easy to chase down. There were a few working on it and it took some time, effort and smarts to get it.

Anyways, the program made it all look simple, but also only addressed *one* of the issues concerning COSRECI. There's more to the story I think.

All good now coz the media and authorities *are* now running with it. Exciting stuff.

Awesome stuff. Now DM has to fight a war on 3 fronts....no wonder he stays holed up in his bunker.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa

It is exciting.

And you Australians (pardon my french) are doing a great thing in getting this going. I do believe that it is the start of something very big. Much bigger than anything before.

From what Jesse Prince says, there were many intelligence agencies from many countries represented at the symposium in Germany a few months ago. I take this as a very good sign that something is going to be done about Scientology worldwide. It was always something that Hubbard was watching out for - because he knew who the only people were who could really stop him.

But looking back to just the last few years, so much has been done. Anyone who is in their twenties now, as I was when I first got involved, has a WAY better chance of seeing through Scientology's lies than anyone did in my generation. That is a huge gift to those who come after us.

And for that, I am very grateful to everyone who has done something to get the truth out about Scientology.