ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

We are Anonymous

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Div6, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Yes. Not exactly taking the high road, Zinji.

Do you think Emma will like it on her board?

Paul

2. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Dunno, but, I suppose the best answer is that it's not on her board; just a link. I don't expect it to be around long anyway. Apparently Davey doesn't like it.

Zinj

3. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

I think he's cute as a Poodle.

4. TheSneakster

TheSneakster Guest

not important

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2012
  5. Div6

Div6 Crusader

6. Dulloldfart

Is that because her hosting company is going to complain to her? Or because you are going to take it off first? :)

Paul

7. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

No, neither, but, it's not hosted here, so, I don't expect the hosting company to complain. However, the 'Church' goes after the free services that have it, and, understandably, they usually cave. However, it's survived 2 *real* DMCA takedown attacks so far since '98, even at Earthlink :)

Zinj

8. Magoo

Magoo Gold Meritorious Patron

Yeah, me too, Paul...and they are! I had a 4 way call the other night,
    going over just that with Anonymous. One of them called me today, to tell me she was
    on K-Rock today (huge audience, too!) and telling them just that.
    They want to get onto legal issues that expose Scientology's abuses.

Rock on, Anonymous! They're listening and growing in a few short days.
    Scientology hasn't been able to listen to ANY Of us in 50-60 YEARS.

Go figure! :confused2: :duh:

My best to all :)

Tory/Magoo~~~

9. svonhatten

svonhatten Patron with Honors

Paul! Long time no see... er... hear... :)

I think you misunderstood the post I made. I'm not for making fun although I have somewhat in the past. What I meant was keeping the tech free of charge and of secrecy. If I've learned anything this past year, it's that secrecy spawns corruption. That's one of the reasons why DM has gotten away with so many unauthorized changes in the tech.

Hope that helps you to understand my perspective.

-Steve

EX SCIENTOLOGIST SINCE MARCH 2007
    DECLARED "SUPPRESSIVE PERSON" SINCE AUGUST 2007
    FREE AT LAST! FREE AT LAST! THANK GOD ALMIGHTY, FREE AT LAST! :happydance:

10. Dulloldfart

Hey Steve,

Yeah, it did seem you were concentrating on the wacky stuff. :)

Paul

11. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

Is anyone going to answer my question about the building?

Is it PAC?

12. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

I tried to open the link and couldnt get it to work. Sorry. :confused2:

13. Roan

Roan Patron with Honors

No it isn't.

14. Fancy

Fancy Patron Meritorious

I was going to answer and yes iit sure looks like it when I was there in 2000.

Barb

15. neiljung

neiljung Patron with Honors

16. Emma

Emma Con te partirò Administrator

17. Pascal

Pascal Silver Meritorious Patron

18. Div6

Div6 Crusader

19. Emma

Emma Con te partirò Administrator

Oh dear!

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...g-in-fed-big-boys-to-squash-internet-atta.php

Scientologists Bring in Fed Big Boys to Squash Internet Attacks

Are elders at the notoriously litigious Church of Scientology reaching out to the federal governmental for protection against a recent spate of Internet attacks? A source tells Radar that Church leaders have been so flustered by "Anonymous"— the online collective disrupting the Church's day-to-day operations after it attempted to prevent the dissemination of the now-infamous Tom Cruise video—that they've asked the U.S. Attorney General's office in Los Angeles, the FBI, as well as the LAPD to launch a criminal investigation into possible criminal activity by any hackers.

Disparate individuals working under the banner of "Anonymous" initially congregated on the online collaborative community 4chan (a description of the group, its motives, and its goals can now be found here). Their efforts to draw attention to the Church's "campaigns of misinformation" and tendency to suppress dissent have generally been successful: The first coordinated raid against the COS, a denial of service attack, crashed the Church's website. Anonymous members subsequently bombarded the Church with calls in order to tie up phone lines, sent "black faxes" to waste ink, and also "Google bombed" the Church by tying the word "Scientology" to such nefarious terms as "dangerous" and "cult" in order to skewer search results. A complete rundown of the attack, dubbed "Project Chanology," can be found here. On the site, February 10 is cited as the day of reckoning for Scientologists.

According to our source, the Church is arguing that such attacks on their physical plant and website constitute "illegal interference with business." The CoS is also said to be playing up its nominal role as a religious organization in order to claim that efforts to disrupt its operations are a violation of the Church's First Amendment rights, and thus technically constitute hate crimes.

Initial attempts by authorities in Los Angeles to track the IP addresses used by some of the pranksters have allegedly been successful. Calls to the U.S. Attorney General's office in L.A., the LAPD, and the FBI, however, have not yet been returned.

20. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

"Elders of the Church? WTF?

"illegal interference with business." Oh it's a business now?