ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

We are Anonymous

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Div6, Jan 22, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Alanzo, the puppy was better...

2. Emma

Emma Con te partirò Administrator

I agree. When I see one of his posts I think it's a MissDorfl post.

Go back to the puppy. :p

3. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

My avatar is presently morphing....

4. Alan

Alan Gold Meritorious Patron

Looks more like it is moulting! :)

5. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

How do you like me now, Big Boy?

6. Free to shine

Ok there are now 2 threads with Alanazo's av. :duh:

7. Alan

Alan Gold Meritorious Patron

Beautiful! Simply gorgeous! :rose: :biglove: :biglove:

8. beyond_horizons

beyond_horizons Patron Meritorious

It reminds me of someone I ran into on a Texas highway once!

9. Snuffy

Snuffy Patron Meritorious

Holy S**t, I've missed this one until now. I've watched that You Tube thing three times and it still gives me goosebumps! And now RFW is down! I'm stunned, flabbergasted, knocked backwards off my seat and getting up off the floor and jumping round the room. Somebody give me an OW wite-up or something to bring me down!!

10. lionheart

lionheart Gold Meritorious Patron

Isn't it wonderful that there is no need to be brought down? You are free now of the CofS! :thumbsup:

I must say I think it is really funny that they are being targetted by people who don't care about the law and like to use harrassment. Those who live by the sword shall die by the sword! :hysterical:

11. Snuffy

I must say I'm torn between that idealistic part of me that would rather see fair play rule, and the other more lively part of me that looks at CofS getting a taste of their own tactics and goes Yeah baby!

12. Pierrot

Pierrot Patron with Honors

similar thoughts - as much I don't like minority groups being silenced (and when such a group is abusive rather make it communicated in the open), as going out of communication with the external world does contribute to create a cult - here it's funny how the Cofs that silences any critic or perceived opponent gets the taste of being silenced.

13. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

The problem (or one problem) with efforts like 'anons' is that virtual people in virtual movements tend to forget that they're only operating in the *virtual* world.

Scientology isn't a 'virtual' Cult, doesn't restrict itself to 'virtual' Ops and isn't subject to 'virtual' elimination.

It's not like they're an amazon.com or google or any other organization that exists solely, or almost solely on a 'virtual' plane.

Scientology's internet presence could be completely eliminated with only minimal effect on the actual organization or its machinations, and, that's something these 'anons' just don't seem capable of comprehending.

However, Scientology just *loves* evidence of 'criminal' activity by its Critics, and will go to any means (including Alex' cutesy attempts at 'guilt by association') to play victim. If people *don't* attack them, they'll go so far as to attack themselves so they can whine and moan.

They'll also go to such illegal methods as stalking, filing false police reports, general 'Fair Game' Ops etc. But, not against 'anons', but against non-virtual people like, well, *us* :) (or, Keith Henson II, whoever that might be)

These guys are ignorant, and worse, ignorant of their ignorance, and cocky because they're operating from anonymity.

I can't speak for everyone, but, I'm not a pacifist, and, don't embrace 'Ghandi Tech' out of some 'religious' reason, but for the same reason Ghandi used it; pure tactical considerations. There *is* no force available on the Scientology Critical side; just information and exposure. Scientology has the money and the lawyers and the PIs and the thugs and stalkers and access to cops etc. Ghandi Tech is the tactic of choice *because* it's the only available tactic. And, even that doesn't stop the 'Church' from *claiming* illegal activity and perjuring itself and filing false reports and claiming that every broken window or graffiti or internet sabotage is caused by Us. Because, lying is what they do.

Zinj

14. Snuffy

True. It will be interesting to see how this one plays itself out. (Being a spectator, I'm extremely good at non-actions like that.)

15. They seem young, and seem to be looking for a Noble Cause. Nothing wrong with that, but they don't have a dog in this fight.

Sure, "Anonymous" refer to CofS attacking "the Internet" by attempting to remove the TC video, so therefore they (as representatives of "the Internet"??) think they need to "attack" back. But what they missed in the TC video thing was that - the Internet DID fight back - and it won! It fought back courageously, not anonymously. Gawker stared down the CofS lawyers.

As you point out, they also simply don't understand. They don't understand that taking a few pages down for a few hours doesn't affect the CofS, but it DOES give the CofS ammunition in their PR campaign - "we're the victim here!"

Ah well...

16. Snuffy

I think what I got the biggest kick out of with all this is not so much that Anon were able to knock out the websites for a few hours. Having been fully immersed in the mind-f**k, I found it refreshing to simply hear someone talking so brashly to CofS. You have to admit, the You Tube vid was well done. Sure, the sites will be back up. And the attack so far doesn't look lke it will make any significant impact on the "church". I just like the blatant confrontation of the video.

17. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Well, about the only thing I'd disagree on here is about 'having a dog in this fight'. In fact, everyone has a dog in this fight, since Scientology's 'war' isn't just against 'exes' or 'SPs' or 'Apostates', but against everything *NOT Scientology*, as in all 'wog' society.

They do seem to be getting the beginnings of a glimmer about what's going on, in the sense of recognizing how easily the 'Church' can go after their ISPs and them personally, but, a long way from recognizing how much evil a couple of billion stashed dollars and a coplete lack of *any* normal scruples can buy...

But, I don't expect any kind of rationality any time soon, and, no doubt 'older and wiser heads' will continue to be 'pussies' :)

Zinj

18. I completely understand. At one level, that's true. However, I was thinking more on the lines of efficiency. There are those who are quite familiar with the CofS, who know what its crimes are, who know its tactics, who have a personal reason for bringing action. There are, among those, people who ARE taking effective action. They know what to do, why and when.

Folks who have no personal experience with the CofS, who have no vested interest and have no knowledge are not going to be effective. They'll "get involved" for a lark, but shortly lose interest, or screw around and make things worse, or simply distract everyone from the real issues.

It's certainly great that there is more awareness of the evil that the CofS does, but it would be more effective if these new folks would learn about what is already going on and lend support to some of the more effective actions already being done.

19. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

I'm hatting them. :)

Paul

20. Free to shine

The information that needs to be exposed and that will have an effect:

1. Why tax exempt status is a joke and a con.
    2. Where the money goes. ie why staff have nothing and the upper echelon like David Miscavige roll in it.
    3. How people are literally imprisoned if they are Type 3 PTS and can end up dead like Lisa McPherson.
    4. The fact that Fair Game and disconnection DO exist.
    5. The front groups with hidden agendas.
    6. How serious "the war against the psychs" is.

and many more, but that's a start.

Information on these issues needs to be widely known.
    If someone could add links that would be good.