ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

What Are Your Crimes?

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Nona, Feb 9, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. Nona

Nona Patron

And other such questions to fob off picketers.

If on the protest day they do come out and say "What are your crimes?" for hours on end, what is the most effective thing to say to this, and other awkward questions?

I have no crimes, but they hear that from everyone. I tried to think of anything I'm actually in trouble for, but a broken tail light that was fixed? Besides, it's a dead end question used to distract both members of the argument. What do you do in these situations?

2. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

What are your crimes?

"I have the integrity to stand up to totalitarian tyranny."

"I have learned that people can so believe that they are helping the world, that they become blinded to their own acts of destruction"

"I believe that freedom has nothing to do with blind allegiance to any group or cause, and that only serious self-reflection and unflinching resistance to dogmatic fanaticism can keep us free"

"I have discovered that no person and no idea is above relentless scrutiny, and that anything less will, eventually, destroy myself and all Mankind."

"I am thinking for myself, and no man, religion, or political group has the right to stop me"

"I've learned, up close and personal, that power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"And I'm determined to say it out loud and not let anyone stop me."

Those are my crimes.

Go ahead and report me to your authorities.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  3. Lovesnightsky

Lovesnightsky Silver Meritorious Patron

I think that ignoring their existence is best, like their are invisible. There is nothing that bothers a Scientologist more than not being acknowledged.

4. Poofy

Poofy Patron with Honors

Heh, you know, Love, you're the only person I've heard who has suggested using no-ack. I'll pass that one along.

5. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Yes! :clap:

6. sandygirl

sandygirl Silver Meritorious Patron

Or, turn the tables-"what are their crimes?'

They pulled this in

7. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

LOL

:thumbsup: I LOVE it, I'm doing it.

Wisened One

8. riptide

riptide Patron with Honors

answer with a question

Q: "what are your crimes??!!"

A: Who is Meade Emory?

A: What was Operation Freak out?

A: Who was Paulette Cooper?

A: Where is the original unaltered C/S series 78?

A: Do you break up families?

9. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

I stole a paperclip from the HASI.:yes:

10. ExScnDude

ExScnDude Patron with Honors

:p

Or "I once had secret thoughts that you were totally evil."

11. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

I love you.

Evan though I don't know a thing about you...

12. namaste

namaste Silver Meritorious Patron

I wonder what would happen if you turned it around so that it was your idea for them to ask the question.

"What are your crimes?"

"I'm sorry, could you repeat the question?"

"What are your crimes?

"Say again?"

"What are your crimes?"

"Ask me what my crimes are."

"What are your crimes?"

"Good. Ask me what my crimes are."

etc.

13. ExScnDude

Uh oh! I think you just got stuck to a giant peanut butter and jelly mystery sandwich!

:coolwink:

14. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

Peanut butter, jelly and love sandwich!!!!!!!!!!!!!:whistling:

15. riptide

riptide Patron with Honors

perfect.

16. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

The question is designed to introvert the protester and make him/her ineffective, preferably go away. It is based on the false premise that the CofS is clean and honest and helpful, and that anyone who would attack it must be a criminal.

The accuser may or may not be amenable to getting into communication with the target.

I would suggest a two-pronged response:

1. Try and get into real communication with the person. Don't rise to the bait and get hot under the collar, or shout back. Try and discuss the thing you are protesting about--if it is disconnection, say, ask the accuser about the contradictions between the dozens of personal stories you read on the Net and the CofS's recent denial of practising disconnection.

2. If the person won't get into communication, whip out a cameraphone or camcorder. "What are your crimes?!!!" videos on YouTube are devastating to CofS PR!

Practise this with your friends beforehand. Role-play shouting "What are your crimes?!!" in someone's face. This isn't so you can yell "What are your crimes?" back on the day, but so that you no longer feel any urge to react to the accusation, or the discomfort. Practise it until you can accept someone yelling it in your face without reaction, without laughter.

Paul

17. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

You could always throw in random crimes from the 'Whole Track Sec Check', like:

Well, I'll confess, I used doll bodies for the sensation kick.

Zinj

18. ExScnDude

I'd give what they were looking for in spades:

"Damn! When did you find out I've been sleeping with your wife?"

19. lrnobs

lrnobs Patron with Honors

I agree. Just politely smile and continue protesting. The protest is not for the Scn agitators. You don't have to respond to their verbal fencing. :)

20. alex

alex Gold Meritorious Patron

Perhaps if both sides could actually listen to each other....

Nah. Never happen.

alex