ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

What Are Your Crimes?

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Nona, Feb 9, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

At a picket, the 'handlers' don't discuss; they 'handle'. Only. Sometimes it's attempts to 'introvert'; sometimes it's attempts to intimidate; sometimes it's about 'information gathering', and, it's always about diverting; getting the person *away* and out of sight.

It's *never* about two-way communication, because the Scientologist 'handler' has a very specific and 'set' final purpose. There's no 'give and take' and can't be.

So, you're right Alex; the picketer can be as willing as pie to converse and discuss and even learn from the 'hander', but, the handler *cannot*.

Zinj

2. alex

alex Gold Meritorious Patron

And vis versa the anons have their minds made up also.

Sadly I have a social obligation that day with one of my children and will not get to go watch the festivities, but I know what it will be, and am not happy about it.

Holy shit, we (scientologists) should have snacks and sodas ready and sit down and listen.

Confront what they have to say. You dont have to agree to listen and understand.

Mocking up opposition simply gives strength to it, much like you do for me!
    :)

alex

3. barky

barky Patron with Honors

What about, if you're a "former", you answer:

"My only crime was supporting the Church of Scientology, something I am atoning for right now."

Then start listing their crimes: disconnection, fraud, financial ruination, Lisa McPherson, etc.

Just a thought.

4. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

The thing is, the purpose of a picket is not to 'convince' the org staff; it's to *demonstrate* opposition to the 'Church'; so, comm or not, the picketer's purpose is served. The 'handler's' purpose is to 'make it go away; whatever it takes'. So, they're likely to be frustrated.

Yes, it would be smarter for the 'Church' to set up tables and offer lemonade and lunch, rather than the usual 'what are your crimes!!?' and 'Who's Paying You!!??' or 'What's your upset?' standard script, and, if they're smart, they'll engage in as little of the usual creepy photo taking and stalking as possible; but, either way, I'm sure the anons will have an instructive day :)

Zinj

5. WrongPlaceRightTime

WrongPlaceRightTime Patron Meritorious

I think it would be really funny and effective to hold up a hand mirror to these people and say nothing, or maybe a taunting "Mirror Mirror on the wall, who's the most brainwashed of them all." :angry: :grouch: <them me>:dieslaughing:

or rather than brainwashed, maybe SP? and we should all wear t shirts that say "I'm a PTS" or perhaps "I was a scientologist and all I got out of it was a library of incoherent books and tapes, a psychotic break, and bankruptcy!"

take that, POW!

or "2-4-6-8 Scientology was my biggest mistake!" Or insert "the death of Lisa McPherson" or "ot3" or geez anything followed by big mistake...

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  6. Muhammad

Muhammad Patron

US Constitution/Scn

Simply stated
    Do u believe in Why to Happiness booklet and it precepts.
    Scn. yes if u can get in comm with them. if not accuse them of being ignorant stupid illiterate assholes and tell them to look up their mu's if they say they have no mu's ask them to define random words.
    If they answer question then ask them if they believe in precept that deals with laws of the land. if they answer tell them they are violating ur right to free speech and right to assemble. if that doesn't work bring a ethics repair list or sec ck questions and assess it on them then point randomly to question
    This one seems to indicate then tr 3 them to death. Then tell others in group this person has overts against man kind.
    I learned to succeed in arguments with churchies u need to use the tech.
    Just thought of funny situation at flag while being reggd by IAS rep. I told him i didn't have any money for donations to IAS to which i was in processes of waking up to bullshit. Any way reg starts out at 10k then down and down to twenty five dollars not bullshit. He tryed using big being close on me and being at riverside and working with regs i learned how to use tech to help open up peoples pockets. So I tell IAS reg that i am not big being but a Degraded Being and he should not waste his time on me but should seek out other big being ( suckers) as they were more causitve on life then I . I had to bit my lip from keep on laughting. Well his jaw just dropped almost hit the floor. I told him I must level reach in pocket took out a few pennies drop them on desk and said I hope this will help may one day when i am big being like you i would be able to give more.

7. Hanover Fist

Hanover Fist Patron with Honors

No, it probably won't. Any more than you could expect a group of Jews to sit down with Dr. Mengele and actually listen to each other.

Hanover Fist

8. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

Give the answer:

"To be there and communicate."

With total sincerity and natural TR0, every time they ask.

9. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

Quote by riptide:

answer with a question

Q: "what are your crimes??!!"

A: Who is Meade Emory?

A: What was Operation Freak out?

A: Who was Paulette Cooper?

A: Where is the original unaltered C/S series 78?

A: Do you break up families?
    ...............................................................................

THAT would be an impressive display to hear if you and the other terminal does it in a loud, no-comm lag fashion.

Everyone would clap for YOUR side of it, when you're done..

Hmmm, I'd do this (if I go)..

Thanks for this idea!

Wisened One

10. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

LOL, THAT'S another good one to switch to from riptide's, I can just hear all this.....*giggling*

Wisened One

11. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

You think the person on the other end will know the answers? I certainly wouldn't have when I was in the SO.

Paul

12. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

Paul: Probably not...but then it depends on who does the game with ya. If they send their more aggressive handlers like Mary DeMoss/Panton..

Wisened One

13. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Vinny, you got it!

"Being here and communicating"!