ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

What does it take to get out of the RPF?

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by BAYCB, Feb 9, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. Ladybird

Ladybird Silver Meritorious Patron

Here are a couple RPF stories explaining a bit about how hard it is to get off the RPF these days. Remember also that all your ID, money, credit cards, Passport and liscences are kept locked up. In many cases Sea Org have disconnected from their outside families and fear losing all their families and friends on the inside if they just leave. Many joined as teens and have never had a real job or even finished High School. They have spent years being told the outside world is dangerous and they have not been allowed to read the Internet, watch TV or even read Newspapers or magazines for years.

It is not as easy as it might seem to someone who has never been in that situation.

2. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Wouldn't it be fun to see the Alex character answer these questions?

1. Regarding Int Execs, do you have an evil purpose?
    2. Regarding Int Execs. do you have a vicious intent?
    3. Regarding Int Execs, have you been spreading Black PR?
    4. Regarding RTC Execs, do you have an evil purpose?
    5. Regarding RTC Execs, do you have a vicious intent?
    6. Regarding RTC Execs, have you been spreading Black PR?
    7. Regarding LRH, do you have an evil purpose?
    8. Regarding LRH. do you have a vicious intent?
    9. Regarding LRH, have you been spreading Black PR?
    10. Regarding LRH, do you have any bad thoughts?
    11. Are you secretly disaffected with Management?
    12. Do you have any withholds from RTC?
    13. Do you have any intention to stop Scientology?
    14. Do you have any intention to stop Scientology dissemination?
    15. On your RPF program, has an evil purpose been missed?

Zinj

3. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

I fucking hate that assessment. I received it a million times!!!! RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Old memories....

---

Regarding the RPF: The minimum time seems to be 2 years. Its a miracle if you get out by then. Alot of people end up on it for five to ten years. Every once in a while they do a clean out on people who have taken too long and route them out.

----

LRH says you should get at least one Comm Ev per year and every Sea Org member should end up on the RPF at least once in their life.

I read that somewhere, dont remember where.

4. Alan

Alan Gold Meritorious Patron

1. Regarding Int Execs, do you have an something you would truly like to say?

2. Regarding Int Execs. do you have a true intent?

3. Regarding Int Execs, have you been spreading the truth?

4. Regarding RTC Execs, do you have an good purpose?

5. Regarding RTC Execs, do you have a helpful intent?

6. Regarding Int Execs, did they give you a few 1000 wrong items?

7. Regarding Int Execs. did they make you doubt your own observations?

8. Regarding Int Execs, have you been happier without them?

9. Regarding RTC Execs, is there anything more you would like to say?

10. Regarding RTC Execs, are they a suppressive group?

:love11: :love11: :love11: :love11:

5. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Alan!!!!

:love2:

6. Alan

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

11. Has L Ron Hubbard, Mary-Sue Hubbard, David Miscavige, RTC Execs, GO, OSA, SO or anyone professing to be an agent of theirs - put you into oppostion with or got you to disconnect from those you loved and cared for?

12. Has L Ron Hubbard, Mary-Sue Hubbard, David Miscavige, RTC Execs, GO, OSA, SO or anyone professing to be an agent of theirs - convinced you to do harmful acts that dishonored yourself, or caused you to restrain your reach, your love and your care for your fellow man?

:love11: :love11: :love11: :love11: :love11:

Alan

7. lrnobs

lrnobs Patron with Honors

Nonsense. There is physical restraint. No one can just walk away, that is why they look for opportunities to escape when no one is looking.

Members have to act crazy and appear to be not salvageable in order for the SO to willingly let them go without intense pressure. :storm:

8. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

I'd say its more complicated than that. I was battling in my head for years about staying and going.

You are made to beleive, and you do truly beleive, to your core, that Scientology is the ONLY thing that can free man. The ONLY solution. And so even if it seems like its wrong, or you dont want to be there, you automatically start thinking that there is something seriously wrong with yourself for thinking these bad things.

Its a mindset. Call it brainwashing, or whatever you want to call it.

But one is really made to think that it is something wrong with THEM, and no-one else really feels that way.

I wanted to take off so many times. And I did. Then I would rethink and decide that I was really wrong for doing so, and contact someone in the church, or just come back on my own. I was sick and tired of many, many things. I really wanted out. But I was also very scared to get out. Very afraid of what would happen to me.

You can say that someone can just walk out. Sure. It takes a lot of guts and persistence. But there is always that lingering doubt about whether or not it is right or not. Plus you know you are going to lose every friend and family member if you just walk out and don't do things their way - and take 8 years to get out, like Chuck Beatty.

So yes, you CAN just walk out. Or do it the right way, which is just a drop in time, compared to the billion year contract, right?

9. sandygirl

sandygirl Silver Meritorious Patron

Not only is there physical restraint, if the SO gets a slight whiff of you wanting to leave you are separated from your spouse immediatly.

Think of being watched 24/7, no one there to help you or let you make up your mind of what you really want to do with your life, no phone calls allowed, no $ and a very deep fear.

10. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

Spot on!!!

You CAN just walk out. No-one will physically restrain you. But you will lose everything: your spouse, your friends and your family. You dis the church, everyone you know from the church will dis you, totally and utterly.

11. sandygirl

Bea-don't even get me started!

Here's another one-if you want to marry and your loved one is either higher ofr lower qualed then you to move uplines--Guess what.......

That marriage will be STRONGLY discouraged-it's not the greatest good blah...blah.. blah...

Doesn't really matter if you found someone to love that loves you back.

Who cares about love when we have a planet to save? (What BS!):confused2: :confused2:

12. lrnobs

lrnobs Patron with Honors

Bea,

I was talking about the RPF. As an SO member who has the freedom to go out in public you can just leave when no one around you knows that is your intent.

But RPF'rs are locked in. :innocent2:

And Int is another story altogether. :nailbiting:

13. sandygirl

sorry-I think I just went way off the subject-RPF I
    still too excited to say things that were pent up for years!

Bear with me:melodramatic:

14. Alan

God! That is so aweful - to me my family, my friends are what make life worth living! :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

15. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

Sorry. I was referring to the RPF. I am an EXPERT. I promise. I have spent 6 years of my life on the RPF.

You CAN just walk out. They cannot physically restrain you.

My earlier comment still stands.

16. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

Int is a horse of another color of which I know little about.

I know one person who took off from Int and they had tons of people searching for him. For weeks. Usual. You CAN take off from the SO and the RPF.

But they will come looking for you to get you back in and "fixed".

17. BAYCB

BAYCB Patron with Honors

Bea,

You’re a very strong person to last 6 years in the RPF.

My original question was what does it take to get out of the RPF. I know you're given a program, but does everyone get the same program? Or, is it geared to how someone needs to be handled/punished?

Someone told me that you can't get out until you reach the case level of OT3. Is this true?

18. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

You dont have to get to OT III. The basic RPF program is False Purpose Rundown auditing (a type of confessional which also supposedly locates underlying evil purposes to a persons transgressions) on all 8 dynamics.

Certain cases have to go up to OT V. Those are because of certain case reasons (called List One rock Slammers) they have to go up to OT V to handle it.

It is not everyone who has to do that.

----

Once you have completed all of the auditing, one has to ask permission (called a CSW) to graduate. It has to be approved by CMO Int and RTC. (The CSW takes months to get approved. At least when I was there).

Those 6 years were 3 different times, by the way.

19. BAYCB

BAYCB Patron with Honors

Thanks for the info.... even 3 times through is amazing. You should have been awarded some type of special cert.

From what I have read from others experiences, don't understand how any kind of real auditing can occur under the conditions you were in.

20. Colleen K. Peltomaa

Colleen K. Peltomaa Silver Meritorious Patron

What does it take to get out of the RPF? That is what I would like to ask Lester Bland (formerly ASHO) and Cary Goulston, both no longer members of the S.O.