ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

What happened to OCMB?

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Emma, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Emma

Emma Con te partirò Administrator

Does it come up with itsaline@gmail.com as the ID to log in with?

2. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

No. The user name field is blank.

Paul

3. anonomog

anonomog Gold Meritorious Patron

I can get some of the older posts that were last cached pre-August, but recent links, and I assume threads that have been recently visited and cached, redirect to one page by a user called Scientology.

Here are some cached in July. Got links from a search in Google for : OCMB Jason Beghe:
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=27166
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=35602

It is tedious. Shout if you are looking for specific threads, I'll give them a go.

Roan likes this.
  4. He-man

He-man Hero extraordinary

Registration seems to work. No idea what the error messages refer to since I'm not a coder.

Roan likes this.
  5. Emma

I registered a new ID. Got the email to verify my email address and everything. Got directed back to the site, but then it goes blank. So registration is working but the board itself has been turned off. I don't know about their version of phpbb but the registration system and the functioning of the board are separate on ESMB whether using vBulletin or XenForo.

6. Emma

I'm trying to find anything I can about any announcement that OCMB was going into archive mode.

7. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

I'M TALKING ABOUT ESMB @Emma you silly billy!

8. He-man

I saw that a post on this came up on a large Facebook group, Andreas is a member of said group, maybe tag him in it so he's aware might be a good idea?

9. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

For some of us, particularly after the Jeffrey Epstein mess, being a "conspiracy theorist" might be a sign that you have stopped believing in the PR.

10. Emma

Oooooohhhh. That's not going to happen. ESMB will never be lost.

11. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

"Tramp" is also a US term. A hobo is a migratory worker, who wanders from area to area searching for work. A tramp is "somebody who wanders, subsisting on charity and casual work". A bum is "a lazy or shiftless person, especially one who seeks to live solely by the support of others".

A large percentage of the "homeless" are what we used to call "bums", people too burnt out by alcohol or drug addiction to be able to hold a job.

tesseract likes this.
  12. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Are you leaving yourself a bit of 'wriggle-room' there @Emma? Saying 'it will never be lost' is one thing, it doesn't mean it will continue being the live board that we all love, cherish and hold so dear to our hearts, and that's what I care about.

Enthetan likes this.
  13. Emma

:wiggle:

14. tesseract

tesseract Patron with Horrors

Titanium plates! That's what is needed now. Lots of 'em. ;)

15. He-man

That's effin hilarious.

We also need an ideal building to store the plates in, you know, like - dry air kinda ideal?

Ima gonna go set up the gofundme page.

16. TrevAnon

TrevAnon Big List researcher

And we need someone's wife to be disposed of quietly and without sorrow in that ideal building for those plates.

And then we need some celeb to ask where said wife is.

And then he or she gets to hear that (s)he doesn't have the f*cking rank to ask that question.

And then....

:D

17. anonomog

anonomog Gold Meritorious Patron

Had zero luck so far. Got cached index pages up to 16 August.

For anyone interested:

Found a handy add on to chrome and firefox for search engine cached pages saves going to multiple archives/caches individually, they will all open in a new tab:
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/ -- View Page Archive & Cache
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/view-page-archive/

Getting Google and Bing archives through a normal search is very easy, click on the downward arrow for cache. Searching for the exact URL for OCMB will give an error, use keywords instead.

18. Emma

Thanks for this. I installed the chrome extension. Works well.

19. Emma

Good news. I've finished copying xenu.net. Looks like I got it all.

20. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Here's a forming hypothesis, which I assert, has a likelihood that does not have a zero probability.

Karen and Jeffrey, following their pattern of accumulating and controlling properties that discuss Scientology on the Internet, took over control of OCMB from Andreas in the last few years.

When Karen and Jeffrey rage quitted in a huff from ESMB last week, they could see Emma searching threads in the last few days on OCMB that Jeffrey knew revealed what a lying sack of shit he was, and the colossal sketchiness of his past.

So he turned off the board so Emma could not access it, and his past could not be revealed.

This hypothesis certainly does not have a likelihood of 100%. At this point, given various facts which have come to light, I give it a 37%.

I give the "corrupted database problem managed by people who have either neglected OCMB or don't know what they are doing" hypothesis a greater likelihood - 50%.

This message has been brought to you by:

Multiple Hypothesis Testing - A Better Way to Speculate Your Ass Off.

He-man likes this.