ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

What is an ex scientologist?

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Emma, Aug 31, 2007.

View Users: View Users
  1. Auditor's Toad

Auditor's Toad Clear as Mud

Or one could ask what the mighty theta OT Hubbie did from the time Mayo audited him until the cremation.

Does it really make any difference whether it wa really Hubbie in the state he was or some two bit walk in ?

And, Jesus Christ, what would the difference be anyway?

2. Stat

Stat Gold Meritorious Patron

Stat.

3. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Crusader

caught up on the 'declared' thread. Oh I feel for you guy. You are too much of a sweetheart to be having this stress.

Love,

Hat

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  4. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket Gold Meritorious Patron

You become a Scientologist at the point you accept your free six-month membership. At least that's what it takes to get included in the stats of "the world's fastest-growing religion".

It's funny. If you've ever been a member of a suppressive group, that "taints" you forever in Scientology's eyes. No matter how tenuous that connection, they figure you must have some agreement with them.

But when they offered me my six-month free membership, and I said I wanted to know more about the organization before I joined, they thought it was strange that I would question it. It was free, so why don't I just join first and ask questions later?

Helena

5. EP - Ethics Particle

EP - Ethics Particle Gold Meritorious Patron

Good move!

Ah brevity! The soul of wit! :coolwink:

EP

6. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket Gold Meritorious Patron

The term Scientology (spelled "Scientologie") was coined by Dr. Anastasius Nordenholz, as published in his book in 1934.

Helena

7. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

EMMA
    "A lot of people find some good in the auditing tech of Scn, yet find the policies of disconnection, the RPF, overboarding, lower conditions, freeloader bills, baby watching, high security etc etc to be abberant Yet it was the same guy, the same author, the same source that came up with this stuff as came up with the "nice" stuff. So if you only pick & chose what bits of Scientology you use, you aren't really a Scientologist as per the founders own definition. Isn't that what "keeping Scientology Working" was all about?"

Hubbard also said that old outmoded policies that no longer forwarded purpose should be junked.

So some did just that.

8. Veda

Veda Sponsor

So they're actually being good Scientologists, and doing what Ron said to do after all.

:yes: :yes: :yes::yes::yes::yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes::yes::yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes::yes: :yes: :yes:

I won't complicate this by asking exactly what "purpose" is, per Ron.

Your floating needle might disappear...

9. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Exactly. he said look don't listen. :)

10. Veda

Veda Sponsor