ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

What the fuck is going on?

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Pooks, Apr 20, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

You don't cook with lemons?

:omg:

2. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

[video=youtube;MLhYghzNfII]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLhYghzNfII[/video]

3. The_Fixer

The_Fixer Class Clown

No, I think we suck 'em..... :coolwink:

4. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Who are the "certain people" you refer to? What is the ideology that has been expressed by them? You say that you are not referring to a particular person to label that particular person an extremist (my paraphrse), but you seem to be saying that you are referring to several? people that you are calling extremist.
    Is it not labelling when it is more than one person? If you are actually labelling more than one person, it could be argued that your label is accurate - but all you have offered is something to the effect that is your impression. Enjoy the fighting or not, but leave out the BS.

5. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

The ideology I am referring to is that nobody has a right to practice any form of Scientology, which I consider one extreme end of the spectrum as opposed to the other extreme which would say that nobody has a right not to practice some form of Scientology as promoted by ABLE and WISE. The moderate ideology would say that people have a right to choose for themselves. It is what it is. I was speaking generally about the principle. Whomever the shoe fits can wear it or not. I was expressing my opinion of that point of view - that it is extreme and something propounded by extremists. Moderates are live and let live. That's why people find them easier to get on with and like them better than fundamentalists or zealots.

Thanks for the advice, but for someone bullied most of my life I'll be damned if I'll stand by and watch it happen to others. My friend did not start this - did not want it nor ask for it, and has been chased across more than two boards. So I'll say what I like.

6. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Is there any part of scientology which you would exclude from your "live and let live" moderate approach?

BTW, I think there may be some who would love to see scientology taken down completely and who try to contribute to that happening, who do not see it as something that will be, or should be enforced by law. They would just love it if scientology was so fucked up they couldn't function. About Karen, I don't care too much what she does as long as she doesn't harm anyone, just like any other citizen, cultie or not. I don't get on her case. i don't know if she still supports LRH. But I am curious about that. Anyone who supports that fucking madman is supporting Mankind's Greatest Bully. If she does, there's nothing I can do about it. But (if she does) it is pretty freaky. Karen can deal with PR though. She's an expert.

7. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

I would like to see Scientology taken down completely by education and information and enlightenment and free choice, not by force and a nanny state. I certainly heartily enjoy any misfortune that befalls Scientology. If the Indies hung up their shingles I would not be sorry at all. I certainly contribute what I can when the opportunity presents itself.

I have contributed money to Sparrow, Debbie Cook, the Headleys, Warrior, Knowledge Report, the Underground Bunker and ESMB, which has been quite hard on Austudy. I have protested twice in Sydney and twice in Canberra. I went to Parliament House to speak to my Members of Parliament and also the CIFs conference which I invited my MP and Senator to. My Senator, who I know quite well personally, did show up to one session of the CIFs conference. I have also raised the fact that I think there need to be changes to the Privacy Act to encompass my personal information held by Scientology forever. I raised this with the Parliamentarians as well. I spend a lot of time on this board, usually challenging people like Dilpickle who come here to praise Scientology "technology". I do what I can with what I have.

Considering I have six children, three of whom are dependent, including one with severe disabilities, that I am also a grandmother and studying at university, that I am trying to manage attention deficit issues and anxiety without drugs, that my whole future is uncertain and my world is in chaos, I think I'm doing ok with what I have. After three years I'm still trying to get my divorce settlement, unravel past traumas in therapy, enable my child to communicate, attend mediation concerning the welfare of my kids, change the special education system in the ACT and have been trying to juggle a long-distance relationship. I also have other interests and causes to support.

Most of what I really object to about Scientology has already been criminalised or made an offence. So I would obviously decry locking people in rooms for example, which is also against the law, I believe. I'm sure there are plenty of good suggestions for law reform such as the recent Australian anti-slavery changes concerning indentured servitude. These stop the worst kinds of abuses without affecting the average rank and file auditor where no damage can be shown to have occurred to their clients, and their clients are satisfied with the service.

Nick Xenophon has constantly said that it's about how people behave not what people believe, and I strongly agree. My experience of auditing was that it was not harmful to me - certainly nothing compared with the warping of the mind that I was exposed to in our "Christian" household. I would not want to do it, but if others do I don't see a problem - certainly not more of a problem than telling me the world was going to end every two seconds.

The moderate approach of live and let live already excludes anything illegal and allows legislation to be proposed, consulted on, debated, amended and passed if something is so demonstrably harmful, whether practiced by Scientology or any other individual or group, that it requires further legislation. When to legislate or not is always a fine line we walk in any society. That balance will never be perfect. Yet the freer the society is the happier and more prosperous its people tend to be. Just because it's moderate doesn't mean it is impotent.

If "taking down Scientology completely" means tearing into those who practice it or abridging their civil and political rights, then I think you would have a case of the "brilliant cure but we lost the patient".

8. Auditor's Toad

Auditor's Toad Clear as Mud

Long before I ever heard of scientology I firmly believed if one could resolve all the conflicts among all the people of the world that the next morning at sunrise the meat eaters & vegetarians would chose up sides & go at each other - and I've seen no reason yet to change that opinion.

Squabbling, factions, shifting friendships, critics, flame wars, spelling police, & - Gawd forbid - thought police abound on most every board there ever has been - or most likely ever will be.

The one constant ? The thankless job of being a moderator who with almost every decision pisses off some friend of theirs. One hard hard job to be a moderator ..... that must be a labor of love for board itself. ( And I've pissed off more than a few mods on more than a few boards - this is not a kiss up but just the facts, they got a tough job).

If I had a wish it would be that X's went to some other boards - like gardenering & such - and see the passion people can put into when to water a tomato or how long to bake bread or at what temperature !
    And, Oh Lord, don't even get into what is the best water to make coffee with !

ESMB was a great creation. The success of ESMB has attracted a wide variety of people.
    Folks, this place is something to rejoice about instead of concentrating on the spats that sometimes blowup big before they peter out. Dogpile city until the firehoses show up !

And some wonderful people posting have fallen off along the way ? Yep. Always have & always will - so let's attract some more great people !

No, we ain't got no perfection, but, WTF, we ain't perfect either.

:: back to lurk mode ::

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  9. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

Don't lurk! It's so nice to see you posting again.

10. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

:bighug:

11. Caroline

Caroline Patron Meritorious

FTS did fix her question, which I appreciated. Anyone can see that her original question would have been inappropriate to answer. I explained this to Feral. Yet you interpret my effort as "lecturing" and my attitude as "condescension." That's unfair and insulting. I'm trying to be exact. Who are the plebs you're talking about? Why do you disparage people here as plebs? I'm not addressing plebs.

12. Plebe don't make fun of my libp, my libp, libp...beach impediment!

The Anabaptist Jacques

13. Adiren

Adiren Patron

I'm glad it is not an impeachment.

14. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

That's the problem... too many interpretations and resulting misunderstandings when it is used.

OG, as Anonycat stated, is how it was used in scientology criticdom for many years until the Chanology protested got underway and then some anonymous Anons began using it derogatorily on enturb.org and wwp, like OG's were old, outdated conservative veterans of the past. A form of criticism.

15. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

......and usually followed by the word "drama".

I can't imagine why. :eyeroll:

16. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Not to forget Drama Queens, either; the highest level of OT available in wogdom at this time. :)

17. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

You speak of the so-called "Tory Drama" in which 2 anons thought it would be a funny troll and announce an attack on the OG, starting with Tory. The two anons who started this were confronted and stopped. They are both history now.

I stand by my post that OG are those who came before Anonymous/Project Chanology.

18. PirateAndBum

PirateAndBum Gold Meritorious Patron

I wouldn't say that Caroline is extremest. I think she's got a valid issue when it comes to the issue of scilon "ethics" (aka SP doctrine).

While the indy scilons are few, their numbers are slowly growing and will continue to grow as more bale out of DM's orgs. At present there are very few indy orgs. That does not mean that more and larger orgs won't come into existence. Given the devotion of Hubbard's followers it is not unreasonable to be concerned that they will continue in their ways - declaring and persecuting "SPs". Clearly this mindset is not absent in indyland.

19. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

Well I do not read what Caroline is saying and if you look at my post you will see I was discussing a particular issue - i.e. some people telling others what they can and can't do and whether they have or have not been hurt. I consider that an extremist position and whoever takes that position I would consider extremist on that issue. So as I said, if the shoe fits. I have no idea as I have her on ignore.

20. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster