What's new

What went on in the Cadet Org?

RamsBlue

Patron
Kids are just "thetans in little bodies", so alot of bad behaviour was overlooked. And when I say bad behaviour, I mean smoking, drinking, sexual perversion, petty crime, arson, etc.

I was in the cadet org at Melrose, and when we bought the Complex, those of us old enough where assigned to help with reno's there. Man, there was some spooky places at the Complex right after we got it, I strongly remember the morgue and some adults talking about thetans that were still hanging around the area. I was about 9, so it left quite an impression.

I wasn't "in" the cadet org when it moved to fountain, but was ordered to start a new school program that was started (because of some legal flaps). Basically, all the teenagers were supposed to start going to class, but attendance was spotty at best due to stress and pressure from the org. If you actually wanted to go to class, you were tacitly viewed as off-purpose and out-ethics.

I'll tell you though, the CEO was totally fuckin degraded. The smell, the filth, the rampant out-ethics of the kids, the church really had no option but to shut the place down. Well, I guess they could have actually run the place decently, but since that was never going to happen, shutting it down was the only workable solution. So around that time is when we saw the final nail driven into the coffin of "families" in the SO. An order was issued that basically said if you have a kid, you're a piece of shit and we are sending you to a CLV org.

As I think about all that, I can't help but shake my head and wonder if anybody still left there sees that the org totally supresses your 1D, your 2D and that this flies right into the face of KSW! I mean the old man says right in the Prime Directive that any group that pushes only the 3D while foresaking 1D/2D is aberrated! I guess this is just another in a long list of ironies.

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron
Kids are just "thetans in little bodies", so alot of bad behaviour was overlooked. And when I say bad behaviour, I mean smoking, drinking, sexual perversion, petty crime, arson, etc.

I was in the cadet org at Melrose, and when we bought the Complex, those of us old enough where assigned to help with reno's there. Man, there was some spooky places at the Complex right after we got it, I strongly remember the morgue and some adults talking about thetans that were still hanging around the area. I was about 9, so it left quite an impression.

I wasn't "in" the cadet org when it moved to fountain, but was ordered to start a new school program that was started (because of some legal flaps). Basically, all the teenagers were supposed to start going to class, but attendance was spotty at best due to stress and pressure from the org. If you actually wanted to go to class, you were tacitly viewed as off-purpose and out-ethics.

I'll tell you though, the CEO was totally fuckin degraded. The smell, the filth, the rampant out-ethics of the kids, the church really had no option but to shut the place down. Well, I guess they could have actually run the place decently, but since that was never going to happen, shutting it down was the only workable solution. So around that time is when we saw the final nail driven into the coffin of "families" in the SO. An order was issued that basically said if you have a kid, you're a piece of shit and we are sending you to a CLV org.

As I think about all that, I can't help but shake my head and wonder if anybody still left there sees that the org totally supresses your 1D, your 2D and that this flies right into the face of KSW! I mean the old man says right in the Prime Directive that any group that pushes only the 3D while foresaking 1D/2D is aberrated! I guess this is just another in a long list of ironies.

I was non-Sea Org Class IV/V Org staff in the PAC area at the time to which you refer -- worked on renos of the hospital complex, etc., and please don't anyone try to tell me that people were "unaware" of conditions in the Cadet Org and SO childcare facilities (whatever they were called).

Any SO member with a child or who knew anyone with a child knew about this. Non-SO staff knew about this. PUBLIC knew about this. One of my close friends, a Public on lines doing auditor training and sometimes volunteering at our org, lived near the Big Blue Complex and was appalled by the situation regarding the SO kids, and tried to do something about it by creating a "safe space" in her apartment for some of these kids (the ones who were old enough to be running the streets, which would be later pre-teens and teenagers).

One boy she knew was surviving by selling sexual favors TO AN ADULT MALE SO MEMBER. A girl I came to know better later was simply abandoned to the L.A. streets when her mother joined the SO and the girl didn't follow. My friend opened her home to the kids, and wrote reports and wrote reports and the situation continued, RIGHT IN PLAIN SIGHT of all scientologists who were at the Big Blue Complex for any reason. It was so obvious that IMO anyone who claims they didn't know about has to have been deliberately looking the other way.

The situation was ignored, justified, people "looked the other way" and BLAMED THE CHILDREN for being "out ethics" or being "degraded beings."

I became pregnant during this time, and faced with the dilemma of how to continue on staff and care for my child (as a single parent -- the daddy had made it clear he had no interest and no help to offer) I was advised to join the Sea Org and put my child in the Cadet Org.

No thanks.

I left staff, paid my debt and stayed on lines for a little while afterward, then gradually drifted away completely. I am no longer a "scientologist," and my child (now a responsible and compassionated adult and parent full of zest for living) never was a scientologist.

Since that time I've known other "scientology kids" who were abandoned, neglected, and imo abused by their "scientology parents" and when these kids grew up and got into any kind of trouble (and many of them did -- petty crime, drugs, etc.) ALWAYS the CHILDREN were blamed, NEVER the irresponsible parent or the "church."

I don't really blame the "church" either -- I blame the irresponsible parents who chose the "church" and their own selfish need for "the Bridge" or their ambitions for "status" within the "church" over their children's well-being. Except for those who were born into it and knew no other way, the "church" after all is only a collection of individuals who chose to be there.

You see this same behavior in "wog" parents who are hooked on drugs or partying or are desperate to hold onto their fading youth or for whatever reason are just too self-absorbed to take up their responsibilities for the children they brought into the world.

Reading the stories of the children who were born into this madness and somehow, after all that insanity, found their way out is at the same time both heartbreaking and amazingly inspiring. I am awed by the stories of people like Bea Kiddo and others who were born into this cult. Such stories renew my faith in the human spirit and give me great hope for others who will find their way out. I grieve for those who were too damaged to make it through.

I really don't give a flying f what adults choose do to and with their own bodies or their own minds -- follow any path of "salvation" that helps you or amuses you, have a ball, whatever floats your boat.

But more than anything, what has turned me completely away from "scientology" in all its forms is seeing first hand the direct affect on children of its adherents. Even those children brought up in clean homes, with money, etc. have the "mind fuck" laid on them by parents who position themselves as "executives" rather than "parents" and dole out their "love" based on the child's "stats" and "conditions."

Subjecting children to this insanity is imo not much different than giving toddlers alcohol, marijuana or meth or using them as sexual toys and then saying "but they liked it, they wanted it."

One of those "scientology kids" grew up to be crazy David Miscavige who now runs the "church" while "the followers" still look the other way and congratulate themselves on their superiority over those who are "not yet" scientologists.

My rant for the day.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
I was non-Sea Org Class IV/V Org staff in the PAC area at the time to which you refer -- worked on renos of the hospital complex, etc., and please don't anyone try to tell me that people were "unaware" of conditions in the Cadet Org and SO childcare facilities (whatever they were called).

Any SO member with a child or who knew anyone with a child knew about this. Non-SO staff knew about this. PUBLIC knew about this. One of my close friends, a Public on lines doing auditor training and sometimes volunteering at our org, lived near the Big Blue Complex and was appalled by the situation regarding the SO kids, and tried to do something about it by creating a "safe space" in her apartment for some of these kids (the ones who were old enough to be running the streets, which would be later pre-teens and teenagers).

One boy she knew was surviving by selling sexual favors TO AN ADULT MALE SO MEMBER. A girl I came to know better later was simply abandoned to the L.A. streets when her mother joined the SO and the girl didn't follow. My friend opened her home to the kids, and wrote reports and wrote reports and the situation continued, RIGHT IN PLAIN SIGHT of all scientologists who were at the Big Blue Complex for any reason. It was so obvious that IMO anyone who claims they didn't know about has to have been deliberately looking the other way.

The situation was ignored, justified, people "looked the other way" and BLAMED THE CHILDREN for being "out ethics" or being "degraded beings."

I became pregnant during this time, and faced with the dilemma of how to continue on staff and care for my child (as a single parent -- the daddy had made it clear he had no interest and no help to offer) I was advised to join the Sea Org and put my child in the Cadet Org.

No thanks.

I left staff, paid my debt and stayed on lines for a little while afterward, then gradually drifted away completely. I am no longer a "scientologist," and my child (now a responsible and compassionated adult and parent full of zest for living) never was a scientologist.

Since that time I've known other "scientology kids" who were abandoned, neglected, and imo abused by their "scientology parents" and when these kids grew up and got into any kind of trouble (and many of them did -- petty crime, drugs, etc.) ALWAYS the CHILDREN were blamed, NEVER the irresponsible parent or the "church."

I don't really blame the "church" either -- I blame the irresponsible parents who chose the "church" and their own selfish need for "the Bridge" or their ambitions for "status" within the "church" over their children's well-being. Except for those who were born into it and knew no other way, the "church" after all is only a collection of individuals who chose to be there.

You see this same behavior in "wog" parents who are hooked on drugs or partying or are desperate to hold onto their fading youth or for whatever reason are just too self-absorbed to take up their responsibilities for the children they brought into the world.

Reading the stories of the children who were born into this madness and somehow, after all that insanity, found their way out is at the same time both heartbreaking and amazingly inspiring. I am awed by the stories of people like Bea Kiddo and others who were born into this cult. Such stories renew my faith in the human spirit and give me great hope for others who will find their way out. I grieve for those who were too damaged to make it through.

I really don't give a flying f what adults choose do to and with their own bodies or their own minds -- follow any path of "salvation" that helps you or amuses you, have a ball, whatever floats your boat.

But more than anything, what has turned me completely away from "scientology" in all its forms is seeing first hand the direct affect on children of its adherents. Even those children brought up in clean homes, with money, etc. have the "mind fuck" laid on them by parents who position themselves as "executives" rather than "parents" and dole out their "love" based on the child's "stats" and "conditions."

Subjecting children to this insanity is imo not much different than giving toddlers alcohol, marijuana or meth or using them as sexual toys and then saying "but they liked it, they wanted it."

One of those "scientology kids" grew up to be crazy David Miscavige who now runs the "church" while "the followers" still look the other way and congratulate themselves on their superiority over those who are "not yet" scientologists.

My rant for the day.

Thank you, Olska, for exposing more about the child care in the SO. :yes:

pomfritz

Patron with Honors
The "products" of the cadet org were a real eye opener for me when I first joined. Big "WTF's?" going through my head. It was impossible to justify or make up some excuse as to why so many of these young adults were illiterate and under achievers.

So many reality adjustments took place upon joining.

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS

No thanks.

My rant for the day.

Excellent rant! Thanks very much!

Patty

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Bea,

I'm very sorry.

My recalls are very vague. :confused2:

I was managing about 8 toddlers in diapers, one of whom was Nicole Simms' daughter, IIRC.

Some of them had unusual names, as I recollect, so maybe.

The Sneakster

Nicole Sims didn't have any daughters. She had 2 sons.

Enid Byrne, another top AOLA reg, had one daughter, Rachel.

Renee Duszak, Nicole's sister, who was AOLA staff at the time also, had 3 daughters.

Could you be thinking of one of these other people?

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

No thanks.

My rant for the day.

Great post, Olska. And so very, very true.

duddins

Patron Meritorious
More food for thought on this thread. At one end is the mess that was the Cadet Org....at the other end of the spectrum is the ideal scene considered by the SO.

A few days ago, Warrior sent me a copy of Aides Order 203-71 "Pac Cadet Org / Cadet Estates Org Establishment Eval", written August 28, 1981 by Larry Price as a result of the observations made on this PAC scene back in 81.

Aides Order 203-71 clearly states the ideal scene in Sea Org terms.

This link gives an excerpt. http://warrior.xenu.ca/1996-0917b.html

If anyone wants a full copy, please PM me for info on this.

The extreme arrogance.....I mean an exponential degree of arrogance...is present in this order. This is the face of the Sea Org that I do not miss. It was a 'face' I sometimes wore. For this I do not judge the missionaire.

It is likely that the missionaire that made the observation was not a parent. It
would have been more optimum to NOT have a parent involoved with this
observation mission. If a parent were involved, some "reasonable" ideas about
the HATs of the cadets and their parents could have been injected
into this "on-policy" "unreasonable" look at the PAC CADET ORG.

The cold and bleak ideas about the 'relationships' between parents
and their children that are either clearly stated in this Aides
Order, OR that can be read between the lines..speaks volumes.

Earlier on, there was a posting from Zoe Woodcraft giving a detailed
description of her life as a child in the INT Cadet Org.

Here is the link to this posting:
http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=23536

This experience occurred at a later date, and represented a situation that was much closer to the ideal stated in this Aides Order.

While reading this woman's decription, I could not help being
reminded of the Hitler Youth. The uniforms, the indocrination of the
ideologies, the separation from paternal and maternal influences.
The pictures of the 'leader' being the only wall decor, the group
dynamic being placed before family...taught to the children, with the
purpose of building the future perfect arian society.

Read up on Hitler's Youth (Hitlerjugend), the similarities are eye
opening.

Clearly it was not the same throughout the SO..and the PAC area Cadet
Org at that time was a failure. But Aides Order 203-71 expresses the
goals and ideologies.

The order reveals the lack of control and the situation that my
brother, Bea, and many other's found themselves in, which was deplorable. But, I am so thankful that the Sea Org Execs did not reach their version of the ideal scene in PAC.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Nicole Simms had two sons: Ian Piers and Zeb Sims.

Nicoles sister had two daughters: Arisia and Thora Magnusson.

My memory sucks too. But I remember them.

Nicole's sister Rene had 3 daughters. Arisia and Thora were from her first marriage. She had a third daughter from her marriage to Larry Trujillo. Her name was Noelle.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I find it quite chilling how children can be seen almost as a different species. Goodness - we were all children once!

For Ron, children were 'the enemy'. After all; why would an 'eternal being' need children? Especially ones that weren't exact duplicats of Him (with all His 'beingness')?

It's not just Ron. Our society itself is facing the problem of why would we need to add children to the crowd if nobody's gonna get old?

Class warfare has been being supplanted by 'age warfare' in the US since the 60s, and, now I'm on the *other* side :)

Zinj

duddins

Patron Meritorious
I find it quite chilling how children can be seen almost as a different species. Goodness - we were all children once!

With all of the information that has been coming at me about the SO and children in general, I have reached the conclusion that LRH saw kids as a potential future for his new world order of Scientologists. But, the whole idea never flew because it just took too much effort and money to care for children. It was never important enough to remain a priority.

Child rearing is a very expensive endeavor; expense of money, time, and attention. (Do I have reality on that now or what, after raising four???!!!)

They indocrinated, they tried to control, they wrote and executed little projects here and there to correct the scene, but finally, the whole concept of cadets didnt fly. The kids grew up and were not impressed.

So, after years of child abuse, criminal neglect, criminal endangerment, lice, filth, "bad PR", and all of the above.....when it didnt work to blame the parents anymore, they just cancelled the whole lot.

Nevermind! (says Rosanna Rosanna Danna!)

"OKAY,,,,,,,,,no kids,,,,,,,,,,,lets just get rid of all the kids.. Too much trouble,,,,,,,,Too much money,,,,,,Too much time,,,,,Too much effort. We have a planet to clear! NO MORE KIDS!"

So that was the end of it,,,,

,,,,but I like to see the cup half full.

Think about all of the children that will not be exposed to the kind of criminal neglect brought out in this thread.

A blessing in a wretched package.

dolphinlover

glad to find this site

Do any of you remember the private home scientology child care center, open 24 hours a day at a house in los feliz and later off santa monica blvd.? The home childcare was run by Stan and Carolyn Miller? Miller Child Care Center ?

My Mom was in the SO around 1977-1978 she was assigned to renovations of the lebanon hospital building before it was fully completed and before they painted it blue.

At that time I was 6 1/2 and my infant sister was about 4 months old. I am fairly certain my sister and I lived in the melrose building and my mother was in another building,(dont remember where) with dorm style rooms for the adult women. (she snuck me into her room a few times to sleep with her).

I lived at the Fountain building briefly, but that was before George's general store was open. My memories of back then are distant and vague...

Whoa, I knew Seth and many of the others kids you named...

Wow, now all of this makes me want to write my story and post it here.
thanks,
Amy; ALK

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
After 1978 CEO was moved over to the building next to CCI. It was the building that was where the outdoor glass building is now. On the corner. It was fenced off for years and I believe was an old school.
The workings of CEO was a bit different than the Cadet Orgs was.
Kids were picked up from 10:30-1am or later and then returned early the next morning.

duddins

Patron Meritorious
Welcome Dolphinlover! I am so glad that you are here and that our memories are helping you to sort out the past. I am looking forward to reading your story....when you are ready of course!
:flowers2: