ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

What went on in the Cadet Org?

Discussion in 'Staff "War Stories"' started by duddins, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

Jason Radstrom?

Was he the son or relative of one Ron Radstrom?

2. Challenge

Challenge Silver Meritorious Patron

Olska, what you say is true. I was in the PAC area, as a "Public", and a Pro Scn'ist". I knew about it. My friend, Millie, and I sometimes went to that hellhole on Melrose and gotpermission to take some of the kids to a park. Someplace with grass. At Melrose, there was only concrete. I lived in a big house with my friend, her husband and 5 children. In addition to their 5, she had a few Scn children in residence with us. Ali and Justin were 2 that I knew well.
    I audited some of the parents of the children at the CCLA Cadet Org. The parents were generally out-ruds on their kids. The kids that were about 10 and up were just loose and running the streets of Hollywood. They were into casual sex, sex for money, stealing, and drugs. It never entered the minds of these parents that their children were "acting out" because of feelings of abandonment, hopelessness, and boredom.
    As a "public" I was/am as guilty as the next as far as putting Scn above the needs of my 2 kids. I justified it by thinking " They are in the finest schools that money can buy, and they are getting the finest education available". I would place them in Private schools while I did some Course or another service. I did and do not have the "normal" love for children that one is 'supposed to' have. As a result of that, one of them has told me that '"I am happier without you in my life", and has disconnected from me. That one is, of course, a Scn'ist.

Chlng

3. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

I found myself vigourously nodding with every sentence you wrote, olska! I wish I could rant like that.....

4. olska

olska Silver Meritorious Patron

Yes, I remember them. They cared for my son starting when he was about age one, and continued for several years, while I worked full time, until he was pre-school age. After that, he sometimes went to "Stan and Carolyn's" if I had to work on weekends or just wanted a break.

Mostly, he liked it there and I felt he was given pretty good care. When he got older he was bored there, but that had little to do with them, more with his "outgrowing" that environment. I thought they were good people and I had no complaints. I liked both Stan and Carolyn and despite the fact that they were 'way over the limit in number of kids, I liked the way they cared for the kids.

Stan always had interesting "projects" for them -- I remember a garden in the front yard, lots of great toys that a single parent would never be able to provide, Sesame street on TV always on, and so forth. If my son had shown any "bad indicators," I would have taken him out of there; but he seemed happy, healthy, and bright while in their care.

I was no longer actively on lines doing scn services, but at that time still considered myself to be a "scientologist". I worked a lot of overtime hours, sometimes night shift hours, and was grateful for the "24 hour" service.

At the time it was important to me that they were "scientologists," but looking back from now, what I most liked about them was simply that they were imo really good people who cared about the well-being of the kids. I also appreciated the fact that there was a MAN (Stan) around most of the time, as I was a single mom and there was no "father" in my son's life.

So apparently you were one of their children? My son turns 30 this year; you mentioned on another thread that you are a few years older. I'm sorry but I really don't remember their children (I was too focused on my own concerns), though I've likely had (short) real-life conversations with you when my son and I were coming and going from their place.

I know that Carolyn was drifting away from scientology around the same time as I was -- she once invited me to a meeting of some people involved in another practice, it didn't ring any bells for me, my son had outgrown their service, and while I liked both Carolyn and Stan it was mostly a "business" relationship rather than a friendship. I've since lost touch with them along with most of the people I knew from that time -- moved on, made new friends in the "wog" world.

If you don't mind, please share with me (by PM if you'd rather it not be public) what became of them. While my experience with them was mostly positive, if yours was not, I assure you I have no need to "take sides" -- I'd just be interested to know where the last 20 years have taken them. And if I can fill in any details of that time period seen through adult eyes, I'd be happy to do that for you.

o

5. Wirestripper

Wirestripper Patron with Honors

Ok. Now, I hope most of you will recognize by my posts that a) I have no shame in calling it how I see it, and b) have no love whatsoever for most PAC robots <may they be raped to death by barrel cacti filled with fire ants and blowfly maggots>

But I knew the great majority of those cadets, and read most of their ethics files...and not once did I ever see mention of a boy selling himself to an SO member for cash or favors....

And seriously, either the kid was dumber than a sack full of cracked bricks (not a stretch for a few) or the SO member was paid waaaay more than
    he should have been!

I mean....come on! at $40 a week after social security and workers comp, he would have had to pick up the most diseased, unattractive immigrant street walker in Compton to stay within his budget. (if he could even afford transport out there!)

So, please expound!

6. olska

The children my friend sheltered and tried to help were not in the "Cadet Org," they were running the streets and trying to survive on their own after being abandoned by their parents who were too obsessed with "doing scientology" to look after them.

Since no one was paying much attention to them (except to blame them for their condition), they would not have been "on org lines" getting services or ethics handling. Therefore, they would not have had "ethics files," which is why you wouldn't have seen their ethics files.

Remember the most difficult "outpoint" to spot -- the "omitted datum"?

I have no facts about the Sea Org member's finances, but you should know that there were lots of Sea Org members with sources of income other than their staff pay, as has been reported by EX Sea Org members on this forum as well as other places where their stories are made public.

Hope that clarifies the matter for you.

7. dolphinlover

dolphinlover New Member

My Parents' Stan and Carolyn 24/7 childcare

Hi Olska, wow I will for sure talk to you on PM when I have more time. I have only recently found this website and one for Exkids. I am finally beginning to put some pieces together. Sadly, my story is very long and not easy to tell. For now I will say that growing up living in a 24/7 overcrowded childcare center is WAY different than attending/ going to be cared for.

As I put things together in my mind I will PM you.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement. This website is wonderful.

8. dolphinlover

dolphinlover New Member

Yeah, I remember being a teenager about 14-16yrs old and "volunteering" at ASHO doing filing and running errands etc... There were maybe three SeaO members who paid me cash or other exchange for sexual favors. At the time I thought it was a perfectly good and reasonable exchange and never even questioned it.

Just my memory for the day.
    Amy

9. olska

No doubt. All of us who went along with that situation were caught up the cult madness at the time -- not an excuse, just a fact.

Great! I sent you a PM -- looking forward to hearing from you, no rush, no pressure.

There is no excuse for the hearbreaking and shameful things we adults allowed to happen to our children while we were so caught up in the cult that we tolerated such insanity.

10. Lermanet_com

Lermanet_com Gold Meritorious Patron

This is a scan at 200 dpi of a color copy of 4 color photos from the cadet Org Ranch School outside of LA in the 70's...

I had not looked at this file in years and found it is starting to fade to blue, so Im uploading it so that you guys might find your images before what I have fades away...

There is a long report from the CO of the cadet org here too, typewritten... but I do not have permission to publish and have lost track of her.

All these kids are old farts now...so there should be no problem putting them on the net.

And who doesnt like to see what they looked like way back when....

more to follow

[​IMG]

warmest regards
    arnie lerma
    Lermanet.com Exposing the CON
    WE COME BACK
    for our friends and family
    to get them OUT before they
    end up here:
    whyaretheydead.net

Please save this image, the originals are fading fast

11. Lermanet_com

[​IMG]

warmest regards
    arnie lerma
    WE COME BACK
    end up here:
    whyaretheydead.net

12. Lermanet_com

here are a list of names of the kids that could be remembered as being there at this time

Maggie Traux
    Carli McShane
    Alex jentzsch
    Neil Olsen
    Cedar Guthrie
    Kriti Bettendorf
    Marie Bettendorf
    andrea phillips
    chris proffitt
    brittany garrett
    michael garrett
    ryan louglin
    chris colon
    max
    tara harris
    angela polin

helen mills
    richard kemp
    claire prefontie
    mickey sarhovich
    justina
    salina
    darrin palsasey
    william denterfield
    dillon ernisee
    samantha whitmore
    john harder
    andy harder
    spring melody knapp
    QC Strom
    Ian barr
    amber jones
    jeremy mulky
    erin woodruff
    elizabeth cohee
    Diamond Barr
    Ellise norton
    john nelson
    alex schwartz
    sarah prefontie
    sandy krushka

13. Lermanet_com

[​IMG]

warmest regards
    arnie lerma
    WE COME BACK
    end up here:
    whyaretheydead.net

14. duddins

duddins Patron Meritorious

OMG Arnie. Those Pics are haunting.

15. duddins

duddins Patron Meritorious

Does anyone remember my little brother, Danny OConnell? He would have been around 11 yrs old in 1978. He stayed at the Wilcox, and later the Cadet Org on Fountain Ave. He was in for around 3 years. Blond hair, blue eyes, and a pug nose.

I would be tickled to meet someone who could give another perspective to our story.

16. GreyLensman

GreyLensman Silver Meritorious Patron

I remember gangs of kids, unsupervised, out of control. I didn't realize it never got handled and was an ongoing situation.

An inverted second dynamic, for sure. I'm so glad this isn't the scene there now.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  17. dolphinlover

dolphinlover New Member

Infants at melrose & Fountain 1977-1979

Does anyone here remember more about the Melrose building for SO kids? I would like to read anything someone remembers. My infant sister was in the Nursery ward and I used to sneak up to the nursery room and visit her when she was about 4 months old. The baby Nanny never seemed to mind but whenever I was caught by My own Nanny, I would get assigned lower conditions/mest work. I was 6 years old.

Thanks for anything anyone can provide.

18. exnanny

exnanny New Member

I took those photos and sent them about 15 years ago (1994). They were taken at the CEO which was next to the Franklin Manor. The year was about 1985. These children were in the Preschool Division.

Hope this helps with the information of the pictures. Some of the children. I still remember their names. I have personally moved on, but I goggled my daughter's name and found her name on this site. She was a young baby at the time.

19. EP - Ethics Particle

EP - Ethics Particle Gold Meritorious Patron

Welcome, and...

Thank you and please stay - you are much needed and wanted here. :yes:

EP

20. AnonKat

AnonKat Crusader

we would buy child labor from the Cadet Organization.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/20...v-church-of-scientology-et-al/#comment-109715