What's new

Where is Shelly Miscavige?

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Finally had some time to read some more on "Where Is David Miscavige's Wife?"

I feel somewhat dumb. I didn't even know she had not been seen in years until I protested with AnonSParrow a few weeks ago in Montreal. He was calling out, 'Where is Shelly Miscavige?" I asked him what he was talking about and he told me.

As each day, week, and month passes, I am bewildered what this cult is capable of and what they do!

I know just how you feel. After 16 years in Scn including time in the SO at Flag, LRH Archives base at Twin Peaks, Int base, SH UK, and Pac I thought I had seen pretty much everything in Scn. Many years later I got on the internet and was shocked and dumbfounded by what I was reading. It was so much worse than it was 20 years ago, and so much worse when you hear other peoples stories and realize the crazy shit you saw or experienced were not isolated incidents instigated by some batshit crazy individual who didn't have a clue what they were supposed to be doing. Rather, it was all part of the overall plan of how Scientology was set up to run. And the same stuff was happening all over the world. I was stuck into the computer for about 2 years before I really got a handle on the enormity of the con and the extent of the abuses.

You haven't been here all that long so I suspect you will be finding out quite a bit more.

Good to see you are protesting! More exes should get out there, IMO.

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Having been instructed by Hubbard himself, Miscavige probably feels that he can't be touched by the law. And to an extent, that has been true.

I wonder about the death of his mother-in-law, Flo Barnett. Her "suicide" involved three rifle shots to the torso and one to the head. Presumably the head shot was the fatal one, although we're supposed to believe that a small woman with several gunshot wounds was strong enough to continue to operate a rifle, until she finished the job. Coincidentally, she decided to "commit suicide" just after she had threatened legal proceedings against the Scientology cult.

Until the critics and a few brave journalists started asking awkward questions, Scientology got away with an awful lot of things. Maybe more than we know about, even now.

I hope Shelley Miscavige is alive. Somehow, though, I doubt it.

Good twin

Floater
Having been instructed by Hubbard himself, Miscavige probably feels that he can't be touched by the law. And to an extent, that has been true.

I wonder about the death of his mother-in-law, Flo Barnett. Her "suicide" involved three rifle shots to the torso and one to the head. Presumably the head shot was the fatal one, although we're supposed to believe that a small woman with several gunshot wounds was strong enough to continue to operate a rifle, until she finished the job. Coincidentally, she decided to "commit suicide" just after she had threatened legal proceedings against the Scientology cult.

Until the critics and a few brave journalists started asking awkward questions, Scientology got away with an awful lot of things. Maybe more than we know about, even now.

This stuff is just crazy. If we could get SOMEONE to just concentrate on this one incident (Flo Barnett's "suicide") I wouldn't be surprised if a whole house of cards would collapse. How does law enforcement justify the discrepancies in this case? :confused2:

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Maybe when the missing persons list is longer than the members and staff list then somebody will notice something is amiss?

Last edited:

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
This stuff is just crazy. If we could get SOMEONE to just concentrate on this one incident (Flo Barnett's "suicide") I wouldn't be surprised if a whole house of cards would collapse. How does law enforcement justify the discrepancies in this case? :confused2:

I agree. This case is always on my mind.

TP

Intelligence

Silver Meritorious Patron
That was my first thought. How is a person able to shoot themselves THREE times with a Rifle? Once, yes; twice, difficult; but three times, not likely. Especially with a rifle. What type of rifle?

Freeminds

More on 'Flo'

I believe that standard doctrine for police and the military is to fire a "double tap" (two shots) to the torso, before looking for another target. This is based on the idea that two shots, on target, will do sufficient damage to neutralize any threat. Even if those two shots don't kill, the wounds rob the target of sufficient strength to raise a gun.

The idea that 'Flo' was able to fire the rifle again after three shots to the chest... well I'd like to know how.

Based on a quick study of the coroner's report, found at www.whyaretheydead.info and assuming this is genuine, I have some pretty natural questions.

The husband is reported to have heard a shot, and run into the bedroom... yet Flo Barnett apparently had time to shoot herself three more times? He "found the decedent on the bed, a rifle still in her hand" ... but (with apologies for the gruesome detail) it's far more simple, when shooting oneself in the head, to press a rifle's trigger with the thumb. Holding a rifle normally makes it almost impossible to point it at your own head. Significantly, why did detectives recover five empty cartridges from the scene, when 'Flo' suffered four gunshot wounds?

Why did the three gunshot wounds in the chest make smaller holes than the one in the head? (Since all wounds were through-and-through, we have no certain way of knowing that they were made with the same caliber of ammunition... which is to say, with the same gun. Do we? I don't know, since I'm not a pathologist, but I'd like to see this question answered.)

Finally, why is it that gunpowder residue is only reported at the site of the head wound, and not the ones in the torso? Well... I can only think of one reason for that: that the muzzle of the rifle was at least several feet away when it was fired into the victim's chest.

I'm horrified by the conclusions I have to draw from this.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
I believe that standard doctrine for police and the military is to fire a "double tap" (two shots) to the torso, before looking for another target. This is based on the idea that two shots, on target, will do sufficient damage to neutralize any threat. Even if those two shots don't kill, the wounds rob the target of sufficient strength to raise a gun.

The idea that 'Flo' was able to fire the rifle again after three shots to the chest... well I'd like to know how.

Based on a quick study of the coroner's report, found at www.whyaretheydead.info and assuming this is genuine, I have some pretty natural questions.

The husband is reported to have heard a shot, and run into the bedroom... yet Flo Barnett apparently had time to shoot herself three more times? He "found the decedent on the bed, a rifle still in her hand" ... but (with apologies for the gruesome detail) it's far more simple, when shooting oneself in the head, to press a rifle's trigger with the thumb. Holding a rifle normally makes it almost impossible to point it at your own head. Significantly, why did detectives recover five empty cartridges from the scene, when 'Flo' suffered four gunshot wounds?

Why did the three gunshot wounds in the chest make smaller holes than the one in the head? (Since all wounds were through-and-through, we have no certain way of knowing that they were made with the same caliber of ammunition... which is to say, with the same gun. Do we? I don't know, since I'm not a pathologist, but I'd like to see this question answered.)

Finally, why is it that gunpowder residue is only reported at the site of the head wound, and not the ones in the torso? Well... I can only think of one reason for that: that the muzzle of the rifle was at least several feet away when it was fired into the victim's chest.

I'm even more horrified by the conclusions the coroner drew. :whistling:

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron

That could be. Wouldn't look good for Miscavige.

And nice to hear from you, GT. :)

T

TheSneakster

Having been instructed by Hubbard himself, Miscavige probably feels that he can't be touched by the law.

What makes you think McSavage was ever personally instructed by Ron Hubbard as anything other than a camera operator?

Sinar Parman and Steve "Sarge" Pfauth have both reported he was never even allowed on site at Winter Headquarters in La Quinta ("Rifle" was Hubbard's personal residence at site). Steve Pfauth reported the McSavage wasn't even allowed to know where the Creston Ranch site was located (until after Hubbard's death) - the reason for both of these given as Hubbard didn't trust McSavage.:duh:

Jesse Prince confirmed McSavage was not trusted by Hubbard as early as 1981, when Hubbard ordered a Sec Check to be done regarding why McSavage was trying to cut Hubbard off from corporate control. David Mayo confirmed this sec check was ordered, too.:coolwink:

The only first-hand source claiming McSavage was any kind of protege or apprentice of Ron Hubbard was McSavage himself!:whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron

:thumbsup:

TP

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
carrot or stick choice

Suppose some intrepid detective got anywhere near being able to prove anything. He is then approached by some Scilon goon PI. In so many words, he is offered a choice. 250k bribe, or a dead family. The thought process??? "250k ... lemme see ... thats a new car for the wife so she will STFU already, that boat I wanted, 40 acres of hunting land out in the boonies with a nice little cabin, and 70k left over to beef up my investment portfolio. That or a dead wife. Hmmmmm ... well, the wife is a nag, but I don't hate her THAT much ... I think I'll take the money. It was a suicide after all."

Pete

Sassy

Patron Meritorious
Can't a family member request a "well person check" or whatever it's called for Shelley M? Her niece for example? It's just so odd that allegedly NO ONE has seen her for years. That's fucked up to put it bluntly!!! :nervous:

LongTimeGone

Silver Meritorious Patron
Can't a family member request a "well person check" or whatever it's called for Shelley M? Her niece for example? It's just so odd that allegedly NO ONE has seen her for years. That's fucked up to put it bluntly!!! :nervous:

Couldn't just anyone in the States report their concerns for her welfare to the FBI?

It is terrible to think she may have been suffering for years, just waiting for someone to come and rescue her.

Of course she might have been paid off, waved goodbye to the cult and now happy in her new job as an estate agent selling cheap homes somewhere.

LTG

Freeminds

CST/ASI/RTC? No one you'd want to trust, then, unless you're a member of the "most ethical people on the planet", the ones behind Operation Snow White, and so on.

I think this is actually another Scientology footbullet: our continued speculation does far more harm than actually wheeling Shelley out once in a while would. She wouldn't need to speak publicly or even at all, just to be seen in the background at an IAS event or something. Even Heber turned up from time to time.

So, why no Shelley? Those of us who are concerned must continue to speculate that she can't be shown to the world because either:
  • If she appeared at a public event, she would say that she's being held against her will and/or try to 'blow', or
  • She is no longer alive.

Okay, let's be fair and list the other possibilities:

• She chooses to stay in a 'religious retreat' run by her husband, despite said husband being out-2D, and nobody else at that 'religious retreat' has chosen to leave it since she arrived, years ago, so we have no news of her.
  • She ran away, and now lives in Acapulco, having chosen to have zero contact with any of her former friends or family. Despite being a modern American woman with a multimillionaire husband, she hasn't initiated alimony proceedings, nor signed a book deal or been on a chat show.
  • Scientology thought control really is that good, and she has constructed her own prison, in her mind. Her sentence is one of total isolation.

Do any of these things actually sound like a good situation for a human being to be in?

T

TheSneakster

C
Do any of these things actually sound like a good situation for a human being to be in?

Unfortunately, for Law Enforcement, whether or not any of these possibilities (or others, which you did not name) constitute a "good situation for a human being" is entirely irrelevant.

I am not a lawyer, so take the following as opinion only:

Shelly Miscavige is not a "Public Figure" under U.S. Law, so her Right To Privacy trumps our Right To Know (if there even is such a right under U.S. Law).

Law enforcement requires evidence of commission of a crime before they can start investigating said crime.

So, if you or anyone else in the critic community can produce solid evidence of a crime being or having been committed against Shelly Miscavige, then I suggest you go to Law Enforcement with the evidence.

Her failure to appear in public, by itself, is not evidence of a crime, sorry.

Do I think she is being sequestered? Absolutely.

Why? Because she knows too much that Miscavige wants hidden and must have given him cause to doubt her loyalty.

Supposing I'm right. If she thinks that it would be detrimental to Scientology to tell the truth, she will lie (if she is a True Believer(tm)).

So, what evidence are you going to present to Law Enforcement to support the contention she is being held against her will, eh ?

Similarly, no slightest evidence has yet been presented that she is deceased. I suppose someone could try to have her declared dead,
if she has been absent from public contact/view long enough. The first thing a judge would want to know is why he/she was being asked to make such a declaration.

And if it is not against her will and she is going along with some sort of exile from Int Base, what exactly is your right to interfere with that, under the Law?

Freeminds

Fair enough, Michael. But let's not forget Shelley Miscavige. Let's keep on talking about her, even if we can't send in the cavalry just now: Mud sticks, and Scientology's long-sought 'respectability' is dented by questions such as this one.

I have another thought: has anybody tried to send Shelley a postcard? Not a secret message or anything protest-related, but just a polite message from the outside world, with an innocuous picture. While being held prisoner in Beirut, Terry Waite received a postcard from a lady called Joy Brodier, who sent her message to "Terry Waite c/o Hezbollah, Beirut."

Amazingly, it reached him. Years later, when he was finally freed, Waite said: "It was a sign of hope and an inspiration. It showed people had not forgotten me." It also reminds the captors that the prisoner is still being sought.

Maybe Shelley could use a little hope and inspiration, about now?

Also, there's a small matter of it being illegal to interfere with somebody else's mail. It would be most unwise of somebody, even obeying 'orders', to withhold mail from Shelley or any of Scientology's other prisoners.