What's new

Who controls CST?

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
I just was reading this blog post:

http://littledoubt.wordpress.com/2010/06/18/how-irs-runs-scientology/

It purports a sinister take-over plot of Scn back in the early 70's. There is little hard evidence given, but what is certainly well established (long ago) is who sits on the special board of CST - the real owner of Scientology's tech.

A small excerpt:
As a corporation, CST has no protection under the First Amendment of the Constitution, and so can be, and is, controlled by government agencies, including, but not necessarily limited to, IRS. IRS materially participated in the planning and establishment of the existing corporate structure–through their architect of it all, former Assistant Commissioner of IRS Meade Emory–expressly for this purpose. It’s a fraud, top to bottom, that was largely created by IRS and is being run by them through three non-Scientologist tax attorneys that they hand-picked to be “Special Directors” of CST, the most powerful position in the richest and most powerful corporation. For even more on the fraud, see our report on the IRS brand of “Scientology”: The Scientology Religion.

Since we have Marty, Mike and Larry Brennan around, shouldn't one of them be able to shed further light on what the true story is? What is the story with Lenske and Emory and the IRS involvement with CST? My suspicion is nobody is going to open their mouth about it as it's too dangerous to tell the real story, but maybe I'm just paranoid :)

It seems to me the only power to remove DM would be via CST taking action. But, I must assume they are quite satisfied with their minion's performance.

Tens of millions of dollars are being funneled into church coffers (uplines not local orgs) in this real estate nightmare DM has unleashed. The day will come when Scientologists are going to want that property back. I wonder what legal avenues "the parishioners" have to prevent the theft of these and the IAS' assets?

I really would like to hear one of these former top guys respond to this thread. I find it hard to believe they know nothing of this matter.

Maybe this has already been hashed out before, if so please direct me.

Given the rapid rate of defection of major OT opinion leaders in recent weeks it seems only a matter of time before the shit hits the fan. Public are not going to buy SP declares on the most up-stat OT VIII's in their field without wondering WFT is going on. These OT VIII defections mark the beginning of a flood of people we will see this year. May 2011 be the Year of the DM's Demise! Hip-hip-hoooo-ray!!! (lol, sorry just had to do it)

Veda

Sponsor
Larry Brennan has addressed this area many times. The search function on ESMB, and on the NET, is your friend.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
I just was reading this blog post:

http://littledoubt.wordpress.com/2010/06/18/how-irs-runs-scientology/

It purports a sinister take-over plot of Scn back in the early 70's. There is little hard evidence given, but what is certainly well established (long ago) is who sits on the special board of CST - the real owner of Scientology's tech.

A small excerpt:

Since we have Marty, Mike and Larry Brennan around, shouldn't one of them be able to shed further light on what the true story is? What is the story with Lenske and Emory and the IRS involvement with CST? My suspicion is nobody is going to open their mouth about it as it's too dangerous to tell the real story, but maybe I'm just paranoid :)

No, you sound like a standard "conspiracy theorist" because you make conclusions for which you have no data and no experience. So if the data from larry does not match your conclusions will you change them?

There was no IRS takeover - it is a total crock invented by people who have absolutely no idea how the CofS does its paperwork and, apparently, seem to think that scientology has something of value.

It seems to me the only power to remove DM would be via CST taking action. But, I must assume they are quite satisfied with their minion's performance.

er, wrong.

Tens of millions of dollars are being funneled into church coffers (uplines not local orgs) in this real estate nightmare DM has unleashed. The day will come when Scientologists are going to want that property back. I wonder what legal avenues "the parishioners" have to prevent the theft of these and the IAS' assets?

your statement is inaccurate. Scientologists are, legally, 'embodied" by two entities the Cofs and the IAS - and all voluntarily join that and allow those entities to act on their behalf in this arena. DM controls both entities.

Individuals might be pissed off but 'scientologists' ALREADY own the properties.

I really would like to hear one of these former top guys respond to this thread. I find it hard to believe they know nothing of this matter.

Maybe this has already been hashed out before, if so please direct me.

Larry has written a lot about this. Follow his links and read it. you will understand it better then.

Given the rapid rate of defection of major OT opinion leaders in recent weeks it seems only a matter of time before the shit hits the fan. Public are not going to buy SP declares on the most up-stat OT VIII's in their field without wondering WFT is going on. These OT VIII defections mark the beginning of a flood of people we will see this year. May 2011 be the Year of the DM's Demise! Hip-hip-hoooo-ray!!! (lol, sorry just had to do it)

Maybe. We can hope.

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
... crumples tin-foil and tosses it into the recycle bin.

Thanks Mick!

Scientologists might "own" the properties (would it be more accurate to say certain scientologists as opposed to all scientologists?), but it sounds like DM controls the property and can do with it as he sees fit.

justin

Patron
I think there is more than enough reason to suspect a controlling connection between the IRS and the current CoS management:

http://www.factnet.org/Scientology/tax_compliance_I.htm

"The [Tax Compliance] manual bears evidence that at least some of Hubbard's writings--identified as scripture--have been altered to ensure that the religion is in compliance with IRS codes. PRF's series will also address the creation and establishment of "Tax Compliance Sections" in Scientology organizations."

http://sc-i-r-s-ology.com/newsroom/prf05tcm2tcs.html

"Any question as to whether a post qualifies as a
ministerial capacity should be referred to the Tax
Compliance Officer, Office of Special Affairs
International."

http://sc-i-r-s-ology.com/newsroom/prf03churchstaff.html

"...it was recently revealed
by PRF (Press Release: "HIDDEN TIES BETWEEN IRS AND SCIENTOLOGY
REVEALED") that another co-founder of CST is former Assistant to the
Commissioner of IRS, Meade Emory."

Plus we have the sudden and remarkable reversal in 1993 of the IRS's decades-long hostilities suddenly turning to a mysterious friendship. Are we to believe this was due to DM's, uh, people skills?

I also know from personal observation that, beginning several years prior to the IRS agreement of 1993, that public PCs and students were being sent to ethics and denied service if they made any mention of non-payment of income taxes, even when this was in direct violation of LRH policies and codes. This began in the late 1980s-early 1990s.

In short, the CoS is doing the IRS's job of tax enforcement on Scientologists and has been doing this for years, even prior to the "secret" agreement. Doing the bidding of an outside agency is valid evidence of a controlling influence by that outside agency. No "tinfoil" required.

AnonKat

Crusader
DM

EFFECTIVELY that means in real life David Miscavige runs the CST.

This was not how it was envisioned by Hubbard and not how it is stated on paper.

But effectively David Miscavige is in TOTAL control of the CST through it's members who he controls TOTALLY and by that the CST.

AnonKat

Crusader
Church of Scientology Organizational Chart

My apologies but that page is not entirely a reflection of the factual circumstances. It's cute for conspiracy lovbers though.

Here you have something to sink your teeth in. AK

http://wiki.whyweprotest.net/?title=Organization_Chart&oldid=213

A

A1. Church of Spiritual Technology. Shadow ruling non-Scientologist lawyers, who can yank the trademarks away at will for $100. "RTC...gains its legal authority ...through the trademarks of Dianetics and Scientology. CST owns the copyrights of the religious Scriptures" quote from Miscavige Declaration, http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/legal/decl-miscavige-1999-09-24.html . To make itself a church, CST employs four full time clergy; people must spend 12 ½ hours a week in religious services. Page 12-3, http://www.xenu-directory.net/documents/corporate/irs/1993-1023-csi-questions-4.pdf

"RTC received...trademarks... subject to an additional "Option Agreement" between Hubbard, RTC and CST. In two so-called "Option Agreements" from May 1982, Hubbard granted CST the right to purchase at any time from RTC the "Marks", the "Advanced Technology" and all the rights to them for the sum of $ 100" from (1)"Option Agreement (Marks)", Notarized Agreement between L. Ron Hubbard and the Church of Spiritual Technology, County of Los Angeles, California, May 10th, 1982/July 9th, 1982 and (2) Option Agreement (Advanced Technology-U.S.) - Notarized Agreement between L. Ron Hubbard and the Church of Spiritual Technology, California, May 10th & July 9th, 1982

Also see http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Cowen/essays/corporate.html#pt2_2

meh

I think there is more than enough reason to suspect a controlling connection between the IRS and the current CoS management:

http://www.factnet.org/Scientology/tax_compliance_I.htm

"The [Tax Compliance] manual bears evidence that at least some of Hubbard's writings--identified as scripture--have been altered to ensure that the religion is in compliance with IRS codes. PRF's series will also address the creation and establishment of "Tax Compliance Sections" in Scientology organizations."

http://sc-i-r-s-ology.com/newsroom/prf05tcm2tcs.html

"Any question as to whether a post qualifies as a
ministerial capacity should be referred to the Tax
Compliance Officer, Office of Special Affairs
International."

http://sc-i-r-s-ology.com/newsroom/prf03churchstaff.html

"...it was recently revealed
by PRF (Press Release: "HIDDEN TIES BETWEEN IRS AND SCIENTOLOGY
REVEALED") that another co-founder of CST is former Assistant to the
Commissioner of IRS, Meade Emory."

Plus we have the sudden and remarkable reversal in 1993 of the IRS's decades-long hostilities suddenly turning to a mysterious friendship. Are we to believe this was due to DM's, uh, people skills?

I also know from personal observation that, beginning several years prior to the IRS agreement of 1993, that public PCs and students were being sent to ethics and denied service if they made any mention of non-payment of income taxes, even when this was in direct violation of LRH policies and codes. This began in the late 1980s-early 1990s.

In short, the CoS is doing the IRS's job of tax enforcement on Scientologists and has been doing this for years, even prior to the "secret" agreement. Doing the bidding of an outside agency is valid evidence of a controlling influence by that outside agency. No "tinfoil" required.

justin

Patron
^ How many churches can you name that have "Tax Compliance Officers" posted within the organization and whose members are threatened with excommunication if they mention having unpaid taxes? Even if such mention is made in "priest-penitent-privileged" conversations?

How many churches (or organizations of any kind) have, after decades of hostilities by the IRS plus convictions of federal crimes, been suddenly granted tax exempt status? Even when that church is widely viewed by the public and media as a fraud and having a history of "anti-government" activities?

You can believe what you want, of course, but I believe there is little doubt that the CoS is an IRS-occupied zone.

AnonKat

Crusader
Welcome Justin. I believe that it is the other way around: there is little doubt that the IRS is a CoS occupied zone.

"Tax Compliance Officers" On paper perhaps but in actuallity ?

^ How many churches can you name that have "Tax Compliance Officers" posted within the organization and whose members are threatened with excommunication if they mention having unpaid taxes? Even if such mention is made in "priest-penitent-privileged" conversations?

How many churches (or organizations of any kind) have, after decades of hostilities by the IRS plus convictions of federal crimes, been suddenly granted tax exempt status? Even when that church is widely viewed by the public and media as a fraud and having a history of "anti-government" activities?

You can believe what you want, of course, but I believe there is little doubt that the CoS is an IRS-occupied zone.

justin

Patron
^ Oh, you didn't say you believed in fairly tales.

That's a good one. The CST bullying the IRS with PIs -- yeah right!

Next I suppose they'll be threatening the Pentagon with RPF assignments.

Try this:
1) Look around and find something that's really real to you.
2) Repeat until you feel better.

AnonKat

Crusader
Who's your Daddy IRS ?

The IRS is Scientology's Bitch

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/threads/scientologys-irs-employee-sec-check.66234/

scientologyirsseccheck1.jpg

Try this:

I looked around and this document made me feel better. I'll take Lego-E-meter test if need to

gsr.jpg

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

Try this:

oh for crying out loud - let me ask YOU a qeestion.

How much of the CofS Corporate structure do you have direct knowledge of? Not opinions you got from some website - but direct experience.

Any?

Have you even worked for the CofS in any capacity?

AnonKat

Crusader
be gentle

You could alsoo applaud the fact that this Justin is LOOKING for himself so in the end he can SEE for himself.

I get opinions from websites too and than other websites , discussions and or people may change them.

oh for crying out loud - let me ask YOU a qeestion.

How much of the CofS Corporate structure do you have direct knowledge of? Not opinions you got from some website - but direct experience.

Any?

Have you even worked for the CofS in any capacity?

justin

Patron
^ You guys have every right to believe anything you like, even that DM has US government agencies under his thumb. It does make for an amusing mental picture: DM in dominatrix garb whipping the naughty G-men into submission.

But, you'll have to pardon me now as I need to stop laughing and get some work done ...

Have fun!

AnonKat

Crusader
onley one agency for the tax exemption

^ You guys have every right to believe anything you like, even that DM has US government agencies under his thumb. It does make for an amusing mental picture: DM in dominatrix garb whipping the naughty G-men into submission.

But, you'll have to pardon me now as I need to stop laughing and get some work done ...

Have fun!

Not multiple only one, the IRS

can you say TAX EXEMPTION

On 1 October 1993, the Church of Scientology obtained tax exemption from the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS). This ended 26 years of what the Church itself has described as a "war" against the IRS, in which it used extraordinary and in many cases illegal tactics - bugging of government offices, theft of mountains of classified files, private detectives pursuing senior government officials, thousands of lawsuits, full-page attack adverts in US daily newspapers, and so on.

So perhaps it is not such a great surprise that the settlement itself came about in some very unusual circumstances, raising questions about the actions of both the Church of Scientology and the IRS. Neither party has been willing to provide answers, with the IRS refusing to disclose the terms of the exemption agreement in defiance of a court order and US taxation law. But with the leak in December 1997 of the secret agreement, the relationship between Scientology and the IRS is under greater scrutiny now than ever before.

These pages, whilst not making a judgement on whether the Church legitimately earned its tax exemption, are intended to be a clearing house for reports and court records on the Scientology vs IRS controversy.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Cowen/essays/irs.html