ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Who is Geir Isene?

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by skollie, Aug 11, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. skollie

skollie Silver Meritorious Patron

I just came across this - it doesn't look like he has left Scientology - just CoS - but an interesting read:

http://www.isene.com/artweb.cgi?geir

His doubt write up is very interesting:

http://www.isene.com/files/Geir_Isene_doubt_COS_2009-08-07.pdf

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  2. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Yes. Seems like a bright guy.

Paul

3. Kookaburra

Kookaburra Gold Meritorious Patron

4. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

According to L. Ron Hubbard, publicly leaving His 'Church' is a High Crime and a Suppressive Act.

Zinj

5. His story is basically identical to everyone else's story about the cult

Does the cult actually believe anyone is stupid enough to buy into their propaganda which contradicts information such as this?

If you have any interested in Scientology, You'd have to be in a technological vacuum to believe any of the propaganda the cult is pushing ... Either that or severely brain damaged.

6. Feral

Feral Rogue male

I just received his doubt formula by e-mail and from a 'scientologist'.

It's spreading through the field.:happydance:

7. Rae

Rae Patron with Honors

This is brilliant. I just received one in my inbox too. I hope all the OTs get one...this is what will collaspe the field..getting to the OTVlls and Vllls.

8. Isene

Isene Patron with Honors

Hello

I just wanted to drop by and say hello.

I am not an active poster on web forums, and I don't think that will change :)

Thanks for noticing my doubt formula. I hope others will do fact checking like I have done and come to their own conclusions.

I have spent some 1000 hours during the past two years researching to the point where I now announced my decision to both sides. Part of my research has been to lurk on this board for two years. Thanks for all the data.

I was in good standing with the church and in no ethics trouble until I announced my decision on Friday. I am the only OT VIII in Norway - so the church may not take lightly on this.

I am in the middle of a storm and will keep people posted on a newly erected blog: http://elysianchakorta.wordpress.com/ It is empty now but will be active soon :coolwink:

->Geir

9. Kookaburra

Kookaburra Gold Meritorious Patron

I am very happy to see you here, Geir. I think you have made the right decision. And a correctly done doubt formula. You don't often see one of those! I hope it is OK with you if it is passed along?

10. Isene

Isene Patron with Honors

11. EP - Ethics Particle

EP - Ethics Particle Gold Meritorious Patron

Communion...

Welcome Geir :yes: and thank you! :clap: :thumbsup:

I recall this line spoken by the minister in the Methodist Church as he conducted the communion service:

"As these arise and go in peace, may others come."

Somehow it seemed appropriate here.

EP

12. knn

knn Patron Meritorious

Where is that written? I couldn't find anything in the Ethics book.

13. These chapters are on the subject of "High Crimes, Suppressive Acts".

From the 1979 version of "Introduction to Scientology Ethics", page 52:

2. Announcing departure from Scientology (but not by reason of leaving an organization, a location or situation or death).

6. Continued adherence to a group pronounced a Suppressive Group by the Hubbard Communications Office.

7. Aiding or abetting a person demonstrably guilty of Suppressive Acts in such acts.

10. Continued membership in a divergent group.

From the 1998 version of "Introduction to Scientology Ethics", page 209 & 210,page 296:

*Continued membership in a divergent group.

*Continued adherence to a person or group pronounced a suppressive person or group by HCO.

*Failure to handle or disavow and disconnect from a person demonstrably guilty of suppressive acts.

http://www.scientologydisconnection.com/ethicsbook.pdf

http://www.scientologydisconnection.com/analysis.html

14. Xclam

Xclam Patron

Välkommen Geir!

Very very interesting. I tend to regard the *subject* of Scn as a scam, and not only the CoS, and I have serious problems with the manipulative side inherent in Scn - the KSW attitude, TRs, the "it's all your own fault" attitude (expressed by Geir as "as one knows when studying Scientology and attaining spiritual freedom, one is causing one's own enemies") which I find downright evil - etc. etc.

But still, this may be the most efficient way to bring down DM&Co. Scientologists wouldn't have to take the scary step to renounce their religion, but just to see the evils of the management of the "church" and revolt against it.

15. knn

knn Patron Meritorious

None of it says that it's a High Crime to leave the Church. Departure from Scientology? High Crime. Departure from the Scientology Church? Not.

Especially since the doubt formula clearly states that Isene doesn't leave Scientology.

Distinguishing these 2 is especially important because there are many ex-Churchies who still believe in the Tech.

16. Div6

Div6 Crusader

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  17. knn

knn Patron Meritorious

Good site. Finally some ex who doesn't have a weirdo-style site that consist of 404s.

Why is it that your art pics don't have names?

18. MostlyLurker

MostlyLurker Patron Meritorious

Falsifying statistics = Treason, if I remember correctly. Thus International Management is in Treason.

Miscavige has been reported by David Mayo to be falsifying stats even to Ron himself when he was alive.

19. http://suppressiveperson.org/spdl/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=534&Itemid=32

Just about every declare has this as one of the high crimes

PUBLIC DISAVOWAL OF SCIENTOLOGY OR SCIENTOLOGISTS IN GOOD STANDING WITH SCIENTOLOGY ORGANIZATIONS.

Expressing you views about L. Ron Hubbard 2.0 aka David Miscavige is a high crime ... It's a cult plain and simple

20. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Supposedly from 1998 edition: "Introduction to Scientology Ethics"

I googled this. Now I have looked back and the part I changed to italics may have been inserted. It may not be actually in the book that the list of crimes was taken from.

Quote:

"HIGH CRIMES of the Church of Scientology

These consist of publicly departing Scientology or committing suppressive acts. (See list below)

Here are the HIGH crimes ...

142) Using the trademarks and service marks of Dianetics and Scientology without express permission or license from the owner of the marks or it's authorized licensee.

143) Falsifying records.

144) Testifying or giving data against Scientology falsely or in generalities or without personal knowledge of the matters to which one testifies.

145) Organizing splinter groups to diverge from Scientology practices still calling it Scientology or calling it something else.

146) Organizing a splinter group to use Scientology data or any part of it to distract people from standard Scientology....."

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009