ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Who is Geir Isene?

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by skollie, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Isene

Isene Patron with Honors

2. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

:thumbsup: :clap:

Good start - will be looking forward to more.:yes:

3. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

Good for you, Geir!

4. skollie

skollie Silver Meritorious Patron

5. Peter Soderqvist

Peter Soderqvist Patron with Honors

Soderqvist1: I have just read your doubt formula!
    Your change of group from CoS to ‘Scientology’ Cult is a logical step!
    But a question comes to my mind. If David Miscavige has beaten up his Staff, meanwhile ethics is only a self-determined act , which CoS seems to ignore, and thus cannot be forced upon the individual, why hasn’t the ex-Staff reported that to the Police, so Jurisdiction can put justice in?

Justice by L. Ron Hubbard
    When an individual fails to apply ethics to himself and fails to follow the morals of the group, justice enters in. Justice is used when the individual’s own out-ethics and destructive behavior begin to impinge too heavily on others. When an individual fails to apply ethics to himself and follow the moral codes, the society takes justice action against him. Justice would be used until a person’s own ethics render him fit company for his fellows.
    http://www.lronhubbard.org/human/dyn5.htm

Soderqvist1: I have new topic here which I have labeled “Geir Isene’s Theories” which deals with his essays about “consciousness as the Collapser of Quantum Wave-function, and Free Will!
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?p=285612#post285612

6. MostlyLurker

MostlyLurker Patron Meritorious

I don't like to critic LRH just for the fun of it. I believe you can't progress if you don't cut your chains to LRH. He was NOT the sole source. He was NOT OT. He didn't rise above his bank thanks to a lucky star. He was not the God the church portrays him. Once you can see and confront the good and the bad of his personality and work, you can sort the wheat from the chaff and move forward.

7. MostlyLurker

Me too! (whith small correction)

8. Pooks

Pooks MERCHANT OF CHAOS

Thank you for having the courage to speak out. It's truly appreciated and it makes it that much easier for the next one to speak out.

9. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

I've been telling people about Geir Isene's doubt formula.

10. cakemaker

cakemaker Patron Meritorious

I agree with the opinion that LRH had multiple personalities. It's the only thing that seems to explain the contradictions in his life.

People who knew him and worked with him tell first hand stories of the good, the bad and the in betweens. The tech and the admin, a reflection of his personalities, also has good and bad and in betweens.

Along those lines, I recommend a book called "Strange Brains and Genius" by Clifford Pickover. It has many short biographies about brilliant people throughout history and their eccentricities and "dark" sides.

The book has a quote by someone that says, ""Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light. "

11. Isene

Isene Patron with Honors

Is there any interest in creating a website with only proof (no carping, no emotions) of check mate outpoints with the church?

See my latest blog entry for info.

I am especially looking for hard evidence (not testimonials) of session data used publicly.

12. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

"Proof" is a relative term. One standard is that required to get a criminal (not civil) conviction in a court of law, although the courts are often corrupt. Having a wiki anyone can edit has its uses, but to say that a wiki one is maintaining only deals in "proof" is hard to justify.

I created and have been involved for a few years with a Scientology wiki at www.scienowiki.org, so know a little bit about the subject. Most of the time it is fine. But when someone I don't know posts something I can't verify from my personal experience and no-one else does either, what then? A sworn affidavit isn't necessarily true. Ten matching sworn affidavits from people with no obvious vested interest are better, though. Videos aren't bad, even though they can be faked to some extent, but are much more difficult to fake than one photograph.

By all means try it out and see what happens. Go for it. :)

Paul

13. TalleyWhacker

TalleyWhacker Patron with Honors

The closest thing I've ever found that you describe is www.friendsoflrh.com or .org but it did not contain any of the session data business you want. It was a very good bullet point website comparing LRH to COB and had some fantastic hard data in it relative to training statistics over the years.
    But the site has been taken down--guess they had too much in the way of copyrighted material on it which was a necessary ingredient if one was going to do accurately present a comparative analysis.
    Have no fear, it will be back up.
    I read your doubt formula some days ago. Obviously you're a good, contemplative man and I think I understand precisely how you feel and why you're looking for that kind of website; you're a person of good will. I read posts on this and other websites for a few weeks before ever posting on this site. I had never posted on any forum before.
    What I found in some of these posts were some very thoughful people. People who had been around far more than myself, who had contributed far more than me to something they believed wholeheartedly in. Individuals who obviously cared about others; they devoted their lives to what they thought would make a difference.
    There's some damned highly trained people on these posts who have very valuable contributions they make.
    Others with remarkable insights.
    There's also some that should be writing sit-com scripts for Hollywood or paradies for offbeat publications.
    And there are those that are here because they were merely insulted by the arrogance the church had in dealing someone else, not even them.
    The bottom-line? The Internet is very democratic by nature.
    If it weren't, it wouldn't be what it is and wouldn't have the power that it does. If you find that sort of a site, let me know but I don't think you will because you'd have to censor it to make it that way.
    And then you'd be back with the same old bottle of wine, just a different label is all.
    Good luck to you!

14. MostlyLurker

Knowledge Reports

Exes who have no fear of being identified by OSA may consider to post Knowledge Reports they wrote on outpoints they saw in the church. Many of us wrote KRs on outpoints, before realizing it was a waste of time.

15. Isene

Isene Patron with Honors

What about...

a wiki to collect hard evidence for serious outpoints and a presentation page to summarize the content of the wiki?

In the wiki, everything goes (relating to outpoints), but to reach the presentation page, the evidence need to comply with certain rules - like real video or audio, forgery-checked pictures, provable statistics, mathematical deductions or a certain number of testimonials on a given outpoint (unrelated sources corroborating the outpoint).

any 2 cents out there on this one?

16. Dulloldfart

Go for it. I would suggest using MediaWiki as the software is familiar to anyone who has edited Wikipedia and many other wikis. Plus it's free. :)

Paul

17. Isene

Isene Patron with Honors

I run free software companies :whistling:

18. Rae

Rae Patron with Honors

Regarding "hard evidence" and not testimonials, what else would there be except testimonials? Certainly no one would be able to produce "hard evidence" of someone sitting them down and telling them that if they don't cooperate with whatever the agenda happens to be, that they will disclose this and that from their PC folders. Outside of having a video camera in the room with you and being able to take it with you, I don't see how such evidence would be obtained. Am I missing something here? If such videos could be produced, well then that would certainly be amazing.

19. Isene

Isene Patron with Honors

Audio recordings. Any advanced cell phone would do.

20. Dulloldfart

Something like a video camera that looks like a pen? Like this: http://www.spytechs.com/spy_cameras/pen-camera-dv640.htm?

There are cheaper ones on eBay. :)

Paul