What's new

Who Will Step Up?

Pascal

Silver Meritorious Patron
I think Escalus, that the ideal scene would be "tits or gtfo", but that seems to be beyond us.

But when confronted with the tantalizing possibility, you say prove it too me, rather than do your darndest to seek the answer yourself.

Yes you and others have been burned by the church, (which was composed of people like you), but I assert that the responsibility ultimately lies with you to find out.

I would love to levitate a penny for you but I dont think I can. But I can share the indications that lead me to believe it is possible.

By the way there are people on this board who have found their previous life folders....but I am too lazy to look up the threads for you.
:)

alex

Heck Alex, I'm going to a past life dwelling of mine in a few hours to see if I can jog up some memories. I only get an overwhelming feeling of beautiful sadness when I go there usually.

OOops I guess we won't be eligible for jury duty any time soon. LOL

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
responses-

alex - I tried to find it and discovered it wasn't there. But if you look real closely to what you wrote there what you're trying to tell me is that the reason I have this issue is because I feel I've been burned by the church but, if I were to examine my case a little better I'd find out that I'm the cause of my problems. Well, truth to tell, I am one of THEE biggest jerks you are likely to meet. But I think that assessment is simply typical Scientology deflection and - as in all the answers given so far - it really isn't anything but evasion. It's not an answer and it's not an argument. I'll be patient for the penny. Fuck it, I'll be patient for anything! :yes: But how long should we wait before we begin to say that maybe we'd be better off if we just went and got a drink and just said "OK screw this dude"?

And to all who have tried so far - where in your responses is a response that wasn't couched in some way with concepts of denigrating the question? Look at my tag line below, fellas. You're living the dream.

I think you have accurately interpreted my response. But you dont even rate my top 100 for jerks!

Perhaps we can go have a drink WHILE we wait?

:)

alex

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
Grade Chart

Probably never since the simple fact is there is no mutual consensus on what is meant by OT powers.

You seem to consider that "ot powers" are abilities to affect mest objects through non-physical means. You also seem to place a great deal of "SIGNIFICANCE" on such things.

For myself, I consider "ot powers" to be things like insight, responsibility, understanding, compassion, ethics, etc.. I place a great deal of value on these. I attach little or no significance on those things which I understand you to value.

So, as it is, sorry, I can't help you. You might try the "Magic Castle" in Hollywood. They've got some pretty impressive trick performers hanging around. Ask for Irma.

Mark A. Baker

Mark:

Are you talking about hubbardology or something else?

OTGC-1.jpg

ExScnDude

Patron with Honors
I was actually able to insert my head into my ass and keep it there for nearly two decades.

Strangely, this OT power deserted me after leaving the church.

ExScnDude

Patron with Honors
Here are just a few of the OT powers I gained while in Scientology.

The ability to stay alive on $5.00 per week.

The ability to perceive genius where there wasn't any. I eventually became able to see all kinds of things that weren't really there - like we were making progress clearing the planet, or that we were having quite the deleterious impact on the profession of psychiatry. I eventually became so proficient, that I could actually live whatever life I wanted despite anything else going on around me. Now, that is an astounding OT power!

I also gained the ability to believe in things that I couldn't see - implant stations on Mars, Ron answering his own SO 1 mail, the number of mailings out predicting future GI - gosh! the list is endless!

There are so many gains - well - I could go on and on; but the last thing I want to do is create some kind of hidden standard on ESMB.

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ooops duplicate post. I guess I can't watch TV and post at the same time? I'm not OT.

What the hell are you talkin' about? I can't read your mind..or is that your point?

Now your getting as mysterious as "Markie"

SomeGuy

Patron Meritorious
I never had preconceived notions about Scientologists no, much less when I experienced my first OT phenomenon. So watch it putting labels of idiocy on people dude.

People keep quiet about their fortunes too, it's not only a thing OTs do about their abilities. 1000 years ago you could probably fly around and people would applaud but 2008 is a different story.

Apology accepted. :coolwink:

I don't think I put any labels on any one, sorry if you read much into it. I just challenged you to look at perception versus reality. I'll have to take your word on darkages applauding people flying around and the hiding of fortunes today. :confused2:

As a wog, I'll just step out of this discussion as I can see only misinterpretations will occur. :sorry:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Well, I can't say that I agree with Escalus on most things, but I kinda like him. I think he's just greatly disenchanted with Scn in general, as philosophy/methodology as well as CofS. I can't blame anyone for this because, although I've seen the "tech" really create some "effects"- really do some things- the EPs are not as represented.

So I like all of you guys.

Pascal

Silver Meritorious Patron
Well, I can't say that I agree with Escalus on most things, but I kinda like him. I think he's just greatly disenchanted with Scn in general, as philosophy/methodology as well as CofS. I can't blame anyone for this because, although I've seen the "tech" really create some "effects"- really do some things- the EPs are not as represented.

So I like all of you guys.

If you don't get the EP then blame the auditor and CS. And blame yourself for not knowing what they did wrong too. Noone said it was an easy road. Sorry for those who were tricked in thinking money was the key to OT.