What's new

Why do auditors keep auditing?

Veda

Sponsor
web-pic2.jpg

renegade

Silver Meritorious Patron
I knew one that loved having dirt on people and would talk about pcs out of session to other staff.

Gib

Crusader

because: (it's a long list, I'll post a few)

1. they think it works
2. they haven't compared auditing to some other form of help
3. they have not read Hubbard's Admissions
4. they have not read the Pandora box tread, many other treads
5. they do not know Rhetoric & logical fallacies................
6. they forgot what Hubbard promised in Dianetics

Veda

Sponsor
Last edited:

uniquemand

Unbeliever
I knew one that loved having dirt on people and would talk about pcs out of session to other staff.

Well, that's horrible. I knew many that kept their code as more important than their own life, took the trust of their "pc" over all other considerations, etc. Of course, they left the Church.

renegade

Well, that's horrible. I knew many that kept their code as more important than their own life, took the trust of their "pc" over all other considerations, etc. Of course, they left the Church.

I know right?! She was caught by the pcs too, talking about them out of session. Thank god she blew. I was her pc and can only imagine the crap she said about me behind my back. The staff treated me weird after she returned from training as the heralded auditor, trained at Flag.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
I know right?! She was caught by the pcs too, talking about them out of session. Thank god she blew. I was her pc and can only imagine the crap she said about me behind my back. The staff treated me weird after she returned from training as the heralded auditor, trained at Flag.

Maybe she was just "duplicating source"??

"8) My father has always used the confidential information
extracted from people during auditing sessions to intimidate,
threaten and coerce them to do what he wanted, which often
meant getting them to give him money. My father routinely
used false threats and auditing information particularly
about crimes people had committed to extort money from them." LINK

renegade

Any ethics officer, qual or reg staff could go into pc folders and read them. It was also how some of the dirt on people were gotten into the field. Nothing is totally sacred in an org. The reg had access to folders if doing a Tech estimate to Clear or a case assessment of a pc who wanted to address specific problem.

This auditor would use the excuse of "Well I'm not in session now, and it was a sec check which is not auditing!" Out of session she would say how out ethics you were, etc.

I have great respect for the audtiors that did keep their word about their pcs.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Maybe she was just "duplicating source"??

"8) My father has always used the confidential information
extracted from people during auditing sessions to intimidate,
threaten and coerce them to do what he wanted, which often
meant getting them to give him money. My father routinely
used false threats and auditing information particularly
about crimes people had committed to extort money from them." LINK

Yes, I know about "folder culling". I found out the hard way. Suffice it to say, my buttons were tromped on hard.

They did me a favor. My ability to retain mindful presence was severely tested. I failed several times and reacted. I'm better now, despite their efforts to destroy me and my family. I hope my family recovers and learns as much as I did. I have a lot of guilt about what my kids were put through on account of my failure to recognize a threat as a threat and respond appropriately or defend them from that threat, as well. They are strong, independent people who set and achieve their goals, so they came out okay, which is a credit to my ex-wife's abilities as a mother and their own resilience, so my guilt is probably a distortion.

I hope none of my other friends do me that kind of favor, though. I try not to select psychopathic organizations as my friends, these days.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
burroughs%2Bemeter.jpg

An early "squirrel"

Incidentally, this thread was a created - somewhat whimsically - as a counter-point to the 'Why do auditors stop auditing?' thread:

Yes, some of us who are really on the ball managed to work that out.

The reason I post is that the photo shows what I knew to be an E-Meter. Compared to the ones on offer these days, it looks like 'steam radio'.

Veda

Sponsor
Yes, some of us who are really on the ball managed to work that out.

-snip-

That was mentioned, and a link provided, in the event that someone happens upon this thread some months from now when the other thread has drifted into obscurity, and the connection may not be apparent.

____​

[Exotic psychoactive drugs from central and South America] should be investigated and made available.

Unimaginable extensions of awareness are now possible in terms of existing techniques. Let's set up a center where all of these techniques can be pooled, and to challenge anyone who claims to have knowledge of inner space to come out and share what you have.

Let's explore inner space. Your inner space belongs to you. It is time to demand what is yours.

William Burroughs, 1972​

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
That was mentioned, and a link provided, in the event that someone happens upon this thread some months from now when the other thread has drifted into obscurity, and the connection may not be apparent.

____​
[Exotic psychoactive drugs from central and South America] should be investigated and made available.

Unimaginable extensions of awareness are now possible in terms of existing techniques. Let's set up a center where all of these techniques can be pooled, and to challenge anyone who claims to have knowledge of inner space to come out and share what you have.

Let's explore inner space. Your inner space belongs to you. It is time to demand what is yours.

William Burroughs​

Point taken. My main interest however was that e-meter, but never mind. I was going to ask what the connection was between the photo and the quote.

Although it's early in the morning here in the UK and way past my bedtime, I can only assume that is a photo of the great man himself.

Leon-2

Patron Meritorious
Auditors do keep auditing. I am one of them. I left the CofS in about '83 or 4 and have been auditing ever since. Still am. Oh and I was auditing before that too.

Why do I keep doing it?

Because people ask me to.

Because I enjoy it.

Because they like the changes in themselves than they achieve.

They enjoy the better lives they lead (better in their own estimation).

Because I am happy to get money for it, OR,

I am happy to do it for free on a co-audit basis.

Because I learn a lot from it about them and about the mind and how it works.

Because I enjoy trying out new approaches and techniques.

Because . . . . well, that's more than enough. I first asked a preclear in session to "Pick up the cans" over 44 years ago and I'm still doing it. It's not a record but it's a good stretch.