What's new

Why I'm interested in being on here.

pteronotropis1

My name is Bill and I've never been a Scientologist,but am fascinated by it for several reasons.For one I'm a fan of some other sifi authors who wrote during the same period hubbard,like Authur Clarke and Isaac Asimov.For another I was upset when Scientology took over my mom's hometown of Clearwater Florida and tore down the church my parents were married in(Calvary Baptist).Now out of nowhere Direct tv suddenly has a Scientology channel which puts on videos depicting Scientology as benevolent and helpful.How much of what that channel says is real Scientology and how much a sugar coated misdirection?

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Everything that Scientology says is a lie, implied or implicit. Absolutely none of Hubbard's claims of results are true. None of the "Abilities Gained" on the Grade Chart are true.

Scientologists do claim to "feel better", "more aware", "better" -- and, as in any faith-based belief system, that is likely true for them. The implication that such "gains" are the guaranteed results from Scientology is false.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
Scientologists do claim to "feel better", "more aware", "better" -- and, as in any faith-based belief system, that is likely true for them.
The implication that such "gains" are the guaranteed results from Scientology is false.
Well spoken. The main point to understand in all of this.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
To get an idea of what it's all about try reading the book "Bare Faced Messiah" by Russell Miller. That gives the true story of L. Ron Hubbard and how he started this cult.

Gib

Crusader
My name is Bill and I've never been a Scientologist,but am fascinated by it for several reasons.For one I'm a fan of some other sifi authors who wrote during the same period hubbard,like Authur Clarke and Isaac Asimov.For another I was upset when Scientology took over my mom's hometown of Clearwater Florida and tore down the church my parents were married in(Calvary Baptist).Now out of nowhere Direct tv suddenly has a Scientology channel which puts on videos depicting Scientology as benevolent and helpful.How much of what that channel says is real Scientology and how much a sugar coated misdirection?
well, Hubbard said books make booms, that was because of the original dianetics book release promoted by John Campbell in his early 1950's, where the release of that book created a boom in sales. Hubbard followed that line of thinking, and the last really boom of sales was from Jefferson Hawkins in his Dianetics ad's in the 1990's. Since DM declared Hawkins and everybody else at the time,

Why DM thinks a TV channel will boom sales. LOL

vumba

Danielle Chamberlin
A lot of us have very personal and painful stories to relate, many of which are on this site, so I would just recommend reading as much as you can so you can form your own opinion. From my POV it is all hype and PR they put out there, but you don't see what really does go on behind the scenes.

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
well, Hubbard said books make booms, that was because of the original dianetics book release promoted by John Campbell in his early 1950's, where the release of that book created a boom in sales. Hubbard followed that line of thinking, and the last really boom of sales was from Jefferson Hawkins in his Dianetics ad's in the 1990's. Since DM declared Hawkins and everybody else at the time,

Why DM thinks a TV channel will boom sales. LOL
The reality was that books resulted in royalties into Hubbard's pockets.

I'd be interested in who gets the royalty payments from the material in the TV channel.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

Scientology is evil. Those who join it, enter initially as idealistic, naive, and gullible, but at a certain point, the indoctrination takes hold and they become blind to their own, and others’ abuse. They become blind to the crimes and the fraud. It is, in every way, a “prison of belief” to which they succumb.
The fact that Scientology is completely incapable of addressing or rebutting the factual and blistering criticisms that span decades of dishonest, abusive, often criminal behavior is the reason it is so reviled. The Scientology Channel is their newest, lamest attempt to rebut Leah Remini and many others. Pastor Willy Rice of Calvary Baptist Church has also spoken very honestly and eloquently and with great courage about Scientology’s execrable behavior.

Terril park

Sponsor
Scientology is evil. Those who join it, enter initially as idealistic, naive, and gullible, but at a certain point, the indoctrination takes hold and they become blind to their own, and others’ abuse. They become blind to the crimes and the fraud. It is, in every way, a “prison of belief” to which they succumb.
The fact that Scientology is completely incapable of addressing or rebutting the factual and blistering criticisms that span decades of dishonest, abusive, often criminal behavior is the reason it is so reviled. The Scientology Channel is their newest, lamest attempt to rebut Leah Remini and many others. Pastor Willy Rice of Calvary Baptist Church has also spoken very honestly and eloquently and with great courage about Scientology’s execrable behavior.
Scientology is not purely evil. It does contain many
evil policies and statements. Also some good ones. More importantly it contains a psychotherapy which has much brilliance and usefulness. [YMMV]

COS is evil though most scientologists are not. It is led by
a sociopath who is destroying the subject. I now feel I
can judge what is worth taking from it and what is toxic in it.
I needed many years to evaluate the subject for myself.
Simultaneously spending 7 years protesting with anons and
also getting great personal gains from some of the upper levels.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
@Terril, no matter how you look at it ... entrapment is always purely evil and scientology entraps people exactly as a paedophile grooms, entraps and controls children ... it is done little by little, starting with real sweeties and gradually moving on to imaginary kittens and puppies.

Nobody cares about your ridiculous 'wins' from the even more ridiculous 'upper levels' ... your 'wins' are irrelevant and in case you have gone completely mad may I remind you that it was HUBBARD that wrote every single nasty policy that miscavige is obliged to keep alive, HUBBARD that created the vicious culture of scientology, HUBBARD that invented the whole bridge including the 'upper levels' (apparently while off his face on acid) and HUBBARD that dropped dead with his arse full of vistaril ranting and raving like the nutter he always was, in a motorhome ... in other words miscavige and hubbard are both arseholes but your adored hubbard was definitely the original and most destructive arsehole ... got it?

If you went on about your 'wins' from the lower indoctrination levels I could almost understand it, I'd still be aware that you were mentioning it to try and recruit for the freezone, but the lower level stuff (ie the sweeties) was pretty harmless and I too enjoyed the very first stage of it ('life repair') but to keep on about your 'wins' from the 'upper levels' is just freaky.

The 'upper levels' are totally insane.

It's about time you stop using this forum to promote hubbards scientology.

Terril park

Sponsor
@Terril, no matter how you look at it ... entrapment is always purely evil and scientology entraps people exactly as a paedophile grooms, entraps and controls children ... it is done little by little, starting with real sweeties and gradually moving on to imaginary kittens and puppies.

Nobody cares about your ridiculous 'wins' from the even more ridiculous 'upper levels' ... your 'wins' are irrelevant and in case you have gone completely mad may I remind you that it was HUBBARD that wrote every single nasty policy that miscavige is obliged to keep alive, HUBBARD that created the vicious culture of scientology, HUBBARD that invented the whole bridge including the 'upper levels' (apparently while off his face on acid) and HUBBARD that dropped dead with his arse full of vistaril ranting and raving like the nutter he always was, in a motorhome ... in other words miscavige and hubbard are both arseholes but your adored hubbard was definitely the original and most destructive arsehole ... got it?

If you went on about your 'wins' from the lower indoctrination levels I could almost understand it, I'd still be aware that you were mentioning it to try and recruit for the freezone, but the lower level stuff (ie the sweeties) was pretty harmless and I too enjoyed the very first stage of it ('life repair') but to keep on about your 'wins' from the 'upper levels' is just freaky.

No quarrel with your entrapment commnts.

No I don't adore Hubbard.

Entrapment is evil, I agree.

Being OEC/FEBC I reject almost all I studied.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Posted by Terril and snipped.

Huh? Please, can you explain what that line (above) means?
Hum...
OEC\FEBC means you carry a clipboard all day long! :p
(attempting seriously to look like a very busy executive , while acting in a comedy show)

0511-0703-0215-2436_Executive_Businesswoman_with_a_Clipboard_clipart_image.jpg

Last edited:

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
Scientology is not purely evil. It does contain many
evil policies and statements. Also some good ones. More importantly it contains a psychotherapy which has much brilliance and usefulness. [YMMV]

COS is evil though most scientologists are not. It is led by
a sociopath who is destroying the subject. I now feel I
can judge what is worth taking from it and what is toxic in it.
I needed many years to evaluate the subject for myself.
Simultaneously spending 7 years protesting with anons and
also getting great personal gains from some of the upper levels.

scientology tech is used to turn introspection into introversion while convincing you that it’s enlightenment.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scientology is evil. Those who join, enter initially as idealistic, naive, and gullible, and yes, Terril, at a certain point, the indoctrination does take hold, and a self-reinforcing mechanism is created whereby the formerly idealistic, naive, and gullible individual undergoes a transformation, and becomes, as you have, someone who places great value on Hubbard's excretions aka a Scientologist.

Think of Scientology as you would a shit sandwich. In the beginning, only a very tiny amount of shit is mixed in to an otherwise normal sandwich. You might notice that it has an unusual aftertaste, but hey... there's meat and cheese, and tomato, and so you don't bother complaining to the chef. Besides, all the other diners are commenting on how delicious their sandwiches are.

Now, fast forward to 5, 10, 15 years later, and now, the chef makes your sandwich almost entirely out of shit, with maybe a thin slice of tomato, just for old-times sake. And the good, winning Scientologist scarfs it down, sending his compliments to the chef, as you so dutifully do.

Read the comments that people leave after you post stuff like this. Try to think about what they're trying to tell you. You receive a wide berth on ESMB because when you act as an apologist for evil, after so many years, the only logical conclusion is that you must be full of shit.
(Hope you used your demo kit and dictionary while reading this; you can skip the clay; I don't want to restimulate anything.)

Last edited:

Out Effix

Out Ethics Ex Ethics Officer
No quarrel with your entrapment commnts.

No I don't adore Hubbard.

Entrapment is evil, I agree.

Being OEC/FEBC I reject almost all I studied.
I am not sure what is good about Scientology TP...and my mind is boggled about your insistence to say there are good things about it.

The good things were copied or borrowed from others to trap people into the indoctrination.

It is part of the hypnosis....getting with you to agree with some things....and eventually telling you "Ron is Source" and getting your agreement. Telling you that anyone critical of Scientology or Hubbard has big crimes...is an SP - a Hitler type....

Perhaps stepping back and really taking an honest assessment of what Scientology creates ...the products of Scientology - so to speak.

What are they? What are the good products of Scientology?

Can you please show me some good people that are still in Scientology doing good things? Having levels of awareness never achieved anywhere else?

I have talked to OT's who are bat shit crazy and can't obnose reality anymore.

I really would like to know what you see that is so great that you constantly defend this evil cult.

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I am not sure what is good about Scientology TP...and my mind is boggled about your insistence to say there are good things about it.

The good things were copied or borrowed from others to trap people into the indoctrination.

It is part of the hypnosis....getting with you to agree with some things....and eventually telling you "Ron is Source" and getting your agreement. Telling you that anyone critical of Scientology or Hubbard has big crimes...is an SP - a Hitler type....

Perhaps stepping back and really taking an honest assessment of what Scientology creates ...the products of Scientology - so to speak.

What are they? What are the good products of Scientology?

Can you please show me some good people that are still in Scientology doing good things? Having levels of awareness never achieved anywhere else?

I have talked to OT's who are bat shit crazy and can't obnose reality anymore.

I really would like to know what you see that is so great that you constantly defend this evil cult.
Terril is like a guy who digs through a pile of shit and then says "Some parts are good" because he finds some undigested corn kernels.

It's the sunk cost fallacy: Because he has spent decades digging through shit for his little kernels of corn, they must be valuable and any suggestion that corn is available many other places, without the shit, is unacceptable. These kernels must be unique and precious. They have to be.