What's new

Workable Tech Forum

Veda

Sponsor
This seems like an excellent idea.

It focuses entirely on the "positives."

The "negatives" - necessary for a complete picture of the background and doctrine of Scientology - are ignored.

Elsewhere, in other sites, the "negatives" are the area of focus and the "positives" ignored.

And ESMB seems to be the only place where both "positive" and "negative" are examined. It's very unusual and very valuable in that regard.

I don't share Old Auditor's notion that Scientology was not a cult until Miscavige came along. I think that's extremely naive.

IMO, Scientology was a cult - a "destructive cult" - by the 1960s.

Nonetheless, this site has much potential, and I wish it well.

http://possiblyhelpfuladvice.com/simplemachinesforum

Michel

Patron with Honors
This seems like an excellent idea.

It focuses entirely on the "positives."

The "negatives" - necessary for a complete picture of the background and doctrine of Scientology - are ignored.

Elsewhere, in other sites, the "negatives" are the area of focus and the "positives" ignored.

And ESMB seems to be the only place where both "positive" and "negative" are examined. It's very unusual and very valuable in that regard.

I don't share Old Auditor's notion that Scientology was not a cult until Miscavige came along. I think that's extremely naive.

IMO, Scientology was a cult - a "destructive cult" - by the 1960s.

Nonetheless, this site has much potential, and I wish it well.

http://possiblyhelpfuladvice.com/simplemachinesforum

Great idea Veda!

From my viewpoint, i would say that the positive things i found in Scientology are:

1. A good description of Life.
2. The theory Theta / MEST from science of survival.
3. The basic communication drills.
4. The basic communication processes.
5. the ARC = U concept.

Those are basic things you find in scientology but they are simple, light and powerful.

Looks like good communication would be the Universal Solvent.

Simple right?:happydance:

Michel.

JBTrendy

Patron with Honors
Good initiative

Hi Veda,

Looking for wins and focusing on plus points is the approach that I thought was what I enjoyed most in Scientology.

It's incredible how the connection to Theta has always been proven highly successful. I don't have time right now to tell everything I have to say along this line but wanted to support it and will surely come back soon to tell all the good things I feel from the bottom of my heart and the deep love I have for you now.

"There's nothing as great as the joy of creating. So splurge on it"

All2U :happydance:

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Puke.

Connection to theta?

Gag.

Focusing on "wins" is a great way to put blinders on.

Instead of doing that, how about only doing things that make sense and therefore only things that create "wins".

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
The WTF forum — I know there's an redundant f in there — could have as a subheading "Tech that's workable whatever the source." It's not only about Scn. I love it, but if you're a standard tech type don't expect to be too comfortable there. :)

Paul

RogerB

Crusader
And please God, don't send any of those "nothing works" artists to waste the time of those who are making things better by finding and using stuff that works :D

Now that seems like a workable paradigm to me. No?:D

R

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
David St. Lawrence (Old Auditor) is a great guy.

I knew him when I lived in LA, and he was one of those guys who upheld and applied the original ideals of Scientology in his every day life and dealings with people. He is a very warm-hearted, hard working, and very helpful guy. And a great auditor.

I am sure that this is going to be something that will be positive for a lot of people.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
The WTF forum — I know there's an redundant f in there — could have as a subheading "Tech that's workable whatever the source." It's not only about Scn. I love it, but if you're a standard tech type don't expect to be too comfortable there. :)

Paul
Could also have the subheading "Unworkable tech from the saviour figure I am fixated on," for the Xenu enthusiasts, but to be fair, that's not what he's about, I know.

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Could also have the subheading "Unworkable tech from the saviour figure I am fixated on," for the Xenu enthusiasts, but to be fair, that's not what he's about, I know.

I can imagine something like "free solo processing" getting good support there, but the imaginary tyrant Mr. X will get short shrift.

Talking of short shrifts, Alanzo hasn't shown up there yet. :)

Paul

JBTrendy

Patron with Honors
You're the gag

Puke.

Connection to theta?

Gag.

Focusing on "wins" is a great way to put blinders on.

Instead of doing that, how about only doing things that make sense and therefore only things that create "wins".

I wrote looking for wins and focusing on Theta...

To alter a communication is definitely entheta and this is a theta thread so why don't you go puke somewhere else or concentrate on doing things that make sense and therefore only things that create "wins" if that is your real intention and thus don't give me this crap?

Smilla

Ordinary Human
I can imagine something like "free solo processing" getting good support there, but the imaginary tyrant Mr. X will get short shrift.

Talking of short shrifts, Alanzo hasn't shown up there yet. :)

Paul
Hopefully more stuff from people like you who have climbed out from under Scientology and are doing original research.

Paul

I think you are a bit overly pessimistic, Paul. I know "standard tech types" who are quite comfortable in exchanging ideas with others.

Mark A. Baker

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
And please God, don't send any of those "nothing works" artists to waste the time of those who are making things better by finding and using stuff that works :D

Now that seems like a workable paradigm to me. No?:D

R

Even Einstein enjoyed being ridiculed. Essentially because he didn't take himself too seriously. Religious or spiritual crusaders on the other hand tend to get overly significant in saving.... 'something'....

OldAuditor

Patron with Honors
Thanks for your responses!

The Workable Technology Forum is primarily a gathering place to exchange ideas and results on technology and policy. The forum hopes to encourage development of an Open Source approach to developing technology and policies that will stabilize and strengthen the activities of the independent field.

The guiding purpose of this forum is to facilitate information exchange that will strengthen a growing network of field practitioners and will hopefully serve as a convenient reference for results and technologies that embrace every practice that delivers what is promised.

There are many different sites and forums that discuss technology and policies but their gems of information are often buried in an avalanche of information about church abuses and protests. This site is for assembling all extant information about workable technology and policy and discussing the plus points and out points so that further research can be done if needed.

You might say that most sites are concerned with current and past abuses by the church. This site is concerned with building a viable future for all field practitioners.

There are people delivering some of LRH technology outside the Co$. There are also people delivering services that serve a wider audience at greater distances. The people drawn to this forum are willing to look at what actually works and why and exchange results and suggestions for improvement.

The Open Source approach to developing workable technology has a good reputation in many fields. Using it to salvage the best of existing technologies and to develop services that meet 21st Century needs is a worthwhile project.

I think that everyone from die hard standard tech people to those experienced auditors pushing the envelope to provide better service will find something in this forum that will create new opportunities for them.

JBTrendy

Patron with Honors
Here we go!

Sounds like a really good game starting here

Reminds me of some of the concepts I developped :

- 1980 Channel filter

- 1987 Intox (the law of transmutation)

- 1987 Realisation of the universal potential

- 1988 Infinitox - Intolabel

- 1989 The 4th Dynamic auditor

- 1989 The Free Org Member

- 1994 Destination Renaissance (the renaissance of renaissances)

- 1994 The motto "We are back"

- 1995 Golden age (prior to RTC use of it)

- 1997 Excalibur now!

- 1999 Spirit of play

- 1999 Demonstrating the new civilisation in action

- 2000 The missing-link

- 2001 Etoile Productions (Etoile means star in French)

- 2002 Operation Trendy

- 2003 L'Apothéôse

- 2003 Alternative cultural space

- 2004 Trend'Art

- 2005 Trendancy

- 2007 The Ultimates

- 2008 French Way

- 2009 Trendysm

- 2009 The Alchemy of Cristal

- 2009 Mandala Interactive Conspiracy of Truth

- 2010 Trendsetter

- 2010 The Keys

Have fun :yes:

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
For me, WTF would be all that stuff those dead white guys wrote between around 1750 through about 1830 in that now vanished land called "America." You know, the first Continental Congress, the Federalist Papers, the US "Constitution" and Declaration of "Independence", Democracy in America by Tocqueville, all those marvellous ideas of self reliance, optimism, belief in the "people" as opposed to the government. All that good stuff. Seems like WT to me, or should I just give up and say "What the fuck?"