ESMB is now closed to new registrations. Please go to www.exscn2.net and register there.

Worked at COSMOD Portland 1974-78

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by moxnox, Apr 21, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. moxnox

moxnox New Member

I was on staff in Portland from 1974 to 1978. I live in the Bay Area now and haven't had much contact with anyone from Scientology for many years. Would be interested in getting in touch with people that I knew in Portland and Sacramento.

2. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

Welcome Moxnox

It won't be long and I am sure you will find some of for whom you are looking .

Got any stories about your time in Scn and on staff?

3. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

Over 100 people (that I can recall names of) worked at the Sacramento cult location during that time. Anyone in particular you're looking for?

Also, welcome to ESMB!

4. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

Hello !

Hello, and welcome, moxnox :wave: :welcome:

:bump2:

5. moxnox

moxnox New Member

I was roommates with Barb Steet (don't remember her maiden name) and Pete Fastert in 1973 before starting on staff early 1974. Started as a disseminator and was terrible at it. Got shipped to Portland as they didn't know what else to do with me. Supervised the Comm Course and loved it. Took over as the head supervisor during the Sept 74 Game and did conditions at the end of the game. Spent quite alot of time at Delphi and got married there to Deby Johnson in 1975. Healy Burnham was my best man.
    All the names I've read over the past two days are vivid memories - Larry Silver, Alan Hollander, Jeff Cota, Bob Lauffer, Sandy Connally, Bill Woods, Jill.
    Seems like several lifetims ago.

6. thetagal

thetagal Patron

Same title

Hi, I must have just missed meeting you. I was at the Delphi in April 1974.

Don't know of any of the people you mentioned, sorry. But you might enjoy meeting some other ex-scietologiests in your area.

http://www.freezoneauditors.org.

Pat

7. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

Marina's in Sac. region now, though only for the last few years: http://forum.exscn.net/member.php?u=143

Carmelo's in the Bay Area: http://forum.exscn.net/member.php?u=3503

Try sending them a couple of pms. Carmelo in particular is very 'well connected'. He may well be able to hook you up with mutual friends.

Mark A. Baker

8. moxnox

moxnox New Member

Thanks Mark,
    I've exchanged a couple of messages already.
    I'll contact the other person you mentioned as well.
    -Randy

9. Moosejewels

Moosejewels Patron Meritorious

I was at COSMOD Sac (public) for several years. Blew there my second or third and final time about the time it looks like you got there. Still have friends around there (in and out), as well as at Dephi Sheridan. Good people. Blood sucking, money sucking, life sucking organization !

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  10. freet43

freet43 Patron with Honors

I've actually been here for decades......settled here in '70 and never left.

It was nice to touch bases with moxnox and moosejewels.

Marina

11. hummingbird

hummingbird Patron with Honors

Hey, moxnox, I worked at COSMOD Sac, and later at the Sac Org after that Mission Holder's thing. What a lifeless, soul-sucking organization that was. Barb's maiden name was Fiske. She was a sweetie. Guess she and Bob divorced years ago. (You heard that Bob died last year, right?) Pete Fastert died about 15 or so years ago (maybe more) from melanoma, caused by (so it's thought) his service to this country in Viet Nam. His wife Kathy remarried and is living happily in the California foothills.

Sooooo glad to be out and finding my life. It's been a great 25+ years since I turned my back on that place. Hope you are doing well also.

12. GreyWolf

GreyWolf Gold Meritorious Patron

welcome to the board :thumbsup:

13. moxnox

moxnox New Member

Hi Hummingbird,
    I had heard about Bob dying but had not heard about Pete. He and I had sort of a love hate relationship. I think he always thought I was trying to steal Barb away from him, which is guess I sort of was in a passive aggresive way. Our other roomate was a real loon who tried to kidnap Barb with a handgun at the Sac Mission. Don't remember his name. Oh the memories!

14. Moosejewels

Moosejewels Patron Meritorious

Come on, you can do it. What was his name ?:biggrin:

15. DanLocke

DanLocke Patron with Honors

Hi there Cosmoders. I was the Dissem Sec at the Portland Org and would go to the mission regularly to sell HASI memberships, HSDC Interneships and Acad packages. I liked a lot of the mission staff. Good group of people. I adored the comm course supers. I guess you were one of them.