What's new

Worldviews and Truncated GPMs

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Hi. I've been reading and writing a lot about worldviews and how they are developed, repressed and then dominate or entrap us into patterned thought, perception, etc.

I include a link about worldviews from psychological literature, but am interested in the views of anyone (but particularly techies who've branched out to look at other disciplines) concerning the links between what a person's worldview is, and what their current truncated GPM is.

In plain English, I believe that our experiences and reactions to them determine, through an interplay with our evolving Free Will, our intentions, identity, attitudes, behavior, etc. I believe these are fluid to the extent that a person can change them, is aware of them, etc., and that to the extent they are repressed or hidden (occluded) from the person, they dominate them and determine them (reducing the feeling a person has that they are free).

http://www.academia.edu/3089027/The_Psychology_of_Worldviews

RogerB

Crusader
U, what you write above is correct on all points.

For most folks, most of their "belief systems" are molded in on top of and in accord with their underlying, earlier developed stuff (Games Matrices, GPMs, or whatever). One's basic underlying identities as assumed to play these games also are too often monstrously limiting and confining to the Being.

Typically, what the Being is being and doing now is a perverted solution wrong answer adopted to solve an earlier situation. And these adopted solutions have taken us away from "truth."

It is equally true that all that junk can be undone and knowing volition restored such that one can operate more truthfully . . . but there is lots to address. It is not a 5 minute one-shot clear proposition.

Many have given up on the endeavor of recovering their basic truths, of course; but the fact is it can be achieved and is being achieved by folks I know who have persisted with procedures that work.

Rog