What's new

Wow! FOX News now promoting HBO's "Going Clear"

SPsince83

Gold Meritorious Patron
Featuring excellent interview with Mike Rinder.

And this is Greta Van Susteren's channel!

http://video.foxnews.com/v/41371956...xposes-secrets-of-scientology/?#sp=show-clips

What's crazy is that Fox News is probably the most obvious "merchant of chaos" in all the media. Glaring generalities are their stock in trade. That Greta works there and is in good standing with cos speaks volumes. Her fame trumps her activity. "Some would say....................." precedes every alarming generality and outright lie they utter. Fuck Fox News. They are right less often than a stopped clock.:bong:

uniquemand

Unbeliever
What's crazy is that Fox News is probably the most obvious "merchant of chaos" in all the media. Glaring generalities are their stock in trade. That Greta works there and is in good standing with cos speaks volumes. Her fame trumps her activity. "Some would say....................." precedes every alarming generality and outright lie they utter. Fuck Fox News. They are right less often than a stopped clock.:bong:

FOX truly is dumb, but choosing any one media outlet and watching it, exclusively, is also dumb. Each of them has their own biases, and none of them owes you their allegiance. They all exist to get you to watch to justify advertiser's dollars. The more money they make on advertisement, the less trustworthy they are.

SPsince83

Gold Meritorious Patron
FOX truly is dumb, but choosing any one media outlet and watching it, exclusively, is also dumb. Each of them has their own biases, and none of them owes you their allegiance. They all exist to get you to watch to justify advertiser's dollars. The more money they make on advertisement, the less trustworthy they are.

Fox News is a special case. They are not biased. They are diametrically opposed to the truth. It is an established fact that Fox viewers are the most poorly informed people in America in regard to current events. Fox News is worse than cos in overall damage to society. FAR worse.:bong:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron

Yes, they are definitely part of the news as entertainment movement....Infotainment. And part of that is putting sexy young blondes in the forefront. But hey, it works, doesn't it? (FOX is still the leading news show in numbers.)

SPsince83

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes, they are definitely part of the news as entertainment movement....Infotainment. And part of that is putting sexy young blondes in the forefront. But hey, it works, doesn't it? (FOX is still the leading news show in numbers.)

Fox is disinformation and propaganda. Purely and completely. Any "entertainment" value is analogous to lifting a rock. Fuck Fox News. Totally. Forever. The destructive bullshit of Fox makes cos fuckery look like a spirited game of Candyland.:bong:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Fox is disinformation and propaganda. Purely and completely. Any "entertainment" value is analogous to lifting a rock. Fuck Fox News. Totally. Forever. The destructive bullshit of Fox makes cos fuckery look like a spirited game of Candyland.:bong:

Regardless of anyone's views of FOX and how horrible it is (and I'm not arguing at all against your case), the point remains that this documentary is getting TONS of publicity with this interview.

I also know of numerous people who are still in the cult, who will likely see this interview, because they call themselves conservative and FOX tends to cater to that audience.

And that is a GOOD thing.:thumbsup:

SPsince83

Gold Meritorious Patron
Regardless of anyone's views of FOX and how horrible it is (and I'm not arguing at all against your case), the point remains that this documentary is getting TONS of publicity with this interview.

I also know of numerous people who are still in the cult, who will likely see this interview, because they call themselves conservative and FOX tends to cater to that audience.

Yes it is. I only disagreed with giving Fox a pass on their 24/7 lies and bullshit. Every once in a while they accidentally tell the truth. This is one of those times. I'd like to see Greta FORCED to interview everyone in the film.:bong:

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

Yet they run away from the other networks in the ratings, don't they?

I'm very happy that their viewers are being warned about Scientology, as I'm sure you would also be, upon reflection

Both sides of the political spectrum have become entangled and corrupted by Scientology.

Both sides need to be disentangled and uncorrupted.

(I'd pay good money to see Greta interview Mike Rinder, LOL!)

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes it is. I only disagreed with giving Fox a pass on their 24/7 lies and bullshit. Every once in a while they accidentally tell the truth. This is one of those times. I'd like to see Greta FORCED to interview everyone in the film.:bong:

THAT would be something to see! :thumbsup:

(And I'm not suggesting to give "Fox a pass" - my point is the documentary promo and interview will be seen by TONS more people by virtue of showing up on this network.)

Addendum:
Despite what anyone may think of this news station: "Fox News Dominates Cable News Ratings" for 13 straight years
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6398220.html

Last edited:

Sindy

Crusader

I'm sure many of the Fox viewers already see Scientology as part of the Illuminati take over so it feeds right into their programming. :biggrin:

As an aside, you must be feeling pretty good by now :bong: LOL

SPsince83

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yet they run away from the other networks in the ratings, don't they?

I'm very happy that their viewers are being warned about Scientology, as I'm sure you would also be, upon reflection

Both sides of the political spectrum have become entangled and corrupted by Scientology.

Both sides need to be disentangled and uncorrupted.

(I'd pay good money to see Greta interview Mike Rinder, LOL!)

They don't really win in the ratings. More people watch EACH of the 3 major networks' nightly news each night than watch Fox cable news in a month. Fox is free content on all cable and dish systems. MSNBC is not. Fox has no national broadcast component. It's not that other sources are so great. It is that Fox News is 100% bullshit. 100% of the time. They are only ever right by accident. Fox News criticizing cos is like Goebells criticizing Goering. As bad as Goering was, his bs PALED in comparison to Goebells. Fuck Fox News. Totally. Forever.:bong:

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
When I watched it and the fax from scientology was read, I had to wonder if someone working for Fox had informed scientology that Mike was going to be on.

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout

Agreed. Any entheta coverage of the cult is better than none even the controversial and oft hated Fox News Network. I'm not a fan of Fox News but kudos for exposing the evil cult.

My sister called me to let me know Fox was about to broadcast the interview on the Kelly File. So I set my DVR to record it.
Mike came out winning. He was relaxed and laid back and I was amused by his smirks. The only thing I disliked was Kelly brusquely cutting him off mid sentence several times but I understand they only had so much time for the interview. They packed in a lot of entheta in a small amount of time.

YAY for Professional Anti Scientologists!!!

Last edited:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Fox News is a special case. They are not biased. They are diametrically opposed to the truth. It is an established fact that Fox viewers are the most poorly informed people in America in regard to current events. Fox News is worse than cos in overall damage to society. FAR worse.:bong:

You are entitled to your opinion, but tens of thousands of people do not agree with you. Fox News has long beaten out CNN & MSNBC in ratings.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/03/26/cable-news-ratings-for-wednesday-march-25-2015/379729

It is no secret that the political side of Fox News leans toward the Republican far-right & it loves to trash Democrats & "liberals" just as much as MSNBC & CNN loves to trash Fox News and the Republican base.

Sindy

Crusader
You are entitled to your opinion, but tens of thousands of people do not agree with you. Fox News has long beaten out CNN & MSNBC in ratings.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/03/26/cable-news-ratings-for-wednesday-march-25-2015/379729

It is no secret that the political side of Fox News leans toward the Republican far-right & it loves to trash Democrats & "liberals" just as much as MSNBC & CNN loves to trash Fox News and the Republican base.

Most humans, at this stage in our evolution, from my observation are more prone to woo than science or critical thinking. If I had to make an educated guess (without checking your stat) I would have to say that this would be at least one possibility for that leaning.

Having said that, I defend no mainstream media outlet exclusively.

SPsince83

Gold Meritorious Patron

Orders of magnitude more so. Fox news is pure fascist propaganda. I am using Benito Mussolini's definition of fascism including the authoritarian component. Upton Sinclair was right about fascism's entry to America (bible and flag draped and all).

A Fox affiliate in Florida sued over the right to tell falsehoods in a newscast as "freedom of speech". They contended they had no obligation to be truthful under the 1st amendment. Newscorp provided legal aid to the local. They won. Get that?FOX NEWS SUED FOR THE RIGHT TO LIE AND WON. As I have said this makes cos fuckery kindergarten shit in terms of societal detriment.