ESMB is now closed to new registrations. Please go to www.exscn2.net and register there.

Wow. Just wow.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Awesome Rob, Apr 8, 2015.

View Users: View Users
  1. Awesome Rob

Awesome Rob Patron

Hey everyone!

New to the forum and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm not and have never been involved in Scientology, but am kinda fascinated and terrified by it at the same time. I had a good friend who was suckered into Landmark Forum a while back and it broke my heart as he was really lost and they clearly took advantage of him. After I did a lot of research online, I convinced him not to attend the 'graduation ceremony' (where you're encouraged to bring friends and family members who could benefit from the program - barf). Anyway, while googling Landmark Forum I found links to Scientology pages and was floored by what I read.

Eventually I found this board and lurked here for a good six months. I'm inspired by some of your stories, outraged by others and I've teared up more than once reading them. I wanna say, from an outsider looking in, that I have the utmost respect for everyone here who were brave enough to stand up against the CoS. I truly believe that this board has saved lives, whether it be current CoS members that have lurked here, read your stories and decided they've had enough, or maybe from people who were considering joining CoS, stumbled upon this board and decided against it after reading your brave accounts.

I truly wish the best for all of you, and I hope you don't mind that I've crashed your party. I'll probably have some questions at some point that I hope you won't mind answering (nothing personal or disrespectful, just general questions that I'll post in the appropriate sections). Please keep doing what you're doing.

Cheers!
    Awesome Rob

2. Outethicsofficer

Outethicsofficer Silver Meritorious Patron

A nice introduction Rob...thank you and welcome.
    James

3. SPsince83

SPsince83 Gold Meritorious Patron

Welcome Rob! Glad you avoided the cult. Have fun

4. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

Welcome, Rob! Thanks for making an account and joining the party. There are already a few never-in folks here, and a couple more have just arrived before you this week. It's great to share thoughts and experiences from the cult with people who were never exposed to it first-hand. Enjoy, and I'm looking forward to you posts.

5. MissWog

MissWog Silver Meritorious Patron

Welcome Rob! You're awesome and so is your introduction!

6. Leland

Leland Crusader

Hey Rob,

Yea, LandMark is an offshoot of the Cult of Hubbard.....

7. mockingbird

mockingbird Silver Meritorious Patron

Welcome ! Congratulations on never getting into Scientology ! Enjoy your time here !!

8. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

Welcome Rob. Great introduction.:thumbsup:

9. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

Thanks Rob, great introduction and great what you've said about the board. I agree. :yes:

10. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

:welcome2::welcome2::welcome2:

11. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

Hello :wave: and :welcome2: Awesome Rob :thumbsup:

Have you read Outrageous Betrayal by Steven Pressman? You could probably get it fairly cheap - USED- at Amazon. Excellent book.

12. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

Wow, you are Awesome Rob. :) Welcome.