What's new

Wow! Wendy Williams on Leah and Scn..GREAT!

JustSheila

Crusader
:wow: Wow. Wendy Williams is absolutely sensational!

FINALLY finally finally AMERICA is getting the right kind of media coverage with some real gutsy interviewers and reporters.

Leah Remini, you did this. Woman, you are the spark that lit a bonfire in my soul.

It moves me to tears to see America's major press FINALLY revealing the abuses of the cult without holding back. It just takes my breath away.

I can't thank Leah Remini or Wendy Williams or any of the other brave people who brought this about enough.

:thank you: I love you. :biglove:

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Or... the OT Committee might persuade an arm's length scio-celebrity to 'leak' a story on her own Facebook page, and then ensure it's picked-up as news by media outlets.

Quote from Jada Pinkett Smith's FB page:

Excerpts from LA Times article:

Link to FB page here: https://www.facebook.com/jada/posts/10151938314001320
Link to LA Times here: http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...th-addiction-divorce-20130924,0,7894878.story

The new spokesrep for Scientology's Narconon? :think:

JB

The 'elders' sounds like Nation of Islam to me..
http://www.farrakhanfactor.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=42490

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
The 'elders' sounds like Nation of Islam to me..
http://www.farrakhanfactor.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=42490

Agree w/your assessment, AnonyMary, especially since JPS is also involved with the Rebecca Project for Human Rights ("RPHR"), which despite having Oprah Winfrey's 'seal of approval', looks as superficial and vague in its way, as Anne Archer's li'l Artists for Human Rights boutique-tier level faux-activist group does.

Any former member(s) of Co$/scientology care to read the quote below and offer an opinion about the likelihood of it being written by a current member of Co$/scientology?

This quote was pulled from Jada Pinkett Smith's Facebook page, dated August 31, 2013:

I had an incident with a girlfriend yesterday who could not follow through on a task she had said she would handle for me.
Needless to say, I was disappointed and soon found myself engaging in some kind of disconnect mode from her.
Immediately, I had to step back to catch myself in order to remember that this woman is my friend whose love ALWAYS delivers.
This thought brought me back to an "in the now" state of mind which illuminated that all this negative emotion was connected to past childhood disappointments which had absolutely NOTHING to do with the present circumstances.
In that moment, I realized that our past can have too much influence on the present, and that emotional maturity must make room for disappointments from those who truly love us and are consistently looking out for us.
Being disappointed is an inevitable part of life, and I had to find my "in the now" adult mind to not take it so personally that she could not deliver on the task, and take responsibility for my own emotional immaturity.

Thank you for the lesson

JPS FB Page link: https://www.facebook.com/jada?ref=stream

No intent to derail the current thread - sincere apologies to CosBlog - if there's more to the JPS story, someone can start a new thread.

JB

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is just awesome!

I did actually look up the statement from the CofS to make sure it was for real. I couldn't believe that even the CofS would have judgment that poor -- figured it was part of Wendy's humor. But, sure enough, the major networks all recieved the same statement.

The Church of Scientology issued a statement to "Good Morning America."

"We know this may come as a surprise to someone as self-absorbed as Ms. Remini,
but we could care less if she wins or loses on 'Dancing With the Stars,'"

The desperation emanating from that statement is almost pathetic. The sad thing is that they probably are giggling, patting each other on the back and congratulating the person who wrote it on his/her ability to confront and shatter suppression.

But here's the thing that got my attention . . . .I'm not usually a grammar nazi, but isn't the correct phrase "we COULDN'T care less?" Are they so PTS that they forgot to clear their words? Or just so uneducated that they don't know the meaning of the idiom they are using? Or did they mean to admit that they care about this a great deal?

Between that and the junior-high-drama-girl content, I don't there is anything they could have done or said to make bigger asses of themselves.

:blink: . . . . . . . . :faceslap: . . . . . . . :footbullet:

Purple Rain

Crusader
Exactly. The crowd reaction says it all. David Miscaivage is the biggest idiot for writing a statement like that at a time like this.

It sounds funny... but I almost feel sorry for their stupidity. Seriously, they should probably hire me at this point for their external PR. I feel my whole job would probably be to STOP them releasing statements like this on a continuous basis! I would be like, "NO don't do it! It is hot in the media now... leave it be! You are only going to draw negative attention with releasing a statement like that right now!". Really, is is embarrassing and cringe worthy to even watch... classic case of the foot-bullet.

Nobody says no to Davey. You would last exactly two seconds in the job. One second to refuse him and the other for the punch in the face. Then you would spend the next four years in the desert figuring out how to terminate your employment as an executive with the "church".

Purple Rain

Crusader
This is just awesome!

I did actually look up the statement from the CofS to make sure it was for real. I couldn't believe that even the CofS would have judgment that poor -- figured it was part of Wendy's humor. But, sure enough, the major networks all recieved the same statement.

The desperation emanating from that statement is almost pathetic. The sad thing is that they probably are giggling, patting each other on the back and congratulating the person who wrote it on his/her ability to confront and shatter suppression.

But here's the thing that got my attention . . . .I'm not usually a grammar nazi, but isn't the correct phrase "we COULDN'T care less?" Are they so PTS that they forgot to clear their words? Or just so uneducated that they don't know the meaning of the idiom they are using? Or did they mean to admit that they care about this a great deal?

Between that and the junior-high-drama-girl content, I don't there is anything they could have done or said to make bigger asses of themselves.

:blink: . . . . . . . . :faceslap: . . . . . . . :footbullet:

Over here in America the term seems to be "could care less". I don't know why. It is infectious though, and I even find myself using it sometimes now. Note to self: Gaaaaah!! *slaps self around a bit*

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
Over here in America the term seems to be "could care less". I don't know why. It is infectious though, and I even find myself using it sometimes now. Note to self: Gaaaaah!! *slaps self around a bit*

lol . . .well, I guess my age is showing. . . when I was growing up in the 60's it was still "I couldn't care less" . . .and once when I used "could" I heard about it from my parents (they were grammar nazis).

So I had to look it up -- and you're right, "could" is accepted. . . http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/could-care-less-versus-couldnt-care-less?page=all

But it still doesn't sit right -- maybe just the fact that a colloquialism was used at all in an official statement, let alone a sarcastic one -- though since when has the CofS ever been professional about anything? So why am I surprised?.

Last edited:
Nobody says no to Davey. You would last exactly two seconds in the job. One second to refuse him and the other for the punch in the face. Then you would spend the next four years in the desert figuring out how to terminate your employment as an executive with the "church".

I wasn't talking in a literal sense...

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
lol . . .well, I guess my age is showing. . . when I was growing up in the 60's it was still "I couldn't care less" . . .and once when I used "could" I heard about it from my parents (they were grammar nazis).

So I had to look it up -- and you're right, "could" is accepted. . . http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/could-care-less-versus-couldnt-care-less?page=all

But it still doesn't sit right -- maybe just the fact that a colloquialism was used at all in an official statement, let alone a sarcastic one -- though since when has the CofS ever been professional about anything? So why am I surprised?.

In any case the cult's intent of that statement is clear. They may as well have said "we don't give a rat's ass".

Purple Rain

Crusader
I wasn't talking in a literal sense...

Haha! I thought maybe you were job hunting like myself! I did offer to help them out as PR for the Las Vegas Celebrity Center, but so far they've been all "don't call us, we'll call you" about it. Which is why they have gone to rack and ruin. All "yes" to Devon Campbell Newman and "when hell freezes over" to little old me....

hpm1999

Patron with Honors

I NEVER thought to see this on Television- this makes the Panorama special look quaint. Slashing GOOD!:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

The muppets in CO$ including the COB have flubbed this handling with certainty! One must believe that the COB has to be looking for a witch to burn and quick! to be looking for a Witch to burn NOW!

A regular bag of spanners for DM! LOL! Oh the joy of it!!!!!!:omg:

Some dull questions (yet again)- is Wendy Williams widely watched in the US (is she considered the equivalent of Oprah with whom I am familiar?)? Is this headlines news in the US?

hpm1999

Patron with Honors
In any case the cult's intent of that statement is clear. They may as well have said "we don't give a rat's ass".
They should just issue a statement that states the truth

"This completes our series of ten utter PR cock-ups in the last four years. We are intent on improving the quality of each of our cock ups using the tech and I dare say we have exceeded beyond our wildest dreams. Our goal of [STRIKE]clearing the planet[/STRIKE] fucking up virtually everything we do on the planet is within site."

My God in Heaven I have lost track of the purely idiotic, VERY Public things that they have done (please understand that I am glad they did them)

Outstanding!

"A meme (/ˈmiːm/; meem)[1] is "an idea, behavior, or style that spreads from person to person within a culture."[2] A meme acts as a unit for carrying cultural ideas, symbols, or practices that can be transmitted from one mind to another through writing, speech, gestures, rituals, or other imitable phenomena. Supporters of the concept regard memes as cultural analogues to genes in that they self-replicate, mutate, and respond to selective pressures.[3]

Here's a meme: "Scientology sucks, and it's a dangerous cult."

and here is another meme

auditing and auditor training are good things