ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Writing a book on scientology survivors

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by elias, Jan 16, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. elias

elias Patron

Hi all,

I am brand new to the board after lurking for a few days and reading through some of your (often harrowing) experiences. I am greatly interested in cults and have always wanted to write a book, so am combining the two :happydance:

I really want to write a book about scientology and have been researching the subject for a couple of weeks but really don't understand quite a few of the terms used. I'd like to talk to any of you who would be willing to share your experiences (you can stay anonymous if you need to) on how scientology affected your lives while you were in and also once you got out. I hope some of you will respond, from what I have already read it is a toxic cult that destroys lives and families.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and you can contact me by email at:

elias81[at]hushmail.com (the [at] being the @ symbol)
    or you can PM me here

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  2. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

Elias,

Can you tell us more about yourself?

Are you a student? An aspiring writer? Already a writer?

More information, please.

3. elias

elias Patron

certainly! I am a 26 year old woman living in Scotland and am an aspiring writer. I have up until this point written for pleasure but now want to take it further.

The reason I chose cults in general, scientology in particular was because I have read and seen programmes telling how damaging it is. I am also concerned at the lack of people willing to stand up to the cult and show them for the scam artists they are.

I hope this answered some questions, if you have more then keep them coming :)

4. Div6

Div6 Crusader

Hi,

If you have specific questions, just post them here and we will do the best we can. This is can be a deep subject, and as you have only been exposed to it for several weeks perhaps it would be a better start to develop your position in all this by asking in an open forum.

5. elias

elias Patron

I think that's some pretty good advice :) I have read as much of the OT documents as I can find published but am having a hard time understanding a lot of the terminology that goes with it. Can you possibly give me a Link on the stuff you guys started on so I can get my terminology right? I have ordered dianetics and that will be my main starting point once it arrives until then

6. Veda

Veda Sponsor

And remember that, to a Scientologist, you are a

1) "Humanoid"

2) "Wog"

3) "R6 Bank" Implantee

4) Possible "SP"

5) Possible "DB"

6) Victim of "Xenu"

7) And, maybe, if you're smart enough, and your theta endowment is adequate, and your "BT" case is not too heavy, you might just become a Scientologist someday. (You can then "do" the Commodore Hubbard/Emperor Xenu "Bridge," in Scientology Inc., or in the "LRH Tech Freezone.")

8) And, if you don't eventually become a Scientologist, you'll become - eventually - a "cinder."

Slightly grim. As L. Ron Hubbard described it, a "deadly serious activity."

And, to a Scientologist - You're someone, not to be reasoned with, but to be "handled."

This can make examining this subject, by way of exchanges with Scientologists, "LRH/Xenu Standard Tech Bridge walkers," and LRH fan club people generally, a bit difficult.

Scientologists tend to be very touchy about what they actually believe. (They're slightly embarrassed but won't admit it, even to themselves.)

Some won't admit to being Scientologists, even of the "Freezone" variety, however, they can usually be spotted, by their oversensitivity about "The Tech," and their recurring references to "LRH Datums" (sic).

If you want to unravel this smokey and tilted-mirror-infested subject, it might be best to read several summaries, and contrast those.

And it's easy to do a search on "Scientology terminology" on the Net, and that will turn up some info.

7. elias

elias Patron

Thanks for that :) I had found a Scientology glossary but was looking to find out where you guys started, so I don't miss anything. From the above I will be reading for some time ;)

8. Ladybird

Ladybird Silver Meritorious Patron

Yes, reading is good. Many of us have written "books" worth of posts, so I hope you will understand that we are wary of newbies who seem to be fishing for info before doing their homework.

This is a very important time for many of us who have been in the cults crosshairs for years. The truth about this ugly cult is coming out AGAIN, and maybe this time even more people will avoid the scam of scientology.

I am so impressed with Chapter 6 of Andrew Mortons book:

Chapter Six
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22613285/

Read this, and google some of the scientology terms, and some of your favourite posters.

I am pretty good with the references, as I am OEC/FEBC, SHSBC, KTL, blahdeblah, blah, blah and a sea ogre fully trained on all kinds of stupid stuff I wish I could forget. If I am around, I will be happy to answer specific questions.

Maybe it is just because I got caught up in it, but I do think it is an interesting and diabolical trap.

Ladybird

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  9. alex

alex Gold Meritorious Patron

Careful!!

If you read the dianetics book you may get hooked!

Thats where I started.

alex :)

10. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

11. Ladybird

Ladybird Silver Meritorious Patron

I started in the cult as a 19 year old college student. I found "Dianetics" in the univerisity library in the Philosophy section.

I sent in the "Oxford Personality Test" that was stuffed in the back cover of the book. Within a few days 2 really nice girls my age showed up at my house.

We remained great friends for years, through Sea Org, marriages, divorces, children, RPF, etc... and I would love to hear from them (and others) now. Last I know, one of them was still on the rpf, and had been for over 5 years.

I really hope these new media developements will result in people getting out of the cult.

They are going to need some help.

There are quite a few I will welcome in to my home.

12. Div6

Div6 Crusader