ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Yeah, okay--I am going to hell, so what?

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by HelluvaHoax!, Oct 28, 2010.

View Users: View Users
  1. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Ya know, for a cosmic technology that is supposed to gift 'total freedom' to all beings in the universe, it just seems a little "odd" that if you break one tiny, itsy-bitsy rule Scientology says you are going to hell. Forever.

A few examples:

* Question Ron's 'scripture'--goin ta hell!

* Talk to the wrong person--goin to hell!

* Even if you do what exactly what Ron says and audit someone standardly, but don't pay the Church hundreds of thousand of dollars--you is a squirrel and...goin ta hell!​

There are just about an infinite number of ways you can end up in Scientology hell.

"If you were looking for Hell and found Earth, it would certainly serve." (L. Ron Hubbard)

Earth -noun. 1. The planet third in order from the sun. 2. Scientology.

2. HelluvaHoax!

The biggest win I ever had in Scientology was when I failed-to-erase and thus decided-to-embrace this attitude:

"Yeah, okay, so I am going to hell, so what?"

3. HelluvaHoax!

Hubbard and his hellfire ministers are continuously threatening you will go to hell.

Yeah, okay, so what is the definition of hell?

4. LongTimeGone

LongTimeGone Silver Meritorious Patron

Save me a seat.
    D.

5. HelluvaHoax!

LOL.

It's a multiple choice question.

1. BRIDGE TO TOTAL FREEDOM?

2. ALTERNATE ROUTE? (cue video, rock the volume...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_5kv8QeBBc

6. HelluvaHoax!

Another way Scientology guarantees you will be declared & doomed to hell for eternity is if you ever dare to.....

Apply any of these points from the Scientology Code of Honor:

* Never withdraw allegiance once granted.

* Never disparage yourself or minimize your strength of power.

* Never compromise with your own reality.

* Never permit your affinity to be alloyed.

* Be your own adviser, keep your own counsel and select your own decisions.

* Be true to your own goals.​

It's an amazing religion, Scientology. If you don't apply it perfectly and do what Ron tells you to do exactly--you go to hell.

But, if you do what Ron tells you to do precisely--you still go to hell.

7. Opter

Opter Silver Meritorious Patron

8. The Great Zorg

The Great Zorg Gold Meritorious Patron

Requote

"If you were looking for Hell and found Scientology, it would certainly serve."
    (The Great Zorg's observation on L. Ron Hubbard's gibberish.):thumbsup:

9. The Great Zorg

The Great Zorg Gold Meritorious Patron

Reality adjustment

The scientology Code of Indoctrination and Brainwashing:​

* Never withdraw allegiance once granted until we tell you when to do so, in order to serve us and clear the planet.

* Never disparage yourself or minimize your strength of power when carrying out orders. Do not worry about these orders being legal or even ethical, we have a planet to clear!

* Never compromise with your own reality. We will tell you exactly what your reality is and you will not question it.

* Never permit your affinity to be alloyed, until we need you to do so, for our own purposes.

* Never be your own adviser. Never keep your own counsel. Never select your own decisions. We will do all of that for you. As long as you are useful to us.

* Be true to our goals and none other. We will tell you what your goals are: they are our goals.

(blue highlights are modifications of the original)

Been there. Seen it. Done it. Time to expose it. :yes:

10. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

Going to Hell

Relatively close to when I walked out the door of the C of S for good, I went into the C/S's office (I was on staff) as she offered to sit and talk to me about things that were bothering me.

As in many things in Scientology, you're pulled in and enamored by an idea that is stated as gospel and ends up being the opposite. I was enthralled with Scientology and temporarily felt free because I was told that there was no such thing as hell. Hell, Satan, etc., these were made up to scare man and control him. They've been used for eons.

So, in my discussion with the C/S (who was on OT7 at the time), I said to her, if I don't go clear soon and the planet blows up, gets taken over by the NWO (hehe), etc. and I am stuck endlessly being implanted, over and over and over and am doomed to lifetime after lifetime of pain and amnesia, how is that different from the hellfire and brimstone and gnashing of teeth story? Please!

Same story repackaged. :duh:

11. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Hubbard started attempting to scare people with his "the dwindling spiral" around early 1952. "Without Scientology processing..." :ohmy:

By 1965, he'd established the basic pattern: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=381568&postcount=13

"Every man, woman and child..."

"Scientology = survival&pleasure. No Scientology = succumb&pain." That might be said to be the basic Scientological "engramic computation" (or Scientological "implant") at the foundation of the reactive (implanted by Scientology) Scientological mind carried around by Scientologists. (Sometimes concealed with a PR wrapping that says, "I think for myself.")

Fear and hope combine, and each event that seems to validate "the tech" adds "certainty." If one in a 100 events "validates the tech," then that one event (which many indeed be a valid positive experience) will stand out in a Scientologist's mind as confirmation that "Scientology works," and the other 99 will be ignored.

For Scientology must "work," or we are all doomed, so saith Scientology.

In 'Ron's Journal 30' Hubbard wrote:

"But there was one discovery in 1978 that I haven't said very much about and am really not likely to since it's a sad thing. It is what really happens to a thetan who is not salvaged or processed and goes on down the chute. Man, when I saw that and knew it to be true I actually felt sorry for these guys that try to hit at us. Poor devils. Some religions talk about hell. It's an understatement of what really happens."

12. Magoo

Magoo Gold Meritorious Patron

Funny---I had the exact same realization, only guess where and when? HH will know! Lake Forest, pre Scientology!!!
    (All of your points are extremely key, though)

Yup---I'd moved from Park Ridge to Lake Forest (hated it).
    Walked into a Catholic Church and saw a bunch of older ladies playing harps. AT THAT SECOND I THOUGHT:
    I don't really like girls that much---and the idea of sitting around in Heaven playing harps with older woman sounds horrible. Plus, I am quite sure ALL of *my* friends are going to Hell, anyways---so PARTY ON!!! :happydance:

That was THE beginning of a long spiral down, including
    joining the Cult of $cientology--and staying for 30 years!:duh:

Happy Halloween to ya, HHs! I'm glad I'll have a few
    friends there, it looks like :yes:

And Happy Halloween to any others reading this, too.

Tory/Magoo

13. Royal Prince Xenu

Royal Prince Xenu Trust the Psi Corps.

In all fairness to those who've fared better, most of my life has been Hell, and Scn did not assuage it.

Uncontrolled Telephathy is a curse.
    Prescience is a curse.
    And it would seem that Common Sense is also a curse.

14. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

:goodposting: :yes:

15. Arthur Dent

Arthur Dent Silver Meritorious Patron

I saw many people get creamed for attempting to apply $cientology, particularly the "Code of Honor." I always thought they couldn't navigate the "system" because they weren't trained and didn't know the policies and how to stand up for themselves. They were, perhaps....and by observation, not "trained" in either tech or admin.

I fought issues and difficulties without backing down and without getting declared. Why? Because I was right. No, not really. The twisted reason of how I survived in $scientology was because I (unfortunately) "knew" $cientology and could apply it.

At the end of the road (to nowhere) I was left standing there wondering how stupid I looked having tried all these years to combat the forces that would not let me apply $cientology in $cientology. At last you must realize the futility of the entire exercise and simply stop.

And then laugh.

16. HelluvaHoax!

Excellent post........chock-full of delicious culty contradictions!

It just makes no sense at any level that Scn threatens & terrorizes its own members with hell---even when they DO do that doo-doo that's designed to scroo-yoo so well!

LIFETIME SCIENTOLOGIST
    ...but, in the Code of Honor Ron says here 'never to
    compromise with my own reality
    '!

ETHICS OFFICER
    ...but in another reference, Ron says if you don't disconnect
    from your husband, children, parents, relatives, employer
    and all your friends, your life could take a turn for the worse.

LIFETIME SCIENTOLOGIST
    Wouldn't disconnecting from everyone I know on the planet
    be a "turn for the worse"?

ETHICS OFFICER
    Not in Ron's reality. And he is following his own tech
    by not compromising with his own reality--which is what
    you should do too.

LIFETIME SCIENTOLOGIST
    Whatttt??? Then what am I supposed to do?

ETHICS OFFICER
    Oh that's easy. Write up your O/W's on Ron, stop
    dramatizing your evil purposes & get moving on
    your Bridge so your reality is not so screwed up.​

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  17. Auditor's Toad

Auditor's Toad Clear as Mud

A slice of hell would be 15 years on the various versions of OT VII and that mixed with some kid that was born into the SO after I finished OTVII telling me I couldn't go free unless I bought the Basic from him right then.

Come to think of it hell was having to put up with those 2nd generation born-into-scn uneducated under 20 kids on a "mission". That was my hell .

18. Auditor's Toad

Auditor's Toad Clear as Mud

Dealing with 2nd generation born-into-the SO uneducated no life experience no worthwhile training and under 20ish kids who have no grasp of the tech but are on a "mission" and somehow figure out a way to cast me center stage in their own little drama that really never ever had anything to do with me- that my friends was my hell.

19. HelluvaHoax!

Today's Tech Trivia:

Besides Hitler, what other famous cult leader whose name also begins with "H" had uniform-wearing, tone-40, planet-saving youth with dedicated stares?

[​IMG]

20. nozeno

nozeno Gold Meritorious Patron

Hubbard. :yes: