ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Yeah, okay Jenna...whatever.

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Sindy, Jan 30, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

In today's article regarding the Ricky Gervais/Scientology issue:

http://www.timeslive.co.za/sundaytimes/article879027.ece/The-List---Scientology-Secrets

Jenna Elfman is quoted as saying something really stupid. Maybe this has been brought up here before but, I had never heard this and I really can't believe she would say something this dumb. :melodramatic:

"Finally, Jenna Elfman is no less wacky in real life than the flakey New Ager she played in Dharma and Greg, the sitcom that shot her to fame. She brought herself and the church into disrepute when she refused to assist in an Aids fund-raiser, explaining that according to her beliefs, "Aids is a state of mind, not a disease"."

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  2. Pooks

Pooks MERCHANT OF CHAOS

She's a Scn kook.

She also used standard tech and asked a guy who was wearing a T shirt with
    "Scn is Gay"---

"What crimes have you committed?" and began screaming "Have you raped a baby?"

http://www.tmz.com/2006/06/13/when-elfmans-explode/

3. AngeloV

AngeloV Gold Meritorious Patron

Stupid is as stupid says.

A grand example of cult-think, that is, talking without knowing WTF you are talking about.

4. Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily Gold Meritorious Patron

:ohmy:

If I hadn't been brainwashed this way myself I would never even believe that it's true. . .that anyone with half a brain could think that way ( -- yeah, I know . . . no brain left at all. . . )

I would expect an actor to have one foot in the real world. The disconnect there is unbelievable . . .that she would even THINK of saying something like either one of those statements. . . :no:

The sad thing is that the true believers are probably cheering her on for impinging and for her high level of confront.

I'm really embarrassed for her/them . .

5. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

How much of a crazy-crazy-crazy cult is Scientology?

This much: To an average Scientologist, that question seems quite appropriate and reasonable to ask.

In fact, it would be unethical not to.

6. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

OMG! Just when I think that I can cringe no more.... :faceslap:

Thanks for the links. Unbelievable.

7. Natalie

Natalie Patron with Honors

Not that Jenna Elfman hasn't said some wacky things, but she could have been misquoted. On my best day in the cult I would have never believed that about Aids, and I don't know anyone else who does. Although she also thinks it is logical that some protesting Scn is a baby raper, so maybe.:confused2:

8. Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily Gold Meritorious Patron

Oh yeah -- what any trained Scientologist would do! Shattering suppression . . . "missing that withhold" of having raped a baby . . . . that will send them into a spin they can't get out of without Scientology auditing . . Jenna gets the last laugh on that one! :eyeroll:

9. anonomog

anonomog Gold Meritorious Patron

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

She is a vile, disgusting, worthless oxygen thief.

Perhaps she should try volunteering in a hospice for aids babies for a couple of months and then discuss how it is a state of mind.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

10. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

It really belongs in the Top 100 Most Stupid Moments in Scientology thread...it never ends.

11. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Datz one Kooky Kultist!

12. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

Natalie, you are so kind. :hug:

Just for the sake of argument what might she have said along this line that was misquoted?

"I think that though AIDS is a horrible scourge upon the peoples of earth, one should still think positively as it's easier to recover from disease if you can stay optimistic, as challenging as that may be."

Something like that?

For some reason I doubt it. I like Jenna. I know she is a good person but, come on.

13. HelluvaHoax!

Shit, my op is blown. How did you know I was here on a super secret Div VI mission to rip off your posters, salvage them and get them back on lines at Top 100 Stupids thread? :D

14. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

:lol: You and your off beat, electrifying thread. :coolwink:

15. HelluvaHoax!

Jenna, like Ron, is penning a book called "UNDERSTANDINGS" that has many wonderfully theta and inspiring quotes by her on different social issues.

On Lisa McPherson: "Pulling in a fucking motivator like dying is a state of mind, not a disease."

Yeah, Jenna might be cool, but if she weren't an actress, she'd be an Int-inch-wife.

16. HelluvaHoax!

(sing along...)

It ain't my thread.
    No no no.
    It ain't me they're postin' for, babe. :)

[It's the peoples' thread. All of 'em. I'm just happy to be part of any cool thread--like this one!]

17. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

I am a bit with Natalie on this. I cannot believe most Scientologists think AIDS is a "state of mind, not a disease." And the baby-raper screech -- that's just bizarre in countless ways!

I certainly didn't have that point of view 20 years ago when I was still down with and ignorant of other things I have since learned about the Co$.

Giving Jenna Elfman the benefit of the doubt, since I can't imagine any sane person (other than some of my relatives) saying this, I don't know whether she thinks this or said this. But if she does and she did (Jenna, are you listening?), she is a big fat idiot.

TG1

18. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

Oops, confession. I even tried to Google it...I have an MU (if you will), I don't know what an Int-inch-wife is :blush:

19. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

HH, is that a real quote by Jenna Elfman or an HH'ism? 'Cause if she said that about Lisa McPherson's death, I take back what I said above about giving her a break on the AIDS quote.

20. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

I don't think most Scientologists think this but it appears that she does and to say that, as a celebrity, is just plan stupid. Just because most Scientologists don't believe that doesn't mean she doesn't. I also think that many, many think along that line. They might not go that extreme but some might. I definitely think many Scientologists would think that the person who got AIDs was someone downstat and out ethics.