ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Yesterday, Today and ?????

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by phenomanon, Nov 17, 2015.

View Users: View Users
  1. phenomanon

phenomanon Canyon

:thankyou:

2. lotus

lotus stubborn rebel sheep!

Not an easy situation Jana! :unsure:

(deleted)

You don't have any power over his life and decisions - presently you can only have power over your own life and decisions to make the best for you:confused2:

(deleted)

best thoughts for you Jana :heartflower:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  3. Gizmo

Gizmo Rabble Rouser

I sincerely wish you the best for you.

4. Victoria

Victoria Patron Meritorious

I didn't see the original post, but do you think he would sit down and watch the Getting Clear conference with you?
    It does have fascinating information that I've certainly never heard before, despite trolling for the "big picture" on $cientology, daily for a decade now.
    Of particular interest would be Jessie Prince and other accounts, including personal Hubbard family history that is a true unraveling.

5. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

I have had teenager drama all week. I'll trade you.

6. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Wearing my old OTIII-sup hat for a moment, and remembering some discussions on a FZ board ten years ago, I would guess that he's going to run into trouble and not find many, if any. The OTIII C/S (they don't bother with sups, unless that's changed) may do a correction list, then when that doesn't do much, will tell him he can attest as "obviously his NOTS case need handling" or some such out-tech (per Hubbard's tech) bullshit.

Did he "do" OTII? Did he get very far?

Send me the OTII/OTIII worksheets that the "C/S" has C/S'd and I'll (privately!) critique it, if you like, and point out all the (per Hubbard's tech) gross errors. Heh.

Paul

7. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Locker girl, unless he knows your password he can't read your PM's even if he is a lurking member.

If anyone has words of comfort, wisdom and/or advice for phenomanon, I'm sure she'd appreciate a PM.

8. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

:hattip: M2.

Pheno, M2 took care of it, see?

9. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

At this troubling and sensitive time in her life, it seems so appropriate to dump cult shit back at her. Right? Oops, I just pooped in your hat, and on the worksheets. Just saying, burn the cult shit down to ashes, so it will be never be seen again.

10. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

The point is to show him that his wonderful tech terminals don't know their ass from their elbow in delivering this stuff "by the book." Now, in reality, it's (mostly) all bullshit, and you can get the promised reads even if you hardly follow the procedure at all, which is how come they can get away with it. You can't tell a freezoner that it's all bullshit and expect to be listened to, but you can impinge with "see here, per this issue Hubbard says to do XXX, and yet per what they wrote here your trusted tech people did YYY." Do that 20 times with different bits of tech and they might get the point that their trusted tech people are clueless about the nitty-gritty of what they are selling for hundreds/thousands of dollars.

Paul.

11. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

Love to you.

:blowkiss:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  12. strativarius

I agree trubs. Just let him get on with it. As long as he wasn't throwing MY money away on a fruitless wild-goose-chase for non-existent 'hitherto undreamed of powers', I'd look after my garden, (a bit cold for that now maybe) chill out on my recliner, stroke my Kona Kat and not get stressed. (Probably easier said than done.) The insults are inexcusable, but just try and smile and don't rise to the bait.

Just my £0.02.

13. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

Yep, I'd give him absolutely nothing to push against ...

:coolwink:

14. lotus

lotus stubborn rebel sheep!

Wise! :yes:

15. Elronius of Marcabia

Elronius of Marcabia Silver Meritorious Patron

Seems to me he's asking and almost pleading to be tossed out on his ass.

The level of disrespect to you on a personal level is really quite disturbing.

Advice I got none for you I would not be so arrogant as to assume in the case
    of such a bright lady that it would be of any use at all.

Perhaps an apropriate song may be of some solace in what it is obviously a heart wrenching
    and gut wrenching situation you find yourself in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y25stK5ymlA

16. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

[video=youtube;Aj2WTB_4twg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj2WTB_4twg[/video]

17. DeeAnna

DeeAnna Patron Meritorious

Yeah, well sometimes partners who "seem to be begging to get thrown out on their ass" get thrown.

I had a husband #1 who met this criterion. It took that silly man - father of my children - 20 years to be able to say to me "I didn't know a good thing when I had it". My answer to him was "You're right, you didn't." And that was the truth. (Let's just say that some karma had entered the picture by then.)

I know a lot of people here probably don't agree with me, but in my opinion, all this tip-toeing around and keeping a smile on your face while a partner is doing something so eminently stupid as to get involved or re-involved in what is well known to be one of the biggest scams on the face of the earth - well, I just do not agree with that.

Where do you draw the line in a relationship? Is standing by with a smile on your face the best thing to do?
    Would you stand by and watch the person walk in front of a speeding train?

Sometimes in life, despite the length of the relationship or what happiness there has been between a couple in the past, one of the partners goes off the rails. The partner who is not off the rails (forgive the train analogies) has the right to a peaceful life, not filled with somebody else's garbage.

I suppose I speak coming from a place where I was one of those who "tried everything" to "rescue" the relationship. All I ended up getting was depressed. And then divorced. But, thankfully, the divorce pretty much cured the depression.

None of this stuff is any fun at any age. But particularly not fun when we get to an older age.

Hang in there, phenom. And don't beat yourself up about an anger outburst. Any normal person would be way angry under these circumstances. You've just recently moved into your "dream house", right? Things were going well, and now THIS!

I'm so awful, I guess. Knowing me, I'd "Suppressive Person" his ass out the door so fast his head would spin! Perhaps a quick and harsh dose of what life is like for him alone in the Free Zone is what he needs?

18. strativarius

Quite so.

You're a never-in DeeAnna. I don't mean that in any derogatory sense, but you have absolutely no subjective reality on the insidious nature of scientology thought control. Yes, you've read thousands of posts here, but it's just not the same I assure you.

Trying to 'talk sense' to a scientologist is like banging your head against a wall. They have a fixed notion of where you are coming from and a predetermined set of thought-processes to deal with it that ensures they will cling on to their mind set no matter what you say.

Phenomanon knows this all too well. There's absolutely no point in ARGUING about it. Maybe one day he will come to his senses like most of us here on ESMB eventually do, and maybe he won't. It's a road you travel on your own.

19. phenomanon

phenomanon Canyon

Thank you, M2.
    I have recently moved to a new home, and haven't made any friends, so ...I've been on these Boards so long that I feel like I have true friends here on ESMB.
    I was in despair and desperately needed someone to talk to, hence my inappropriate post.
    Thank you, M2, and thank you all who have so kindly responded
    I am fine. Life goes on.

20. phenomanon

phenomanon Canyon

No way.
    He is a true believer even tho I have made no secret of "the dark side". He sees anything negative about the tech to be suppressive.
    He also might be the worlds' most stubborn man. Only his Dad could compete with him for the title.
    Thanks for responding