What's new

Yet another announcement

Thanks Panda :coolwink:

It's a fine line, and one that I'm going to have to find (again).

I find it difficult to be impartial if I "get into it' with someone. Let's talk about the elephant in the livingroom for a second ... Veda & Caroline.

A few days ago (before this decision as made) I posted that I wish they would go away. This was purely a result of my personal frustration at what I was seeing. I wasn't trying to be impartial. I had no need to be.

As Emma the Admin, I can't post stuff like that, even if I think it.

I've put myself in a precarious position now because I have been open in my opinions. If all of a sudden Veda or Caroline do something to get themselves infracted, it will look like it was a personal thing because I expressed myself earlier that I wished they would go away.

Today, and not because of any decisions regarding administration, I no longer wish they would go away. Things have calmed down & I'm perfectly happy to have both of them posting on ESMB, but can you see how it has compromised my position?

It's just safer for me to STFU when it gets heated.

I'll still openly post my opinions on most things to do with the undressing of Scientology. But then again I always have.

Welllllllll... :idea2: I have what I think is the perfect solution to this.... :biggrin:

:idea: Emma, get a sockpuppet Nickname/Avatar...just give very few details about your "time in" (the Cult) or make up a whole new persona :)happydance:) and use that account to speak your mind freely...:pillowfight: Be your best ferociously original and outspoken self, and air your views totally and completely...:soapbox: but just as another anonymous member. :thumbsup: You could even "infract" yourself if you get to be too rough and rowdy with someone... :police: :giggle:

Then be your loveable, balanced and neutral Emma self as an Admin for the board. :thumbsup:I agree that when one is in a position of authority one must mind ones's words much more so that when just being a member of the "peanut gallery". :eyeroll: :duh:

DON'T TELL anyone what your new nick/sockpuppet is... this might also help to encourage everyone to be nice to the newbies!!! :biggrin: (Just kidding, guys! :duck:)

Just, whatever you do, find some joy in it all! :happydance: Big hugs! :hug:

Well, I dunno that I would consider BlackRob to be my opposite in viewpoint or in any other way. I don't agree with him on everything, but nobody agrees with others on everything.

We're all siblings in a cosmic sense and as I grow older, I've less and less interest in taking a divisive view or in being looked upon as a sideshow.

I think that everyone who posts is their own moderator, to the extent of their abilities and inclination and that love and empathy are the best guiding principles.

And, yes, I know it (and the preceding post) were written in the humorous vein, but, yanno, I had sumpin' ta say. :coolwink:

Ooooohhhh, TRUTH!!! WISDOM!!! I love it!!! :happydance:

Ahhhh....a zen moment on ESMB....just lovely! :thumbsup:

Live up to it, folks!!! :yes: :clap:

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
My belated thanks ethercat for all you do to keep ESMB running!

What does being a social/community admin entail?

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Excellent post EC. I have come to the realization ESMB is not a place for me a garden variety wog. I also have come to the realization OCMB is no longer a place I need to be. After many years, I came to the conclusion direct public involvement has all along been my strongest point in regard to making an actual change. Blogging though nice,was more preaching to the choir than actually effecting change. The boards will be here and if I need information,I'll know where to go if that information is pertinent to me and or my state,county or city.

Those that choose to follow scientology or any of its offshoots will always be with us. I honestly do not care about that and do not have any impact in that area. Never have. BUT,once any of scientology,s entities or offshoots transcends into the public sector,I can make a positive impact from both a legal and moral perspective.

Case in point being NarCONon. Change has occurred in our area through legal channels AND direct public involvement. Therefore I have seized on my direct involvement and embrace the "Reaching For The Tipping Point " website and what it is in fact accomplishing.

I thank all that guided me to this moment in time.

Cordially

GumbyTheUnstoppable

GumbyTheTruth

FullMetalGumby

Nomoresci

OCMB and ESMB are 2 seriously important sites and its been one hell of a ride on my end. Now its time to go see some more of this big beautiful world!:yes:

Oh you are Gumby!

Thankyou for all you have done mate, and keep on keeping on and enjoy this beautiful world indeed. :happydance: