ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Yet another OTVIII steps away.

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Iknowtoomuch, Oct 13, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. Iknowtoomuch

Iknowtoomuch Gold Meritorious Patron

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf Gold Meritorious Patron

3. Kathy (ImOut)

Kathy (ImOut) Gold Meritorious Patron

The OT VIIIs are jumping ship like rats on a burning ship. Good for them.

4. Happy Days

Happy Days Silver Meritorious Patron

I love the comradeship of these OTVIII's it's outstanding. Let's keep it coming :thumbsup:

5. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

To me it's more like they're choosing to no longer be a part of an obviously destructive activity. I never think of it in terms of "jumping ship" or desertion, I think of it more like a choice to resign rather than continue to support a corrupt and corrupting Regime.

These OTVIIIs are freeing themselves from the shackles of the cultic, collective mindset.

I expect most of them to continue to create worthwhile and productive lives. I'm looking forward to it.

6. Rae

Rae Patron with Honors

You, as usual, have used the right words to describe what is also obvious to me. I have nothing but admiration for both of these OTs. It took a lot of courage to go public and their support of one another will make the healing process that much quicker while at the same time making it safe for other OTVlls and Vllls to leave.

7. RolandRB

RolandRB Rest in Peace

I am sure they will carry on being Scientologists. Not freezoners but Scientologists as they were. The problem they have is that the management of the Church and the Sea Org have been taken over by squirrels with no regard to Policy and the Tech. The Sea Org in its current form is the enemy of Scientology and is in a Condition of Treason to LRH. These OT VIIIs can see this and they have spent years pointing out these problems by writing KRs only to be forced to come to the conclusion that there is no honest corrective system in place as it has been derailed by current Church management. In order to carry on being Scientolgists they have been forced to disown Church management and the group they control. The current Church is not the Church they joined nor is it what LRH intended. It has become a suppressive group and their own teachings tell them that they must disconnect from this group. They are not "quitting" - they are "sticking with" Scientology in the only way that is open to them. Many more will follow. The Sea Org has betrayed LRH. There will be no correcting this and no forgiveness for their membership in the eyes of public Scientologists.

8. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

^^^^ this ^^^^

9. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

And how many have also unofficially and quietly walked away? The cult's ranks are getting decimated. (the numbers of people, I mean, not the actual PEOPLE).

Good deal.

10. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

Question: What do ya'll think of the blogger's postscript after 'Part A of letter' regarding CoS's view of homosexuals.

I want to discuss this. I'm not sure I agree with him...all I DO know/remember was when I was in, we had to turn away gays beyond a few basic courses. And whenever a new person was discovered (or admitted) to being a homosexual/bi-sexual, many Staff's displayed disapproving looks and flows about it all and it was NOT discouraged to do so!

11. riptide

riptide Patron with Honors

Sherry Many-Katz PM me if you join this discussion group.

We are old friends Sherry and there are others out as well. Let's connect up.
    My own "coming out" is not far off.