ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Yikes! Nation of Islam Update

Discussion in 'Nation of Islam and Related Groups' started by NCSP, Oct 30, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. NCSP

NCSP Patron Meritorious

http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/National_News_2/article_8249.shtml

What is there to say but UGH?

2. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

Yeah, me too.

UGH!

3. Auditor's Toad

Auditor's Toad Clear as Mud

NOI aligned with this ?

A MESSAGE FOR
    BLACK PEOPLE

If Scientology were to be used by the black people of America,
    the gains for which they have striven so hard in the social
    world would be guaranteed.

Scientology can increase intelligence, improve personality and bring
    personal power and alertness to any person it is applied.

It may seem at first a difficult subject but it is not.
    It is far easier than common school subjects.

Many black people have already studied it to a professional level.
    The gates of Scientology are wide open to black people. A professional
    Scientologist has more social standing and ability to help than
    any other professional field.

If black people, even on a part time basis, studied it and used it upon
    other black people, if black centers were to be set up in America for black
    people, the standard ability, social activity and intelligence would be
    increased far beyond any future possible loss.

Look into Scientology and use it to help your own people.
    Let them truly walk in the sun and take their place amongst
    The most brilliant people of Earth.

L. Ron Hubbard
    HCO Newsletter 3 January AD11

4. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Great positioning for NOI and for COS.

Two wacko cults team up to make their individual bad PR 10X more bad. :duh:

Luv to be there when some uppity-full-of-it NOI wannabe general gets his case messed up and takes on some uppity-full-of-it SO wannabe in the HGC waiting room. Almost worth going back for.

5. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

“That means you can't mess with them,” said Rev. Johnson jokingly. “You come up to one of them and you try something and they'll just exorcize the evil out of you just by looking at you.”

...they'll just exorcize the evil out of you just by looking at you?????:omg:

Where did he get that?

6. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

On balance, I think it will do more good than harm to have hundreds of NOI people auditing Dianetics on their fellows. But it's close.

Paul

7. Veda

Veda Sponsor

I think that - by itself - learning rudimentary auditing skills may be helpful. For some people, just learning to "listen" is a big step, as is the idea of being in the "valence" of one's former slave master or, probably more commonly, the boozing, woman-abusing, gambling lower-class white overseers who worked for the slave owners, and were the bosses who daily interacted with the plantation slaves. Later, after slavery was abolished, some of these same people - or their descendants - became southern sheriff types, and I noticed years ago that lower class blacks - from the inner city - often spoke and acted in a manner much like an uneducated lower class white southern sheriff or other lower class white "boss"-types. Breaking that cycle for "inner city" people is not a bad idea.

But what is the 'Hubbard Certified Dianetic Auditors' course? 1950 Dianetics?

Even a 'Book One' training course is still going to be influenced by the rest of Scientology, and I don't know what sort of curriculum has been developed especially for the NOI, but it seems to include one lifetime 1950 Dianetics, Management Tech, and probably SP/PTS Tech.

I feel sorry for those caught in the middle of this. On one side they have Louis Farrakhan and on the other L. Ron Hubbard. In the middle are some people who genuinely want to change for the better, and some small amount of useful information, and then comes, eventually, if not the rest of Scientology, since it seems to be somewhat filtered by the NOI, enough of Scientology, probably, to nullify any positives that result.

But who knows?

Strange as this is, I'd rather wait and see, and hope for the best.

8. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

It sounds sort of "paranormal".

Probably a new "ability gained" on an "OT Level". :confused2:

9. NCSP

NCSP Patron Meritorious

He probably thinks he's talking to them "on their level." Creepy bastard.

10. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

Hey!

...some recent KTL grads!

[​IMG]

11. NCSP

NCSP Patron Meritorious

Uh-oh! They're in Corpus Christi! Quick, Marty -- to the Batshit-Mobile!

12. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Dunno. Possibly that was not the exact name. Farrakhan's duplication of Dn and Scn isn't the greatest. :)

The article mentions hundreds of grads and thousands of students. I believe these are being done at regular orgs, so the completions will (I assume) end up in various org mags and one or more should end up on ESMB. Hint to ESMBers on org mailing lists. Knowing how hard it is to get *off* the mailing list, that should be quite a few! The org mag will probably get the course name right.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is a new course, specially written for the NOI in regular English with appropriate sanitization of Hubbard. The CofS has shown with The Scientology Handbook that it has no qualms about rewriting Hubbard, and it would certainly make sense to rewrite 1950s Dianetics.

In terms of Dianetics flavours, they only really have Book One, Standard Dn, and NED, and they aren't going to start using e-meters. Shame they can't toss in a bit of the 6-direction process and Rub&Yawn too, but, well, they're still set on building a world with broken straws, aren't they?

Paul

13. NoName

NoName A Girl Has No Name

That's all well and good, but aren't there sec check questions about miscegenation?

14. NoName

According to Wikipedia:

source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Scientology_Security_Checks#cite_note-HCOPLjoburg-11

15. NCSP

NCSP Patron Meritorious

I believe interracial relationships are also frowned upon in the NOI.

16. NoName

Seems rather self-defeating for a group that promotes equal rights for blacks.

Equal rights are about choices. It doesn't mean that I have to have a relationship with a person of another race - it just means that the choice should be available to me.

17. NCSP

NCSP Patron Meritorious

Oh, I agree! Just saying. They're separatists, every bit as much as any white racist.

18. Mystic

Mystic Crusader

I only have this to say about all this:

Ahaknoni wanunu twalakoli. Mekaka tutuwannie chanana nuuhootani chaleli quakanogia pefdrohukuana.

19. NoName

??? :confused2:

20. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

Rev. Johnson understands how it all really works waaaaay better than most of us ever did!

He really gets it, it's all about creating fear.

:yes: