Yo! FCDC! Yo! Yo!

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Clay Pigeon, Jul 24, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Gold Meritorious Patron

Any of the fcdcers from '72-'74 still around?

When I first found ESMB the number one thread was Nozeno's "FCDC" thread and I spent weeks, one hour a day at the Hyde Park branch Library reading all four hundred plus pages before I checked in.

So many dear personal friends, many7 of them not just friends at fcdc but years later in New England (where the reconnection was downright magickal) and then in Philly and even some out here on The Left Coast.

Where is The Anabaptist Jacques?

Someone suggested he might be dead. Does anyone know?

MYSTIC!!!

The GREAT Gordon Bell. What a character! He's the wailin' cat who got me to come down to fcdc from Cambridge. Banned here a few years back. Anyone know if he's still cookin' and bookin'? He'd be in his mid 80's now.

Nozzie? A friend of Zinjifar. Anybody seen him lately?

Uncle Sam? His old lady was sister of the Qual Sec and had brain cancer last I knew. Did she make it?

All the others I so dearly love...

Are you out there?

Does anyone know??????????

2. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

Zinj did die Birdie ... I sincerely hope TAJ is very much alive but he hasn't been here (AFAIK) for around 5 years.

Arnie died too.

3. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  4. I told you I was trouble

Ah yes ... he did drop by around then ... just had a quick look at the link you posted (I did forget that, thanks).

5. Leland

Leland Crusader

That is where I got in. FCDC. 1972. Stayed about a year....or so.

I was 17 years old at the time.

6. Clay Pigeon

Yeah, ITYIWT, I know Zinj died. I lost the mailing address but I hope to stop by their place in Urbana and see Carlene. Oh! They had a gorgeous place (for those of us who like that sort of thing); a large antebellum brick building first constructed as some sort of school and two them did wonderful things putting in a modern kitchen and bath and also stripping down walls and ceilings to expose bricks and wood beams; it was a work in progress; charming digs...

Leland!

Really?

Did we meet?

Were you on staff or just public?

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • List
  7. Leland

Leland Crusader

Clay Pigeon, I don't know. I was just a kid....

I was on staff briefly on a week to week contract....but that didn't last long. They tried to make me a REG, right off...and that didn't work. So they sent me to Addresso....that place in the basement that made the metal plates for stamping addresses on letters. :biggrin:

Glen Smoak and I became friends.
    Abby B. took me to her place...and I stayed there. Just mattresses on the floor.
    Judy Cranford...
    Of course, Bill and Jeanne Franks...
    Tina was my Auditor....young girl that rode a bicycle in to DC. This was all at the "S" Street location. But the 19th (?) Street building was still there...terribly run down, broken windows...and a real mess. We'd go over there to Audit once in a while if there were no rooms at the Org.

There were 2 older guys....original 7s.....I think one was Gordon Bell. Didn't really talk to them.

That guy that started the Loft Bed manufacturing company years later....can't remember his name.

8. I told you I was trouble

Zinj was married to Patti (Good Twin) when he died Birdie.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Huh? Huh? x 1
    • List
  9. chipgallo

chipgallo Patron Meritorious

Leland -- Greg Gloor was the Loft Bed Store guy.

10. phenomanon

phenomanon Canyon

I visited FCDC as "just public" in the 50s. I went from Texas to Wa for the Congresses mostly.

11. Clay Pigeon

WHAT?!?!?

He left Carlene?

I guess one of us must be wrong but he was with Carlene last time I was in Urbana not more than two years before he died

????????????????????????????????????????????

12. Clay Pigeon

Coooooooooooooooooool...

You got your date wrong. You didn't get there in '72; I left in June of '74 just as the move to "S" Street began

I didn' know glen and Abby well but Judy worked in Qual an as you ma know...

Was available...

Tina Reedy!!!

Sweet little girl...

Same you didn't connect with Gordon, he's one-of-a-kind

Gloor and I were pretty good friends and he was one of my favorite PC's...

13. Clay Pigeon

The more writings you archive from the fifties the better sweetheart

14. Leland

Leland Crusader

....For sure I started in 1972. Most definitely at "S" Street location just across from the Costa Rican Embassy....

You better check your dates CP.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  15. I told you I was trouble

I don't know any details ... but here's the thread that mentions it (which you posted on BTW).

Zinj died.

16. Clay Pigeon

I'm certain of my dates.

Very certain.

I arrived at FCDC in August of 1972 and the main org was in a pair of buildings, 1812 & 1814 19th St NW, connected by a shared front porch. The acquisition of the charming former old girl's school on "S" St. happened in 1974 and the move happened that summer.

I am not entirely averse to the notion of parallel universes, but I expect some other posters will confirm you have shifted into mine rather than vice versa.