ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Yo! Scootah! En Gardez-vous!

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Commander Birdsong, Jan 13, 2015.

View Users: View Users
  1. well scoots, over on the PTS III thread you suggested a i start a thread where you and i might contend and that might lead to one of the liveliest and most intelligent conversations this board has ever entertained

so...

let's kick it off with a handful of simple statements:

1. auditing and auditor training are good things

2. despite several flaws, one of them exceptionally glaring "Science of Survival" is the single finest basic handbook of human psychology ever produced

3. we have a potential for a degree of spirituality that includes out of body experience with perception and communication, perception and causation at a distance

4. students of the subject are advised to have a deep nderstanding and high respect for the wisdom of our judeochristian scripture, the constitution of the united states of america particularly the preamble and bill of rights and the hippocratic oath

5. l ron hubbard is a remarkable and enigmatic figure whose work includes genius, folly, madness and a smidgeon of virulent poison

6. within three years the chicago cubs will win their first world series since 1908

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  2. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

I'll ignore #5 as I have no knowledge of NFL other than occasionally watching games here on TV.

#1 - Define "good" please - all I see when I look back at this "training" is the sort of thing one does to "train" a domestic animal. Ensure that they do it EXACTLY as The Master wants it.

The tapes and HCOBs could be amusing and occasionally educational but they were devoted to impressing on one just two things:

1/ How amazingly "OT" Hubbard was.

2/ Conflicting instructions on "how to" do whatever it was Hubbard was trying to achieve at the time.

I'm a KTL and PRD grad. so I have gained "full conceptual understanding" of what was being put forward by Hubbard. As I've continued to educate myself since leaving the cult, I've found my "IQ" has risen and my ability to "handle" people and situations has increased enormously. Because I don't consider the Single Source as a valid hypothesis.

And that's what Hubbard became by the mid-60s - Single Source. KSW kicked that off publicly but I suspect He had that as "part of His DNA" well before that date.

I trained at FSO for 18 months or so. '87 - '89. Green pen was used to C/S folders there because "that's what Ron did." No written source, just the old-timers passing down the tradition. There were other things done like that "because Ron did it that way."

Demented Midget has IMO tried to change that with His GATs I & II and various other "evolutions." Tried to get exact references for all these things. Take it away from the Guru Worship. And training was just another part of that. One was supposed to be an extension of Hubbard while you were in the auditing room as an auditor. THAT was why you listened to Hubbard's auditing demo.s - to try to get the same rhythms of voice, the same intonations (yet somehow be natural and relaxed and YOURSELF) so that you got the same results as Hubbard.

Training was/is an activity designed to turn a person into a Hubbard clone when auditing another. TRS are an integral part of that. There may be some therapeutic value in this but mostly it's dehumanising. Auditors in life - real life - are stiff and un-natural. It's hard to see unless you put them in situations where natural responses are required. TRs in an emergency are worse than useless. From personal experience as well as having observed others, you are shut off from your emotions and thoughts and concentrate on applying "Tech" to the situation.

Training in "outer orgs" was not as regimented as FSO. But OOTs were trained at FSO to turn ALL org training into replicas of FSO. "We" were to uphold the Standard of Standard Tech.

Which of course would change constantly while Hubbard was still around and less so once DM had fully assumed the reigns.

Another stultifying part of training was its insistence on ALL knowledge having been discovered by Hubbard. It ignored real science and scientific discoveries made post Hubbard brain-farts. HOM is a great example of this - Hubbard talked about Piltdown Man as a fact in that. A year or so after its publication, Piltdown Man was conclusively proved a fake. I did a double-take when I read HOM because of that. Sadly by then I'd come to accept Hubbard as Single Source and so I just dimmed my IQ down to accept Hubbard. Did the same on OT II and OT III theory, FPRD, etc etc ad nauseum.

IRL I've never seen auditor training transferable to "wog" situations. Quite the opposite. I found I had to re-learn responses to others as "keeping my TRS in" made folks uncomfortable and made me sound like a UFO-cult devotee.:biggrin:

And I did my TRs at FSO and got a pass from Anne Glushakow on my session TRS, who'd trained directly under Hubbard on TRS.

Your serve. I'll take up your other points later as I have to take my son to a party now :hattip:

3. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

I'll keep the score:
    Troll = 3
    Scooter =0
    Spectators =0

4. scooter

I get NO points? :bigcry:

5. sallydannce

sallydannce Gold Meritorious Patron

False reporting of stats. :melodramatic:

Please proceed calmly, subserviently, to your inbox to locate your conditions assignment. :wink2:

6. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

No. But if you're going to blubber like a Big Girl, I might award you points per time units (30 mins) that you ignore the troll. Ignoring is considered a stellar move in this game.

7. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

We have an emergency here! A Troll has escaped and is [STRIKE]running off at the mouth[/STRIKE] all over the place.

8. sallydannce

sallydannce Gold Meritorious Patron

Grab the white phone! Phone someone, phone anyone. Just doooo something for gawds sake! :omg: :wink2:

9. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Hey Sallydance, do you like really nice creamy lemon tarts with a nice crisp short crust and a delicious caffe latte or cappuchio? How about cake with layers - hey what about the velvety red cake. To. Die. For. Food is where a little bit of heaven can be had.

10. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Hey I just saw Sheila! Hi Sheila, gotta tell ya this. Where I live it's really populated and nobody has a backyard. So if they have a dog, they have these little breeds. Very very cute.
    Little white things and you see them everywhere when you go for a walk in the park. Actually the park.....well its large but actually it's newish so next spring will be first spring that the plants and trees will have really have established their roots. And there is going to be TONS of flowers everywhere, and the trees will fill out with leaves. I am looking forward to that. All a bit dry now with winter....but next spring...!!!

11. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

You mean #6 Scooter.

You could have knocked it out of the park if you took up #6, Scooter. Hitting that curve ball would have been a Grand Slam (home run with bases loaded).

[video=youtube;HJyxzaLNlNw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJyxzaLNlNw[/video]

The Chicago Cubs are a US baseball team(not football team) with as much chance of winning the World Series as CB has of bettering his condition with Scientology.

They lose every year, but they don't need to win because the original, retro ballpark and neighborhood are so outstanding that it is always packed and the good seats are sold out early. Afterward, it's dinner, live music and every sort of wonderful entertainment in one of Chicago's best and safest neighborhoods. So the Managers don't spend money for the best players, but there will usually be one or two good names and a good pitcher. The social atmosphere at the park is why Cubs fans go.

You can never convince a Cubs fan that they are cheering a losing team no matter how many years pass or how many losses they have, because that's just how they were raised, where they were raised (North side of Chicago v South Side, which cheers the Chicago White Sox) and what they do.

So I take up #6, CB, and thank you for your sincerity and candidness in expressing why you feel the way you do. You cheer the losing team and you'll never change but every year you have hope. Friggin' Cubs fans. :eyeroll:

12. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Well for me it was actually carrot cake yesterday. Delicious and moist and perfectly made. The coffee was very good. It is not as easy to find good coffee here as it is back home :bigcry: (sorry) or good cakes etc, and it's all overpriced, even the mediocre coffee. So I sat there yesterday and I said "Ya know what? I don't mind paying for this. This is damn good! And I deserve it." That was nice.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  13. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

New Scores out:

Troll = 3
    Scooter =0
    Spectators =3 +(referees conference is underway to decide on whether quoting trolls and direct troll responses are a penalty or a skillful play to derail the troll into baseball. It's a tricky one, since it is well known that ball games are often woven into the troll text).

Degraded being 110 points.

14. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

The ball was dropped on derailing opportunities, cakes/parks/cute little doggies/flowers/etc.
    No penalty, but remember derailing troll threads awards high scores.

15. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Bullshit that was a tie! My last runner was SAFE! SAFE I say! Umpire! Umpire! Replay! Boo! Hiss! So that's FOUR runs (not three) for a GRAND SLAM!

(Maybe next year, Cubs... :coolwink: )

16. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Miss Sheila did not understand, so a clarification:

If an official on the sideline (DB) starts on about cakes, cute little doggies, lovely experinces drinking coffee, flowers, etc, players and spectators can pick up on those and post pages and pages back and forth.......so as to derail the troll. High scores are awarded for troll derailment.

17. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

You're a feisty one, that's for sure Miss Sheila, and I know better than to get into a ruckus with 'y. Take a wee breather and 'tink about it for a wee moment and if y' still not happy a bit later on, I'll see what I can do.

18. Leland

Leland Crusader

I'll take 2 Ball Park franks.....a cold Bud....and a salted pretzel.. :p

ROASTED PEANUTS HERE!!

19. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

So maybe it's time for a song and the wave?

I'd rather talk about food and hotdogs and baseball than trolls, anyway. Heaps more fun!

Let's root root root for the home team. :biggrin:

[video=youtube;qscED3psy_U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qscED3psy_U[/video]

(When I took my Aussie now ex-husb to a ball game in America and he heard this song, he was laughing the whole night about the root root root part.)

Root (verb and noun) : synonym for f*ck in nearly all its senses: "I feel rooted"; "this washing machine is rooted"; "(s)he's a good root". A very useful word in fairly polite company.

http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html

20. scooter

Sheila - I know the Cubs aren't a football team :coolwink:

I just wanted to appear REALLY ignorant and see what reaction it got.:biggrin: