ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Yo! Scootah! En Gardez-vous!

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Commander Birdsong, Jan 13, 2015.

View Users: View Users
  1. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Troll = 3
    Scooter =3
    Spectators =9

Degraded being 110 points.

2. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Cool Scoots, ya sly one, you! DB has awarded your points. That was quite a slider, but you made it!

[​IMG]

Well let's all root root root for the home team and Scooter then! :thumbsup:

See ya later! :biggrin:

3. Leland

Leland Crusader

Maybe somebody just needs a hug.

[​IMG]

4. Gib

Gib Crusader

Hey Heeeeey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJje2Ugj0Nc

5. The_Fixer

The_Fixer Class Clown

Yeah Soots, we'll believe ya! :)

And I won't let the cat out of the bag either!

6. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

IIRC, the Bears are the Chicago footy team?

I used to watch the NFL quite a bit as it was on weeknights around midnight so I'd come home from the org and pig out in front of the TV watching that when there was no Rugby League available to be watched.:yes:

And they even had a team called the Broncos - who sucked badly at the time.:roflmao:

7. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Game over. Troll absconded

Troll = 0

Scooter =3

Spectators =15

For absconding, the troll Loses.

Spectator penalty points for going on about baseball, which is fodder for the troll = 30

Degraded being 488 points. Notice. Next match bribes to DB.com Paypal.

Match will resume inevitably, at the Trolls leisure.

Field open to those remaining.
    Referee temporarily retired.

8. Gib

Gib Crusader

The two greats of the game. and they have bronze busts in the hall of fame,
    while hubbard has his own bronze bust by self PR :roflmao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk35vPHDtAQ

one of the best emotional movies ever made is Brians Song.

9. Thrak

Thrak Gold Meritorious Patron

I was at that game BTW.

10. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

If people had those other 'deep understandings', they would never become students of Scientology.

BTW, your saying that one needs these things in order to better understand and use Scientology is what Hubbard would call Q&A which by his definition is Like, 'having to have in order to do.' :biggrin:

Well, that explains it all. Of course, you might have a different opinion if he'd taken money from you but since you didn't spend much while in Scientology, you would not get the depth of greed behind that appealing stuff.

11. oneonewasaracecar

oneonewasaracecar Gold Meritorious Patron

Troll 1 = 3 points
    Troll 2 = 3 points
    Scooter = 0 points.

Y'all postin' in a troll thread.

But continue.

12. suppose you and i are in heaven and we're gonna play a pick-up football game. if i get first pick i'm taking jim brown. but if you have first pick and take brown, i'll take sayres

for my money, "poetry in motion" never fit any player better than gayle sayres...

13. i hold with those who believe the center of christianity is neither john 3:16 nor the resurrection but the twofold dictum "love god with all your heart and soul. love your neighbor as you love yourself"

my experience with auditing has enabled me to do many very wondrous practical things in terms of loving my neighbor

hubbard doesn't promote christianity, the bill of rights or the hipporatic oath

but i do. and i held to them when i was active and i recommend them

and...

one of the great fallacies of the CoS ambience is that hubbard's work makes all other wisdom obsolete and unnecessary. you are repeating the fallacy from the other side

14. are you calling scooter a troll?

this thread is initiated at scooter's behest

15. good is defined as being in some way similar to jacqueline bisset in her prime...

of course, i was in back in the early seventies and things were in general much better then

never seen auditing as transferable...

verrry interesting statement...

i think the discipline is increasingly designed so as not to be "transferable". but if you truly understand, grasp, GROK!!! the materials; if you make their wisdom and knowledge come alive in your own mind and heart...

you can take much with you even as you kick the dust from your heels as you leave

"first there is a mountain then there is no mountain then there is"

i saw the mountain

then there was no mountain

now...

there is a mountain

you...

were in 30 years

and now you say "it's all cockie cack"

this thread might cause serious trepidations for our "trollbusters". you've shown yourself to be much more intelligent, responsible and respectful in your posting than they. i suspect they intuitivly fear tht if you 2WC with the commander the mountain might reappear

when first the mountain appears it is not the mountain but the image of the mountain. you studied but the image of the mountain. now it's image has disappeared...

well, there's much more in this post of yours but my time is limited

very nice opening statement scoots

16. nice to see you here SD; you're always welcome to be in my space and to speak as you choose

17. scooter

I don't think that the increasing regimentation of the cult under Hubbard and then DM actually changed the training's efficacy at all.

The early Dianetics centres reported people spinning in - Hubbard "addressed" that by blaming the Evil Psyches for sending "planted" "psychos."

There was NEVER any evidence presented by Hubbard to support this.

It was IMO a "look over there, not at my hand with the bloody knife in it."

Any environment that encourages people to examine their lives from a different perspective can be life-changing. The "wins" from the "Tech" can be had in an Evangelical Church, a drug-haze, a restful holiday or a great movie - anything different in life that encourages a LOOK THAT CHALLENGES PRESUMPTIONS.

When I got in and started my training, Sydney Org was a pretty relaxed place. Genuinely friendly staff, events were no-pressure-to-attend parties where everyone just turned up to be sociable if they bothered going, lots of fun was there to be had.

That changed in '83 when a Miscavige clone hit with a CMO "Mission."

BUT

People still had "wins" and "successes" from Hubbardspew after that.

IMO it's the PERSON THEMSELVES who is at some life crossroads and they find something Hubbardian that gets them thinking differently.

The cruelty comes when Single Source is attributed sole responsibility for what the person themselves has seen and understood.

Hubbard let this slip a few times - notably in the Exec Aptitude test where the correct answer is the PC is the sole source of the "wins and gains" from the "Tech." The other answers like the auditor, Hubbard, etc etc are not.:omg:

That you, I and most others on this board had life-changing realisations from contact with Hubbardspew is a given.

I just believe that the source of those realisations isn't the Hubbbardspew, but the environment and the mental state of the person those thoughts happened in.

That's why I believe (and think I have enough evidence to back up) my assertion that it's all a crock of cockie cack.:biggrin:

ps I think another big part of it is it's something different and radical and so one goes there expecting a challenge to change and a fresh perspective to emerge. Again, the source of that is the person themselves, not the "wisdom" being presented.

18. scoots...

i think you and i can develop a very interesting dialogue

but...

i have limited computer time and i am exceptionally interested in the conversation over on the PTS III thread

i love your work here and i think you are somewhat more responsible respectful etc than most

let's renew this thread later...

19. scooter