ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Yolande Lucire - Sydney Psych?

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Cherished, Jan 26, 2010.

View Users: View Users
  1. Cherished

Cherished Silver Meritorious Patron

Does anyone know if Yolande Lucire (formerly a practising psychiatrist, now her registration has conditions upon it requiring her not to treat patients, but only to give advice of a medico-legal variety) is a Scientologist?

lucire.com.au

2. skollie

skollie Silver Meritorious Patron

There was a discussion on this at alt.religion

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  3. Cherished

Cherished Silver Meritorious Patron

oooo excellent. Thanks

blockcenter would be MaryAnn Block - CCHR Commissioner

4. grimples

grimples New Member

I think the obvious answer is 'No she is not'.
    Nor is Professor David Healy, psychiatrist and psychopharmacologist at the University of Wales.

A physician will treat patients regardless of their colour, creed or belief, or whether they're scientologists or not.

Just because a few physicians care enough about the very many people they are treating that they research, understand and have the courage to warn people about the sometimes deadly side effects of drugs - risking their own careers by doing so - doesn't make them scientologists anymore than it means that they must be catholics, protestants, muslim, atheists or agnostics.

Its a very harmful mistake to become so obsessed about who and who isn't a scientologist that lists are made of scientologists but those lists also include those who aren't scientologists, based on the erroneous belief that only scientologists warn about the side effects of drugs.

I've seen the list and I recognise several entries that I know are in no way connected with scientology. Those groups are doing their best to help people in big trouble because of reactions to drugs. If the average prescriber had been aware of those reactions then they would be able to help, but they're weren't, although they know more now than they did when those groups started - thanks to the work of the physicians that DO care. Thats all.

Perhaps it would be easier to understand why a few physicians who prescribe certain drugs also warn of the problems they can cause by reading a little bit of their work, so I'll put a link to an article by Dr Lucire and Professor Healy below in case you want to understand what they do and why they are concerned enough to put their careers on the line for their patients.

Dr Lucire here:
    http://www.lucire.com.au/documents/new-drugs-new-problems.aspx

Professor David Healy here:
    http://www.healyprozac.com

How hard and for how long Prof Healy and associates had to work to get some action by the UK medicines regulators is shown here:

http://www.socialaudit.org.uk/5100what.htm#5.1
    On that one its clearer if you scroll down to the bottom of page and work upwards, as the earliest info (1998) is at the bottom, then each dated further development goes up the page.

I hope that helps clears it up a bit :)

grimples

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  5. Feral

Feral Rogue male

Cherished, did you get an instant read? .......Yeah?

What was it?

Grimples, who seems overly sensitive wrote;

I didn't think anyone was obsessed, I thought someone asked a question in line with some research. Is this as oversensitive as it sounds or a strawman fallacy?

6. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

nailed it feral!!! LOL

7. The Great Zorg

The Great Zorg Gold Meritorious Patron

Yabut

Just an interesting replacement of a few key words of the reply from this "newbie";

Just because a few people care enough about the very many people they are sharing the world with that they research, understand and have the courage to warn people about the sometimes deadly side effects of scientology - risking their own freedoms, liberties and safety by doing so - doesn't make them religious bigots or a hate group anymore than it means that they must be Catholics, Protestants, Muslim, atheists or agnostics protesting social harms.

It's a very harmful mistake to become so obsessed about who and who isn't a protester that lists are made of Anons or ESMB'ers but those lists also include those who aren't Anons or ESMB'ers, based on the erroneous belief that only Anons or ESMB'ers warn about the devastating effects of scientology.

8. grimples

grimples New Member

I can only quick reply to one person, but I'm replying to all.
    I'm sorry you don't understand what I was trying to explain.