ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

You can read on this forum and still be a believer???

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Rmack, Nov 4, 2010.

View Users: View Users
  1. Rmack

Rmack Van Allen Belt Sunbather

Study microbiology. There is much available on the interweb. It's glaringly obvious that DNA is a computer code. A very sophisticated computer code. It didn't happen by itself, dude. You have to be put to sleep to not see it.

If it didn't happen by itself, how did it happen?

That's the question you need to answer, bro. Good luck.

2. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

Lol, bro. I would agree that it's information processing. That doesn't mean Jehovah wrote the code. That's a pretty big leap!

3. Rmack

Well, then who did write the code? et? who taught him?

It all winds up in the same place....

4. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

We don't know. Does that mean we have to pretend we do, because a bunch of con-men and spaced out gnostics wrote some stuff a few thousand years ago?

5. Rmack

I'm getting the feeling you were injured in the past. Let's do some auditing! What really pissed you off in the past about Christianity? Don't worry, I'm pissed off, too.

6. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Crusader

:)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  7. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

Yes, I was injured: people told me there was this guy who created the whole universe, spoke from burning bushes, killed tons of people, asked his followers to kill their children, etc., and it turned out they were LYING! Can you believe it?

8. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Crusader

9. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Crusader

10. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Why take that tone and get insulting? :confused2:
    I honestly answered a question from Smart One and then answered the questions that answer prompted from you. I'm answering with what I know about it, having done those Levels. Isn't that what a discussion is all about?

11. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

I agree. :)

And some still believe the "Jesus Christ Story".
    Are you kidding me?

12. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

13. AlphOhm

AlphOhm Traveler of time/space

:wink:

14. Rmack

Find out which story has the most press in history. Figure out why that is.

15. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

The OJ Simpson murder trial?

Oh, you mean most published? Like books?

Best Selling Books In History:

1. Tale of Two Cities (over 200 million)
    2. Lord of the Rings (150 million)
    3. The Hobbit (over 100 million)
    4. Dreams of the Red Chamber (over 100 million)
    5. On the Three Representations (100 million)
    6. And then there were none (100 million)
    7. The Lion the Witch & the Wardrobe (85 million)
    8. She (83 million)
    9. The Little Prince (80 million)
    10. The Davinci Code (80 million)

Oh you mean most printed books? Sure the Koran, works of Mao Zedong, Hitler and the Bible are in that list, but since those copies were given away in vast numbers as loss-leaders, there is no way to calculate whether people actually even wanted, believed, understood or applied the "tech" in them.

Thought it was rather fascinating that DMSMH does not appear anywhere on the TOP 150 books, despite the delusional propaganda numbers by the CoS. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_books

I mean---hey COB, "WHO MOVED MY CHEESE?" even made the list with 26 million copies!

Dave, a little bit of helpful advice? What about publishing "WHO MOVED MY BRIDGE?"

16. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

Because people want to believe in a big daddy in the sky who's going to make it all alright for his good soldiers.

17. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Crusader

I was reading up on some IDENICS stuff posted on the internet. Five different people who processed it professionally were giving their insights. It seems that whether or not you make gains on a process is determined by what identity you are in when you are runnning the process. Some run it as an immortal and some run it as someone who actally participated or were actually a Loyal Officer. The identity the pc is wearing has a 'limits' on what fits in their valence and what doesn't. Not everyone gets gains off of the same things. John Galusha and Mike Goldstein went in to researching this. I'm still reading the wealth of stuff. The back story behind its development and how it works and why I had never seen before. :wink2:

18. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

Nope. It's because at some periods of time in the history of Europe, it was enforced upon the population by rulers.
    And then it was spread out to other parts of the world by colonization.

It's also interesting to find out that the Synoptic Gospels were the latest "books" written for "The New Testament".
    Guess why.

19. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Yes, my Queen. I like Idenics.

20. Veda

Veda Sponsor

A quick compendium of disingenuous "explanations" for (Incident 2) of OT 3:

Incident 2 of OT 3:

"Does not exist; never heard of it; there is no such thing in Scientology; it's some one's misunderstanding, perhaps a misunderstood word." (This would never work on ESMB so is not used here.)

"It's a metaphor." This one has had some success in tricking those not familiar with Scientology, and has even been tried here on ESMB.

"It's fiction." This "angle" is even trickier than the above, since at first glance it appears to agree with those who say Incident 2 of OT 3 is nonsense. In fact, it merely avoids the topic of Hubbard's drug hallucination - given to "Advanced Course" students as exact time, place, form and event of a super-engram that can finally be "as-ised" by duplicating that time, place, form, and event - and jumps to the assertion that "people had some gains," etc.

Of course, if "Incident 2" is fiction, then it's a colossal "wrong indication" - amongst other things.

The nebulous "gains" (when these occur) of OT 3 are a lousy trade off. OT 3 is a mixture of just enough actual auditing with authoritative hypnotic suggestion and "wrong indications" (upon which ones survival depends, etc.), to constitute the necessary ingredients for the solvent&glue formula essential to any effective mind f__k.

The promise of OT 3 was that it would remove the final barrier to full OT, not that the person would have some "gains."

The "feel" and "philosophy" of OT 3, and later NOTs, can be summed up in perhaps the most frequently appearing words in their materials, including repair lists, "Blow him." Now there's a philosophy to live by when dealing with others.

The following link is one that appeared recently on another thread. IMO, it's worth clicking a reading:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=489832&postcount=36