ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

You guys (and girls) make me smile

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Neptune14, Jul 15, 2012.

View Users: View Users
  1. Neptune14

Neptune14 Patron

I just joined the board yesterday (my first one!) :happydance:

For a group of people who have been so deeply and negatively affected you are a bunch of amazing folks. I suppose that should be expected given that a group of Ex-Scientologists are likely to be people who care about their fellow man, have a deep desire to understand the nature of one's existence and who have been willing to sacrifice personal desires of the immediate for long-term greater good. Furthermore, it's a group of people who are able to read well and can comprehend complex and esoteric ideas, some of which are never even considered by many people in this world, who just stumble about not knowing that at the core of what we all are is a powerful and good being.
    Or, not.

I'm just trying to say in my awkward way that there is a reason I was attracted to Scientology all those years ago and it was largely due to the amazing people on lines who were so attractive to me (in a spiritual sense).

It's OK for me to work with or socialize with people who are living day to day and not "looking" but it's much more fun to socialize with people who want to know more. About everything.

Some of the story telling on this board is so compelling and many, many of the posts are read by me with a smile.

I am happy to have found this place!

Neptune

2. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

:welcome2:Welcome Neptune14 :welcome2:

Glad you came aboard. It would be nice if you would tell us your story. We like to hear people's stories here on ESMB. :yes:

3. LA SCN

LA SCN NOT drinking the kool-aid

You picked a fine time to join, Neptune! :thumbsup:

Our stats are Straight Up and Critical! :hysterical:

Join the party! :biggrin:

:dancer::party::dancer::party::dancer:

4. R2-45

R2-45 Silver Meritorious Patron

Ya nailed it, 'Tune:

Welcome aboard.

5. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

I don't see the world that way. There are lots of great people on this board, but also everywhere outside, people who are no less curious and interested in the big questions of life.

And there were plenty of Scientology staff members I met who were only amazing for their rudeness and lack of common sense or decency. People who would order you to call somebody at midnight to try and get them to pay some money, people who would send down orders that nobody could go home until we had $5,000 gross income - never mind that some of us had small children at home. I could go on.

I am glad you are enjoying the board though. It is a nice place to hang out. What stories have you found most compelling so far?

6. smartone

smartone My Own Boss

Hello and welcome Neptune14. Thanks for your lovely posting but I must admit that there were many people on lines I did not like, not to mention the rudeness of staff not even conceiving basic manners.

Since I left, I've had a whale of a time meeting people and making new non-scientologist friends. There are many, many people out here who are just swell and quite a lot of them have the same questions that we had and which got us into scientology.

I agree with you about this board and its members. Many a time I've been in stitches over the posts on here.

7. Neptune14

Neptune14 Patron

I will but I need to figure out how to tell it without drawing attention to my sister who is still in.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2012
  8. Neptune14

Neptune14 Patron

Perhaps I should clarify.

In no way did I mean to give the impression that I think less of people who are not looking or questioning the "big" questions in life and more importantly, I did not mean to leave the impression that just because someone was a Scientologist that I found him or her to be more enlightened or more intelligent than those who are not.

I simply meant to say that often times I have found that individuals who are seeking answers to life's big questions are more willing to engage in converstations about topics far more interesting and compelling than, say Kim Kardashian. I'm not a snob though. I like the Kim K stuff too, but I wouldn't join a board and chat about it.

Furthermore, in my original introductory post I expressed my thankfulness at those Scientologists who behaved in a truly assholish manner. I am thankful for them because they helped push me back out the door only a year after walking in. Had they been nice I may not have seen the light so soon.

Ultimately, my appreciation was directed toward some of the cool members of this board who post and discuss some very interesting topics. I probably shouldn't have stated it in such a way as to make it seem like I exclude non-philosophical people or don't enjoy certain people. but, this is the only board I have ever joined and it was entirely due to the cool folks here. :coolwink:

9. Neptune14

Neptune14 Patron

Agreed. There were some very poorly behaved people. I try to remember that most of them were rude because of the pressure they were under, too. There are always the people who will be rude just because they are rude though.

I only have non-scientologist friends and they are every bit as deep thinking as anyone I've ever met.

I think I made my original statement very inartfully. :no:

10. afaceinthecrowd

afaceinthecrowd Gold Meritorious Patron

Take your time.

Settle in.

That's what I did, slow and gentle like.

So glad you are here with all of Us.:clap:

I've had to be mindful of my anonymity. There are folks that I really care about that are still "in". But, over time, reading all the great stuff put up on this Board, the Heart rending stories and Dialoging with some of the real fine Folks here I found my "Voice" and a way to say what need to say, want to say, must say. :coolwink:

I think you'll do the same, Neptune 14. :yes:

Welcome to this here First Class Rodeo...Let 'er Buck!:happydance:

Face:)

11. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

I just realised that I hadn't welcomed you, so sorry about that.

Welcome!

12. Neptune14

Neptune14 Patron

Yee-haw!

13. Neptune14

Neptune14 Patron

Thank you! I like it here. :happydance:

14. Neptune14

Neptune14 Patron

Well, I haven't started a story yet that didn't completely draw me in; they are all so well written. Three that come to mind are The Old Days by lkwdblds, Markus' story and Twin A's story, but truly every story I've started I've read to the end. . It's the personal stories that really hit home.

15. Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily Gold Meritorious Patron

Welcome Neptune!

You are in for the ride of your life here! This place is just as amazing as you think it is, and for all the reasons you stated. :) I completely resonate with your OP -- in fact I could have written it. So, I think you are spot on.

You will meet amazing people here, and find laughter, tears, anger, and most of all better "processing" than you ever had in Scientology and great healing.

So glad you are here!

16. Moosejewels

Moosejewels Patron Meritorious

I have a confession. I, as you, were spiritually attracted to those amazing people. But I must admit, I was also physically attracted to many of those people.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Oh, and welcome aboard Neptune !

17. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

I couldn't agree with you more. This is an exceptional group of people! :thumbsup:

18. Welcome!!!!!

The Anabaptist Jacques

19. Moosejewels

Moosejewels Patron Meritorious

We had hearts of gold and brains of mush. With all the best and most noble of intentions. As they say, we were fucking RIPE FOR THE PICKIN !!!!
    :melodramatic::melodramatic::melodramatic::melodramatic:

20. Neptune14

Neptune14 Patron

Well, there was that too........and, thank you. :)