What's new

You guys have no idea

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Perhaps you're right, perhaps the ritual torture and killing of animals can cure skin conditions.

Perhaps the reason that no one does this anymore is because they are moving away from God, not because they are getting better education.

Four legged animals occasionally wipe their eyes with their front legs, just as insects do. Does this mean the Torah says or should say they are two legged?

This is reverse engineering the truth. The Torah got it wrong and after the fact, someone invents a reason that they were right in the first place.

As I said, even assuming it is true, trial and error is the obvious way people would discover this.

It is the way many efficacious folk remedies and treatments were discovered.

Not true. The plague was delivered by flea bites. Those fleas came with the rats.

What would heave helped, would have been sanitation and pest control, none of which was mentioned in the Torah.

This is a confirmation bias. When I lay clear evidence that the Torah was wrong, you attempt to argue that from a certain point of view, it was actually right.

When it can be manipulated to coincide with a promising tentative theory, you argue that science has validated it. You are convinced this is true, you look for evidence that appears to be supportive and ignore evidence that clearly refutes it.

You have already decided what the truth is and you will manipulate or ignore the evidence so that you can continue to believe it.

I've had a look at the website for the temple institute, and they are certainly making serious efforts to recreate the temple as close as possible to its original splendor.

Their is certainly a dangerous religious/political issue here, in that they want it built on the site of the present Al Aksa Mosque. They claim that the police in Israel have been discriminating against Jews visiting the site. Given the bloody nature of the Second Intifada, you can understand why they don't want Jews that are this crazy meeting with Muslims who are equally crazy.

What is absolutely horrible though, is that the Muslims are essentially excavating and destroying any trace of the historical remnants of the old temple, which was probably previously there as claimed. I've seen enough churches that used to be mosques or temples to know that the victor always takes away the enemies place of worship.

I've looked at the site, though and it makes no reference to animal sacrifice. Are you sure that is what they intend?

OK, man.

I haven't' read all of your stuff yet, but I will. I just wanted to remind you that I consider you part of my 'true tribe'. We have been through very similar things.

I recognize my self in your doubts. Does that make sense?

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
OK, man.

I haven't' read all of your stuff yet, but I will. I just wanted to remind you that I consider you part of my 'true tribe'. We have been through very similar things.

I recognize my self in your doubts. Does that make sense?
It does. I also appreciate the fact the you do address issues.

I've read some of the Temple website and I suspect that they might bring back some of those rituals.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Perhaps you're right, perhaps the ritual torture and killing of animals can cure skin conditions.

Perhaps the reason that no one does this anymore is because they are moving away from God, not because they are getting better education.

Well, like I said, there is a lot of stuff we don't know. I suspect our education is still at a very rudimentary level, but we know enough to make us rather arrogant.

Over a hundred years ago, after the discovery of the periodic table of the elements, a bunch of guys all impressed by their knowledge made public statement that there was no real reason to continue in science, because we obviously know it all now.

It seems like we tend to think that, until we find out otherwise.

Four legged animals occasionally wipe their eyes with their front legs, just as insects do. Does this mean the Torah says or should say they are two legged?

This is reverse engineering the truth. The Torah got it wrong and after the fact, someone invents a reason that they were right in the first place.

Come on, really? You really think they didn't know how many appendages bugs had? It probably gives you comfort to believe they were that stupid, but it doesn't fly. (get it?, hehehe)

As I said, even assuming it is true, trial and error is the obvious way people would discover this.

Trial and error? On their own kids, out in the middle of the desert, looking for something they would have no reason to suspect existed? Really? Don't think so.

Not true. The plague was delivered by flea bites. Those fleas came with the rats.

The Torah also gives lots of instruction for sanitation and quarantine protocols. Of course it would have helped. They didn't follow any of it because the science of the day couldn't understand the reasons why.

This is a confirmation bias. When I lay clear evidence that the Torah was wrong, you attempt to argue that from a certain point of view, it was actually right.

I don't consider you've given any clear evidence. You quote stuff as being obviously wrong because you don't understand any reason for it. Not that there isn't stuff in there that I don't understand the reason for, I've just seen that as history and science have progressed, more and more and more of it started to make sense.

We've still got a long way to go, though

I've had a look at the website for the temple institute, and they are certainly making serious efforts to recreate the temple as close as possible to its original splendor.

Their is certainly a dangerous religious/political issue here, in that they want it built on the site of the present Al Aksa Mosque. They claim that the police in Israel have been discriminating against Jews visiting the site. Given the bloody nature of the Second Intifada, you can understand why they don't want Jews that are this crazy meeting with Muslims who are equally crazy.

Actually, there is one theory, which I think fits the facts the best, that would allow them to build the Temple without harming either the Dome of the Rock to the North, or that mosque complex to the south.

An interesting aspect of this theory places the 'Most Holy Place' right smack over this fountain thing they have up there. I believe it's called 'the shrine of the spirits' or something. I suspect that someone knew all along.

I think this is the one that was discovered when someone researching ancient scrolls came across the equivalent of a survey map, which showed the positions of all these markers in respect to the Temple. They have found some of the markers. Kind of like postholes filled with cement and stamped with numbers. Well, letters actually, they were the same back then.

There are also a bunch of Cedar trees up there that would need to be cut down, but the Temple is paneled in Cedar, so that would work.

The Bible claims that a treaty will be made allowing this to happen. Lot's of stuff will have to change for that to come about, though.

What is absolutely horrible though, is that the Muslims are essentially excavating and destroying any trace of the historical remnants of the old temple, which was probably previously there as claimed. I've seen enough churches that used to be mosques or temples to know that the victor always takes away the enemies place of worship.

Yeah, that's a real bummer. The Muslims are aware of all that's going on, and are trying to thwart it in any way possible.

I've looked at the site, though and it makes no reference to animal sacrifice. Are you sure that is what they intend?

You didn't look enough. They have all the knives and forks and shovels and all of that for the offerings and the barbeque afterwards. And besides, that was the main function of the Temple. There wouldn't really be any other reason for building it.

Last edited:

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Can I ask whether or not you are still in contact with Mark?

Not for over twenty years.

He had a rough childhood. He was brought up in foster homes, and not because his real parents were dead.

We were all pot smoking hippies at the time of the OBE I described, but after I got out of Scientology, I found out he had qualified for 'crazy pay' from the government, and was not only abusing the drugs he was prescribed, but was a 'garbage head' and would take anything.

I was so pissed! They were freakin' filling his prescriptions as fast as he wanted! No oversight on how much he really was going through!

I think they've handled that better as computers became ubiquitous, but at the time it was appalling.

He insisted on just showing up every so often. Usually after he had blown his crazy pay on hookers and drugs and motel rooms and still needed to get through the month. He had a circuit of friends for this.

Anyway, I tried to get him to call first, but he just wouldn't. I gave him my number and everything. When I moved to my new condo, I never saw him again.

He was pretty far gone by then. It's a sad story.