ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Young Sea Org'r returned to his mother..

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Smurf, Aug 22, 2012.

View Users: View Users
  1. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

You may recall the thread from last March regarding Scilon Kenya Smith, of Denver, Colorado, turning her 11-year-old son to the Sea Org in Clearwater, and gloating on her Facebook how her young son was excelling as "Commander" of the Cadet Org.

**The thread was removed by a mod for unknown reasons**

You can read the thread on OCMB.. http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=49558

I was contacted last March by an acquaintance of Kenya Smythe after she read the threads here & on WWP. The source recently confirmed some very good news. :party:

Despite the complaints filed with law enforcement agencies going nowhere, it caused a PR nightmare for the cult in Clearwater. FUCK YOU OSA and YOU'RE WELCOME.

Jet Arranz is now OUT of the Sea Org and back home in Denver, Colorado, living with his mother & soon-to-be stepfather.

Recent happy pics..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:party::dancer:

2. Adam7986

Adam7986 Declared SP

This is awesome. I am so happy to hear a child was freed from that place. He's so young too. I'm glad he can enjoy his youth again.

3. Idle Morgue

Idle Morgue Gold Meritorious Patron

I saw children leave for the Sea Org too - they came back. One was 13 and called me only to sell the drivel. I told her no - I did not need any more stuff but that I loved her! Another one was at an advanced Morgue - I ran in to him - he was 14. He told me with all sincerity - "I want to get up the Bridge". My heart broke for some reason - his family who has been in is a total mess! Bankrupt, divorced - still in - and crazy as bats! Poor kid - he has no where to go!:bigcry:

4. Ho Tai

Ho Tai Patron Meritorious

I think that Kenya is ex-SO. If so, I assume she knew exactly what she was doing when she put her son in.

5. BunnySkull

BunnySkull Silver Meritorious Patron

Woot!!! A childhood literally saved!! Awesome work Smurf, truly I don't think there's anything you can be prouder of, when it comes to activism against the CoS, than saving a child from the abusive, soul crushing SO.

Out of curiosity, you mentioned the mother read the threads - does that mean she actively tried to get her son back? Or just the PR flap resulted in the cult returning her son?

I can only hope the mothers eyes have been opened and she runs far far away from the cult - if not now, then soon.

6. rich

rich Silver Meritorious Patron

good work Smurf!

7. Smurf

The latter. The mother threatened to sue me for posting about the matter and copying/pasting photos from her Facebook page. I challenged her to try, as I'd already been advised by an attorney that the federal Privacy Act does not cover publicly-assessable Facebook pages.

The *PRIVACY NOTICE* that now appears on her Facebook page, and that of many other Scientologists on Facebook, is meaningless & has no legal standing.

https://www.facebook.com/kenya.smythe

She responded by removing the Sea Org photos of her son, which I'd already copied & printed, and they accompanied my complaints to law enforcement.

8. Adam7986

Adam7986 Declared SP

There are no violations of the Facebook T&C.

http://www.facebook.com/legal/terms

Emphasis mine.

9. Smurf

Are you sure it was me or an imposter? :biggrin:

10. PirateAndBum

PirateAndBum Gold Meritorious Patron

I would think that DMCA applies to the photos.

11. Smurf

You think wrong. The photos have to be copyrighted for infringement to take place under the DMCA.

Ordinarily, photos on a person's Facebook page lack copyright unless they've been used commercially.

12. Johnd

Johnd Patron with Honors

Good work Smurf. The kid has a much better chance outside the s.o. The induction of teens and even pre-teens is one of the main ways the cult builds its slave corps. It is sadder and surely more ruinous even than the recruitment of adults. A tragedy that needs to stop.

john

13. StickbyMe

StickbyMe Patron with Honors

Well, you know the Sea Org motto, doncha?

We come back.

I know I did.

14. rich

rich Silver Meritorious Patron

Not sure , but probably you. There is so much video and writing on the net by you and about you that you are very real to me.

15. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

One can only wonder what form of a "childhood" he can ever have with that kind of a Scientologist mother. She knew what's up and sent him anyway - at 11!!

16. Smurf

Awwww..c'mon... rich..

Can I be Jeremy Renner? Please?

17. Claire Swazey

Claire Swazey Spokeshole, fence sitter

That poor poor kid. I'm amazed and appalled that any mom would have done that, especially one who'd been in the SO.

It boggles the mind.

18. Smurf

I learned from the CPD that it had to do with the mother's finances & living situation, which at the time, was precarious... a nice way of saying she couldn't afford to support him.

She's now on better footing, and reportedly, getting assistance from her parents & brother in Mexico.

19. xseaorguk

xseaorguk Patron Meritorious

20. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

I think the child has a four year stay of execution at best. He's signed a billion year contract and his mother doesn't see anything wrong with it - she was proud to have her son in the Sea Org - proud of how "well" he was doing, I thought.