ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Young Sea Org'r returned to his mother..

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Smurf, Aug 22, 2012.

View Users: View Users
  1. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

Yes, those who created this evil deserve the lion's share of the blame, and those who perpetuate it and profit from it today. My heartfelt wishes for your son's return.

2. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

It's a very complex issue when discussing "Martyland" because many people have left the corporate church of Scientology believing they have benefited from some of their experiences.. I grew up Mormon and was a LDS missionary, am no longer a devout member of the church (and have not been ex-communicated). I have serious problems with the doctrines & policies of the LDS, but I have fond memories of positive experiences as a Mormon as well.

Some people see the world as 'black & white'.. no gray area allowed. You're either in, or you're out. It's Good vs. Evil. When you leave the COS, many expect you to view it, and everything within it, including those that are still beholden to it, as evil.

That is not reality. I have friends that are friends of Marty. Some of them applaud his vision and what he's doing; some of them support the man, as a friend, but want nothing to do with his Independent Scientologist movement.

You have to decide for yourself what is important to you, and stand up for it. You are no longer existing in a cult environment which sustained a group mentality, an individualism was suppressed. If you believe that you benefited in some ways from your many years in Scientology, than own it, and fuck those people that view you as crazy or "brainwashed". It says more about them, than it does you.

Likewise, if you believe your many years in Scientology was a load of mental manipulation & hogwash. Not everyone that has left the cult has the same experiences or perspectives of what they have been through.

You are in the driver's seat of your own life. Fuck anyone that tries to tell you, otherwise.

3. clamicide

clamicide Gold Meritorious Patron

It's funny, but coming out of the cult, the cult was the one thing I did not look at in "black and white". Which is really odd, because that's a tendency I had since a was a very young child. When leaving, I absolutely did not believe that all of the cult or the tech was evil. I analyzed everything... spent more hours than you can fucking believe. Every time that I went down the line and deduced that something I truly believed was helpful was pretty fucking harmful, killed me. It was hard for me to admit.

I had pc's who thanked me for saving their lives. I kind of had a moment at one point remembering something that Hubbard said that even with the worst application, the tech will get some result... and I kind of thought... 'huh, that's what's going on with Scio. He has pulled enough truth from other places, that some good things are bound to come of it'. Every fucking 'ology' or religion on the planet will have some success, or having people believe there will be future success, or it would not gain hold in the first place. Scientology is no different in that particular aspect.

I actually had a session with a therapist today. Fuck me. Hard work. Don't know if I would have 'f/ned' at the end, but damn. Called my son and told him that it was sort of like what Scio promised their sessions would do for me... not saying all therapy or therapists are good. I feel damned lucky. And it was definitely addressed to me, and not the 'reactive mind we all share'.

I, personally, feel that training and the auditing processes are ultimately detrimental, despite how 'better' one might feel, or the 'wins'. That's what I feel after studying it and looking at the pc's I've had and the folders I've studied. It was never a black and white "I hate Scio"... I hate that I could be classified as someone who has a knee-jerk reaction and feels that way, but I can live with it. I just refuse to tout the 'good' that is within Scientology.

And, yes, I look at those going to Martyville as cult-hopping. Can't bring myself to apologize for that viewpoint. From day one I've said it's cult 2.0, and the more I'm seeing, the more I think I'm right on that point. But, I'm totally fine with others disagreeing... all that needing other to agree with your viewpoint is way too cult-like for me :coolwink:

4. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

Well, I guess the child's return to his mother was short-lived. She posted 2 hours ago. Nice parent she is. :duh:

"I am thankful that tomorrow I get to see my son!!!!!! Jet I Iove you . — feeling excited. He is 14 and he is in the SO at Flag so I will be at the Grand Opening too.. double excited"

https://www.facebook.com/kenya.smythe

5. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

I came back out.:yes:

6. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

Sorry Smurf! That's sad news.

7. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Sad news indeed. :bigcry:

Sorry, Smurf.

You did good, though - and his time out may have been long enough to read and hear enough to put some solid doubts in his mind that see him out again - permanently. Soon.